2016 TVPad Post New Year Outage Information

Comments

• @tylerlee Like I've already said before, I have already tried this method before posting.. I bought a new USB and put the two files on it. My TvPad shows the USB icon on the main screen but there's no prompt to install anything.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @TheDinkles Is your USB fat32 formatted ?
  • @padman That I don't know. How do I check to see if it is?
  • edited April 2016
    @padman That I don't know. How do I check to see if it is?
    Plug the USB in your computer and check the properties where it will tell you the format.
  • @padman I reformatted it to FAT (using a Mac), but still no prompt to install anything.
  • @padman I reformatted it to FAT (using a Mac), but still no prompt to install anything.
    i suggest u download both files and try again.
    if either one of those files are corrupted. it won't load.
  • edited April 2016
    @tylerlee Already tried. Went to different sections of the Tvpad and nothing.

Reformatted the USB again, re-downloaded YueTV and the batch installer, but still nothing.
    Post edited by TheDinkles on
  • remyremy Junior Member
    @TheDinkles

what's the size of the USB drive? i noticed that when i plug in my usb, it would take a few minutes before the files appear on the screen. maybe try formatting the USB on a PC instead of a MAC.
    @tylerlee Already tried. Went to different sections of the Tvpad and nothing.

Reformatted the USB again, re-downloaded YueTV and the batch installer, but still nothing.
  • edited April 2016
    @remy You da real MVP, remy. Took the USB to work and it was because of my Mac. Got YueTV to go on my Tvpad 4. Thanks!

@padman So the only way to get the Mandarin channels to work is through the VPN method, right?
    Post edited by TheDinkles on
  • hi all...
    recently moved and got verizon fios
    my tvpad4 was working on wifi with time warner cable internet on the 49 dns (did not work on ethernet since outage of last year)...however when i tried to reconnect today with the new network, it had stopped working. any idea on specific settings allowing it to work on verizon fios? thank you
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @TheDinkles I think you can run betv if you want mandarin channels
  • I'm using non US version of Yue TV but there's no VivTV channel anyone got that?
  • remyremy Junior Member
    @squidy508
    hi all...
    recently moved and got verizon fios
    my tvpad4 was working on wifi with time warner cable internet on the 49 dns (did not work on ethernet since outage of last year)...however when i tried to reconnect today with the new network, it had stopped working. any idea on specific settings allowing it to work on verizon fios? thank you
    my tvpad4 is set to auto dns using ethernet connection to Fios.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member

What do you mean for non US version of Yue TV what version's number show it there
    I'm using non US version of Yue TV but there's no VivTV channel anyone got that?
  • changtakchangtak Junior Member
    Hello everyone, i have some problem with 1 of my tvpad 4 that i buy one on ebay. the tvpad 4 was brand new, it came with firmware 5.054 and i update to 5.060 because i live in dominican republic, but i have problem using it, when i try to open apps or enter tvpad app store i always have this error message, use of tvpad is restricted. for more information, please contact the seller. and cannot open any apps. i try every method changing dns 49. and few more. still got that message, and i see the greenman it wont connect. my internet is fine in my house i have 4 more tvpad and working good. only the new one have problem. can someone help please?
  • Hello everyone, i have some problem with 1 of my tvpad 4 that i buy one on ebay. the tvpad 4 was brand new, it came with firmware 5.054 and i update to 5.060 because i live in dominican republic, but i have problem using it, when i try to open apps or enter tvpad app store i always have this error message, use of tvpad is restricted. for more information, please contact the seller. and cannot open any apps. i try every method changing dns 49. and few more. still got that message, and i see the greenman it wont connect. my internet is fine in my house i have 4 more tvpad and working good. only the new one have problem. can someone help please?
    Seems like the device MAC address has been blacklisted.

• What do you mean for non US version of Yue TV what version's number show it there
    I'm using non US version of Yue TV but there's no VivTV channel anyone got that?
    There's no such thing as YueTV on Tvpad 4 for non US customers.

ViuTV doesn't appear under 港粵網路電視 app (the Yue 粵 equivalent outside of US)? I assume
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @neonlight ViuTV is on 港粵網路電視
  • @neonlight ViuTV is on 港粵網路電視
    Looks like its there now. I wish there ViuTV VODs
  • @neonlight ViuTV is on 港粵網路電視
    Looks like its there now. I wish there ViuTV VODs
    Yes, selected ViuTV VODs are there too.