2016 TVPad Post New Year Outage Information

Comments

• changtakchangtak Junior Member
    @Casterina sometime tvpad 4 work, it work like 30 minutes then greenman wont connect and got the error,again. use of tvpad is restricted. for more information, please contact the seller
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    @neonlight ViuTV is on 港粵網路電視
    Looks like its there now. I wish there ViuTV VODs
    Yes, selected ViuTV VODs are there too.
    Yes everything of ViuTv also in YueTv 0.40 now
  • @neonlight ViuTV is on 港粵網路電視
    Looks like its there now. I wish there ViuTV VODs
    Yes, selected ViuTV VODs are there too.
    Where do you see this? Under drama of variety shows?
  • How can I watch YueTv? After upgraded to 0.40 there is a note in the middle of the screen telling me that YueTv is not available in my area.
    I have a TVpad 4, in the USA, VPN to Canada.
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    You do not need the VPN connection to canada if you want to watch Yue TV and you are in the USA. Your VPN connection probably cause that error message since YueTV is only for USA users.YueTV is all cantonese show, if you want to watch mandarin show, you need to install the 360 apps.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    How can I watch YueTv? After upgraded to 0.40 there is a note in the middle of the screen telling me that YueTv is not available in my area.
    I have a TVpad 4, in the USA, VPN to Canada.
    When you use YueTv in USA don't use VPN
  • GTO656GTO656 Junior Member
    Canto app is down
  • TV PAD NOW WORKING IN THE UK

I tried searching through many forums to see whether I was able to get the TVPAD 4 to work again but failed to do so for quite some time. Tried changing the DNS codes originally and that worked at first but recently it stopped working altogether.

I was on the phone to a friend of the family and they just told me the following;
    1 TV Pad main menu
    2 Click Settings
    3 Click Network
    4 Select auto NOT MANUAL and below click aquire.

So the mistake was to input the DNS code manually. All that was needed was for the machine to automatically search for it. Miraculously this worked for me and I wanted to share this information wish the hope that this will work for many others.
  • TV PAD NOW WORKING IN THE UK

I tried searching through many forums to see whether I was able to get the TVPAD 4 to work again but failed to do so for quite some time. Tried changing the DNS codes originally and that worked at first but recently it stopped working altogether.

I was on the phone to a friend of the family and they just told me the following;
    1 TV Pad main menu
    2 Click Settings
    3 Click Network
    4 Select auto NOT MANUAL and below click aquire.

So the mistake was to input the DNS code manually. All that was needed was for the machine to automatically search for it. Miraculously this worked for me and I wanted to share this information wish the hope that this will work for many others.
    Many thanks for the detailed info. My folks are in the UK and they've also lost the connection a few days ago. In desperation, they thought "factory reset" was a good idea and now I find myself doing tech support over facetime to try to fix the TVPAD for them!

I've tried both the manual DNS's (all the listed European ones don't work anymore) and setting it to Auto, but I could not get access to the TVPAD store. My box is on v5.054 firmware (no updates to 5.060 was found over-the-air when they were connected to a manual DNS).

If you have a working network setting for the UK (manual DNS or Auto), please can you share your solution??

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @simonp Haev you tried the paid dns ?
  • @simonp Haev you tried the paid dns ?
    Hi padman, no I haven't but is that the only viable option left for UK users? Which provider would you recommend? Thanks!
  • @simonp , I don't see why you need VPN or paid DNS for your TVPad in UK. Did you try Open DNS 208.67.222.222 or Google 8.8.8.8?
  • DNS is ok but getting error code -1 from the UK
  • I set my VPN to a UK server and it is working fine without problem. My TVPad has firmware 5.06.
  • OrangeTVOrangeTV Junior Member
    I am in US and my YueTV has stopped working. I has been using paid DNS and YueTV was working fine until mid-March. I tested the DNS on my computer and said Your IP is authorized! I also tried to switch from Manual to Auto, YueTV is still not working. I even tried to reinstall the app. What can I do to get my YueTV back? Thanks!
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @OrangeTV What version is your yuetv ?
  • navnav Junior Member
    Copied from TVpad Forum!
    "尊敬的tvpadfans用户: 由于业务调整,论坛暂时关闭。给您带来的不便,敬请谅解!"

Dear tvpadfans users: Due to business restructuring , the forum is temporarily closed. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • OrangeTVOrangeTV Junior Member
    @OrangeTV What version is your yuetv ?
    It is 0.40.
  • I am in US and my YueTV has stopped working. I has been using paid DNS and YueTV was working fine until mid-March. I tested the DNS on my computer and said Your IP is authorized! I also tried to switch from Manual to Auto, YueTV is still not working. I even tried to reinstall the app. What can I do to get my YueTV back? Thanks!
    YueTV v4 is working fine here @US with auto dns, may be try to reset your router.
  • Uk tvpad4 upgraded to 5.06 installed all apps after reset, auto network is working, but all apps inc market gets gets message of tvpad is restricted inc yuetv. Any fix?