2016 TVPad Post New Year Outage Information

Comments

• @snoopy1, read the useful files thread and install the apps manually.
  • @padman Thanks, but I'm not able to access the Tvpad store to update apps. I've been getting limited access to apps ever since the big outage last year. I was using the 123 DNS, but it was only letting me watch some live channels. Lost access to the American shows and others.
  • Hi BennyLam, Sorry I can't find the file how to install the apps manually. Would you mind send me the link. Thanks!
  • @snoopy1 . go to first post of TVPad 4 (m418) Useful files (Firmware + Apps) thread, you will see some download links for TVPad 4 apps, download them all and unzip to a USB drive. Plug the USB drive to the TVPad and it will popup a menu automatically. Follow the menu to install all the apps. Delete those you don't want afterwards.
  • I heard from sources in Hong Kong that the people behind TVpad has been arrested. Looks like TVpad is no longer viable.
    @bobotheclown :
    Can you confirm or validate your source about TVPad personnel being arrested?
    If possible, please attach news link.
    This is serious news business.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @TheDinkles You're gonna need to connect to a vpn to update the apps
  • @padman Does this have a 100% chance of fixing the issues? And I looked at the guide here, but can we use a different VPN than the one posted?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @TheDinkles You can use any vpn as long as your tvpad can connect to it. The ones in the guide are tested and working.

• pappypappy Member
    Tvpad4 working on purevpn auto dns to romania 港粤 and Yue working no area restrictions but no tvpad store in NYC. Strange!
    I had no connections for last two days on VPN with dns 47..... Switched to AutoDNS and voila! Both apps work!
  • edited March 2016
    u don't need vpn in america. use auto dns. read the thread from the beginning for instructions and apps on how to install them.
    http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/233/tvpad-4-m418-useful-files-firmware-apps/p1
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @tylerlee Auto only work with Yuetv. If he wants to use 港粤 then he needs to vpn.
  • @tylerlee Auto only work with Yuetv. If he wants to use 港粤 then he needs to vpn.
    both apps have the same stuff inside. only need one of them.
  • pappypappy Member
    edited March 2016
    I do notice that apps fly on vpn router. YueTV on regular router auto DNS is slower to stream and hiccups somtimes. YueTV has foreign movies while 港粵does not. For full range of movies the BETV plus is needed.
  • @tylerlee Were you talking to me? If so, I already tried installing YueTV with those instructions (before posting) and there's no update option.
  • @tylerlee Were you talking to me? If so, I already tried installing YueTV with those instructions (before posting) and there's no update option.
    u have to install the yuetv version 0.40. auto dns will work.
  • I do notice that apps fly on vpn router. YueTV on regular router auto DNS is slower to stream and hiccups somtimes. YueTV has foreign movies while 港粵does not. For full range of movies the BETV plus is needed.
    probably slow on wifi, but ethernet cable pretty damn fast.
    Betv can be substitue with Vst, M and Youku. all working fine on any android device.
  • Try fast forwarding on the replay of YueTv, you will notice the difference between YueTV and 港粵.
  • edited April 2016
    @tylerlee That's the problem though. I downloaded the APK for YueTV V.40 and put it on a USB. I plugged it into my TvPad but there's no prompt to update/install the APK. I downloaded the batch.banana file as well but there's nothing showing up when the USB is plugged in.

@padman Is the VPN method guaranteed to work 100%? Because I don't really want to subscribe to a VPN and a buy another router if it doesn't.
  • edited April 2016
    @tylerlee That's the problem though. I downloaded the APK for YueTV V.40 and put it on a USB. I plugged it into my TvPad but there's no prompt to update/install the APK. I downloaded the batch.banana file as well but there's nothing showing up when the USB is plugged in.

@padman Is the VPN method guaranteed to work 100%? Because I don't really want to subscribe to a VPN and a buy another router if it doesn't.
    make sure u have a clean usb with nothing inside. or format your usb and put the 2 files on the usb.

here are the links from the kind people that use the time to upload the files on this site.

batch banana https://mega.nz/#!OINBkZ7C!5F8_seRJfHQXpnG6jO4MsZQ3T8337-NTEPZC-rexg2Q
    yuetv 0.40 http://www.filedropper.com/yuetv040

watch the video instructions http://tvpadnews.com/2015/11/26/how-to-install-app-on-your-tvpad-4-yuetv-apk/