2016 TVPad Post New Year Outage Information

Comments

• Hi guys. None of my apps are working on my TV Pad. Currently on firmware V5.054. Any advice guys? I am based in the UK and every time I run a connection test, it fails at the connection stage. Should I manually update to V5.060? Thanks in advance.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hi guys. None of my apps are working on my TV Pad. Currently on firmware V5.054. Any advice guys? I am based in the UK and every time I run a connection test, it fails at the connection stage. Should I manually update to V5.060? Thanks in advance.
    Tell more about your network setting and what kind of the apps it fail for you?
  • nick1spnick1sp Junior Member
    looks like the 49 DNS number is having problems. Anyone else can confirm? Any alternatives?
  • edited March 2016
    I could use some advice. I've been using the Yue app without issues until about mid February where I had a region restriction popup. Been on a HK VPN since then but my HK VPN connection isn't stable. Hoping to get back to Yue, but recently I'm getting some (-3T) error. It sounds like some of you are having no real connection/region issue with Yue?

I'm in California, USA. Device is on firmware V5.054. Yue 0.40. Auto DNS.

Also, is there a good application for Android Boxes for CNTV/CCTV streams? CBox app works great, but it's made for touch screen operation and not direction arrow selection friendly.
    I have tried out 电视家2.0 (TVLive), but I have a lot of no signal errors. My internet connection is good, I get consistence 40Mb/s Down, 10Mb/s Up.
    I could use some advice. I've been using the Yue app without issues until about mid February where I had a region restriction popup. Been on a HK VPN since then but my HK VPN connection isn't stable. Hoping to get back to Yue, but recently I'm getting some (-3T) error. It sounds like some of you are having no real connection/region issue with Yue?

I'm in California, USA. Device is on firmware V5.054. Yue 0.40. Auto DNS.

Also, is there a good application for Android Boxes for CNTV/CCTV streams? CBox app works great, but it's made for touch screen operation and not direction arrow selection friendly.
    I have tried out 电视家2.0 (TVLive), but I have a lot of no signal errors. My internet connection is good, I get consistence 40Mb/s Down, 10Mb/s Up.
    Please try to EasyTv apps for CNTV/CCTV in US
    Thanked by 1vkjwo

• Please try to EasyTv apps for CNTV/CCTV in US
    It works ok, but it also needs a mouse control as the arrows cannot select the icon lists.
    Thanks for replying.
  • Hi guys. None of my apps are working on my TV Pad. Currently on firmware V5.054. Any advice guys? I am based in the UK and every time I run a connection test, it fails at the connection stage. Should I manually update to V5.060? Thanks in advance.
    What do you need to know about my network settings? None of the apps I have are working at all, whether it YUE or the live channels. Any help will be appreciated.
    Hi guys. None of my apps are working on my TV Pad. Currently on firmware V5.054. Any advice guys? I am based in the UK and every time I run a connection test, it fails at the connection stage. Should I manually update to V5.060? Thanks in advance.
    What do you need to know about my network settings? None of the apps I have are working at all, whether it YUE or the live channels. Any help will be appreciated.
    The YueTv apps is only working in US ,If you are locate in UK you better use 港粵網路電視 apps to instead. The network set to automatic...
  • nick1spnick1sp Junior Member
    network settings as in if you're using VPN or not, auto DNS or not. Since it looks like you're using YUE, then that mean you're not on VPN. What does it mean failing at the connection stage? have you done the network test? how far did it pass? IP address? Gateway? DNS? or Server?
    network settings as in if you're using VPN or not, auto DNS or not. Since it looks like you're using YUE, then that mean you're not on VPN. What does it mean failing at the connection stage? have you done the network test? how far did it pass? IP address? Gateway? DNS? or Server?
    It is on auto DNS. In terms of the network test, it is failing at the last section, i.e. only fails at the server stage. All other stages are getting the tick symbol.
    The YueTv apps is only working in US ,If you are locate in UK you better use 港粵網路電視 apps to instead. The network set to automatic...
    Yep, network is set to automatic already. And 港粵網路電視 apps are not working, nor are any other channels. Could it be this is due to the fact that I am still on V5.054 firmware?
  • Update 港粵網路電視 app in TVPad store.
    I cannot access the TVPad Store =S None of the apps are working, nor is the store. In the network test, I am just failing at the server stage.
    I cannot access the TVPad Store =S None of the apps are working, nor is the store. In the network test, I am just failing at the server stage.
    Use 49.213.10.163 DNS to update your firmware to 5.060 and change network to Auto and now you will be able to access the TVPad store.

Use 49.213.10.163 DNS to update your firmware to 5.060 and change network to Auto and now you will be able to access the TVPad store.

Thanks so much. I'm now able to access the app store and some channels are working =) but channels 粵海寛頻 + 粵海時移 are still not working? Do you know why that is? They haven't banned this in UK have they..?
  • edited March 2016
    Update 港粵網路電視 app in TVPad store.

Thanks so much. I'm now able to access the app store and some channels are working =) but channels 粵海寛頻 + 粵海時移 are still not working? Do you know why that is? They haven't banned this in UK have they..?
    You can delete 粵海寛頻 and 粵海時移 app as all contents is now inside 港粵網路電視 app in Live section.

You can delete 粵海寛頻 and 粵海時移 app as all contents is now inside 港粵網路電視 app in Live section.

Ah ok - will do that then. Thanks - sorry I don't use this much, bought this for the parents.
  • Hello all, the apps on my Tvpad 4 have stopped running this week. I've been getting error code 4120 L, and was wondering if anyone had any idea how to fix this. Firmware is still 5.054 and I'm in Southern California. I tried getting the YueTv apk installed but it won't work either. Thank you for any help.
  • I heard from sources in Hong Kong that the people behind TVpad has been arrested. Looks like TVpad is no longer viable.
  • I live in US, my TVpad 4 is not working since 3/22 afternoon. I unplugged the machine, plug it back, machine need to reinstalled as new machine. After reinstalled, all my apps were gone. Try to add app from TVpad store, no app are available.

Today, I try to follow Casterina's instruction as "Use 49.213.10.163 DNS to update your firmware to 5.060 and change network to Auto and now you will be able to access the TVPad store." nothing work when I change DSN to 49.213.10.63, DNS & Server with error code -1. Go to update firmware "Network Abnormal"

Can someone tell me how to get app from TV pad store