2016 TVPad Post New Year Outage Information

Comments

• Can someone please confirm if tvpad3 is working with vpn?? If it is working, what dns is it using??

I am in Hawaii, USA. I subscribed to www.privateinternetaccess.com for $7 a month for vpn service. It worked for the past 3 months, but it did not work in the last couple weeks. If it does not work, I am thinking of canceling the $7 a month with privateinternetaccess.com. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jason C
    Hawaii
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Can someone please confirm if tvpad3 is working with vpn?? If it is working, what dns is it using??

I am in Hawaii, USA. I subscribed to www.privateinternetaccess.com for $7 a month for vpn service. It worked for the past 3 months, but it did not work in the last couple weeks. If it does not work, I am thinking of canceling the $7 a month with privateinternetaccess.com. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jason C
    Hawaii
    Check it here your Tvpad 3 was dead !
  • clifflee06clifflee06 Junior Member
    Thank you very much.
  • So, is YueTV V2.3 working? Or is it better to stick to V2.2? Thanks :)
  • Hello:
    I followed cheuk5's video from the 2 postings earlier, and my tvpad3 is able to watch steaming using the phanto app. But the biggest problem is it is jittery, or it is pausing every couple seconds on every streaming video. Is that normal for now?? That way I know I have the latest fix and I am confident you will continue to have more updates.

Jason C
    Hawaii
  • Hello:
    I followed cheuk5's video from the 2 postings earlier, and my tvpad3 is able to watch steaming using the phanto app. But the biggest problem is it is jittery, or it is pausing every couple seconds on every streaming video. Is that normal for now?? That way I know I have the latest fix and I am confident you will continue to have more updates.

Jason C
    Hawaii
    yeap, most likely all streams are death or loading hard. problem is we need online streams but not that many exist for panto.pkg.

atm is worthless tvpad1-3. i just see the option to buy htv3.
  • plasmaplasma Junior Member
    Thanks so much tomato123 for the apps update!
  • With tvpad 4 do I still need the paid DNS or vpn?
  • Cadillac58Cadillac58 Junior Member
    A few days ago, two of my friends with tvpad 4 said their box reset while they were watching a show. In one case, all of the apps were erased. Another friend with VPN said his is still working. After apps were reinstalled on the one box, the original app that partially worked and still allowed TVB viewing no longer worked at all.
  • is the YueTV app on tvpad4 down? only live streaming working. Playback and tvb drama are not working.
  • Recently I experienced I have to keep trying a few times before VOD streams will connect. I think its a server issue. Not sure if this is Australia only or in US as well
  • Recently I experienced I have to keep trying a few times before VOD streams will connect. I think its a server issue. Not sure if this is Australia only or in US as well
    Are you using VPN? I had the same experience but I think that was due to the problem of the VPNunlimited server.
  • VeronicaVeronica Junior Member
    Hi,

I noticed that "playback" function in the Yue v2.3 app has not been working since 3/8/16. Also, in the "playback" section, the app icon for "J5" is also missing. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue or is it just me? I'm using TVPad4.
  • remyremy Junior Member
    @Veronica
    @cheuk5
    Hi,

I noticed that "playback" function in the Yue v2.3 app has not been working since 3/8/16. Also, in the "playback" section, the app icon for "J5" is also missing. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue or is it just me? I'm using TVPad4.
    look at the post by Cheuk5 on March 6 here:
    http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/233/tvpad-4-m418-useful-files-firmware-apps/p13

I did not download the file because I received a prompt to upgrade Yue from v2.1 to v.40 yesterday.

tvpad4 ver 5.054
    NYC, USA
  • Hi, I have a problem watching the Cantonese channel because it would connect or something like that. I live in California and I'm using tvpad4 with fw 5.054. Please help!
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @MKay You need to use yuetv or use a vpn connection
  • VeronicaVeronica Junior Member
    @remy

I did not download the file because I received a prompt to upgrade Yue from v2.1 to v.40 yesterday.

tvpad4 ver 5.054
    NYC, USA
    _____

Thanks, I too got the prompt on Friday to upgrade Yue (of course shortly after I posted my issue). Its now working but the streaming tends to buffer more constantly now with this new version when watching "playback". All of my favorites are gone but can't complain too much nowadays.
  • @remy

tvpad4 ver 5.054
    NYC, USA
    _____

Thanks, I too got the prompt on Friday to upgrade Yue (of course shortly after I posted my issue). Its now working but the streaming tends to buffer more constantly now with this new version when watching "playback". All of my favorites are gone but can't complain too much nowadays.
    @Veronica: I am not sure where you are, but in NYC, the v0.40 of YueTV actually works quite well with Verizon FiOS. No buffering on 'replay'. Live streaming is OK too.
  • I am in NYC too . since update Yue Tv to 0.40 . it have a lot of update on movie section .
    look like all is fine now .