Ubox Daily Status Thread

Comments

• New UBTV app not working at all. Got the Error 404 message.
    It was working yesterday.
  • ForDaParentsForDaParents Junior Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm pulling my hair out here. The newUBTV app does the "please wait" message and eventually times out at my mom's place. It works fine at our place. We have different internet providers---she has TWC. I swapped out our units as a test and the same issue appears while on her network. I already tried rebooting her modem and resetting it from the TWC website. I wonder if TWC might be blocking certain IPs.
  • I'd updated for couple of days, it's working flawlessly, if the "please wait" issue, deleted it and reinstalled again from AppMarket.
  • xlxllxlxxlxllxlx Junior Member
    I'd updated for couple of days, it's working flawlessly, if the "please wait" issue, deleted it and reinstalled again from AppMarket.
    I am having the same time out and error 404 messages as others have indicated.
    Delete and reinstall didn't solve for problem.
    However, the new dptv apps and uLive work fine. It's definitely the new UBTV app, for some reason, not able to connect to the server.

My brother's box works fine, he is a few houses away from me, we have same provider. I took my box to his place, and still have the error. So cable company blocking the traffic is ruled out.

• Sorry to hear that. It could be the update package when you downloaded, delete the update and updated it again.
  • I'm pulling my hair out here. The newUBTV app does the "please wait" message and eventually times out at my mom's place. It works fine at our place. We have different internet providers---she has TWC. I swapped out our units as a test and the same issue appears while on her network. I already tried rebooting her modem and resetting it from the TWC website. I wonder if TWC might be blocking certain IPs.
    How about your mom's unit does it work ok in your place? Thanks.

• bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    UBrec, UVOD and new UBTV seem to be working here at the moment.

Only issue is when we go into 'Popular' apps, the 10 app icons are all incorrectly labelled.

eg. to actually use UBTV, we have to choose the app icon for UBrec which has 'new UBTV' written beneath it.

edited June 2016
    I called my mom this morning and UBTV still does not work.

Just, "please wait." I did the uninstall reinstall of the app yesterday too, with no success.

I also tried manually changing the DNS servers to Google DNS servers with no success.

My mom is on a different ISP and connect via ethernet directly to the router.

I connect via wireless. (I may try changing her connection to wireless as a test.)

I did browse her combination modem/router settings to see if something was amiss, but has worked fine in the past, so the blame seems to be the update itself.

I don't rule out the ISP blocking since it works at my place.

I love the Unblock box, but all these "updates and upgrades" are ill advised. Parents just want the simplest way to access their programs. I appreciate the h.265 encoding, but that's about it. The new update even kills the dedicated 'ubtv' button on the remote.
    Post edited by ForDaParents on
    UPDATE: 6/5 8:43AM EST. My mother just called and said it is working correctly now. Go figure.
    UPDATE: 6/5 8:43AM EST. My mother just called and said it is working correctly now. Go figure.
    Happy to hear that.
    Mine just sits at "please wait" in the last 20 mins. it doesn't get error 404.
    Also noticed the 應用助手 not working too. Uninstall/reinstall didn't help
  • UBrec, UVOD and new UBTV seem to be working here at the moment.

Only issue is when we go into 'Popular' apps, the 10 app icons are all incorrectly labelled.

eg. to actually use UBTV, we have to choose the app icon for UBrec which has 'new UBTV' written beneath it.

It's always on and off. When you want to watch something it stops working. It's frustrating.

I'm back to TVpad 4 and Moonbox. Can't be bother spending time on this UBOX crap. In fact I use my Minix Neo with KODI instead more than this UBOX rubbish service
  • UPDATE: 6/5 8:43AM EST. My mother just called and said it is working correctly now. Go figure.
    There is nothing to figure out. It is purely your Internet or their server traffic.
    There is nothing to figure out. It is purely your Internet or their server traffic.
    It's an expression! I didn't ask you to figure you it out. This particular issue was flabbergasting when a box works in one location and not another. All these update and improvements just cause extra headaches for everyone involved.

For older folks that already invested time in learning which buttons and where to press – having the company changing and moving things around is not ideal.

I'm happy everything seems to be back up as of right now.
  • Another update on UBTV app. I guess it is a stability fix.
  • hum, this new UBTV update has audio and video out-of-sync in a few channels that I looked at, anyone else seeing this ?
    Are TVBs down on both UBTV and HDTV?
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    As I am watching ubox now, Sunday june12, TVB live, 7day replay and many app with TVB VOD are working in USA west using wifi. It have more than 1 app to watch all these, not all the app work, if one app seems not working, I reinstalled it and most will work again. It is not user friendly but at least there are some thing work, with few more months I might get my money worth. I think 50cents a day is a reasonable prize to pay to watch the TVB.and thats how much I paid for that box. eBay now selling the 小七合子for us$70, wonder how good that is?, as the price is very reasonable
    Thanks.
    TVBs not working on UBTV and HDTV, but works on backup app today.
    Nothing worked yesterday.
  • Tvb and all hk tv live channels not working for the past 3 days after the updates on both ubtv and hdtv. I am in perth, australia. Anyone have solution please kindly share.
  • edited June 2016
    TVB and HK live TV working fine here in Toronto, Canada with the recently upgraded UBTV and HDTV. I have a Upad tablet.