Ubox Daily Status Thread

Comments

• 535four535four Member
    edited September 2016
    I'd check today, no issue, but I have had upgraded the s900 firmware.
    All the vod (uvod, urec, hdtv) only runs for 10 mins or so and then will slow to 0kb and stop. How to upgrade the firmware?
    Credit goes to Killer23d, just follow his step by steps...

http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/876/factory-restore-image-upgrade-s800-gen-2-to-s900-gen-2-5-not-s900-pro/p1

Before you doing that have you ever cleared the cache and misc. under the storage in settings?

Install a app call "super cleaner" and set it up auto clean up in every 30 minutes or your choice.
  • markthadymarkthady Junior Member
    All the vod (uvod, urec, hdtv) only runs for 10 mins or so and then will slow to 0kb and stop. How to upgrade the firmware?

http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/876/factory-restore-image-upgrade-s800-gen-2-to-s900-gen-2-5-not-s900-pro/p1

Before you doing that have you ever cleared the cache and misc. under the storage in settings?

Install a app call "super cleaner" and set it up auto clean up in every 30 minutes or your choice.
    Must the phoenixcard be written to micro sdcard? Can i burnt to usb storage? it seems my ubox cannot detect any micro sdcard at all?
  • I'd check today, no issue, but I have had upgraded the s900 firmware.

Must the phoenixcard be written to micro sdcard? Can i burnt to usb storage? it seems my ubox cannot detect any micro sdcard at all?
    USB won't work. Have burn the image using Phoenixcard and completed the progress?

USB won't work. Have burn the image using Phoenixcard and completed the progress?
    can phoenixcard run on windows 10? Mine cannot seem to run phoenixcard? Double click and nothing happens??

can phoenixcard run on windows 10? Mine cannot seem to run phoenixcard? Double click and nothing happens??
    The phoenixcard downloaded from this thread did not run or work. I downloaded another version from http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-latest-version-phoenixcard-v3-1-0.html worked.

But sadly - why is my ubox cannot detect any micro sdcard at all? I turn off and turn off and ubox still cannot detect the sdcard.. went to the file manager and nothing shows

• I'd check today, no issue, but I have had upgraded the s900 firmware.

The phoenixcard downloaded from this thread did not run or work. I downloaded another version from http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-latest-version-phoenixcard-v3-1-0.html worked.

But sadly - why is my ubox cannot detect any micro sdcard at all? I turn off and turn off and ubox still cannot detect the sdcard.. went to the file manager and nothing shows

Are you sure you're successfully 100 percent burned to SD card? the blue process bar all the way and say done ? Try to redo it again.
  • My uvod not working properly for the past few days. It only played the first 5 mins everytime then freeze and loading at 0 kb, but my internet is working fine on other devices. Anyone have any idea or have same issues? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Tried uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Still same issues. So frustrating.
    Go for VST-ICBN Apk.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited September 2016

A Phoenixcard, it is a utility to burn the IMG to a Micro SD card. Windows 10 works fine, The SD card will be needed to re-write the firmware to the box. Ran the Phoenixcard tool, selected the drive letter, chose the IMG file, clicked on the "Product" radio button and "BURN". The SD card was burned within 5 minutes.)

After you have the S009 .img written to SD card,
    1) Unplug the power cable
    2) Insert Micro SD card
    3) Plug the power cable
    4) Watch the progress bar on the TV until "Card OK" shown on top left and box shuts down.
    5) When finished, removed the SD card
    6) Unplug the power cable
    7) Re-plug the power cable and wait for its reboot.
    If you don't see any progress that mean you didn't written on SD card correctly, do it again.

** If you're not a advance user, don't do it, you may bricked you device.

Are you sure you're successfully 100 percent burned to SD card? the blue process bar all the way and say done ? Try to redo it again.
    can we use the Upgrade option on the ubox to upgrade the firmware? isn't that the normal way to upgrade firmware bu ubox?
  • No, there's no upgrade for s800 period, they want you buy the new product. If you're not sure how to modify the firmware just leave it alone unless your box have issues.
    No, there's no upgrade for s800 period, they want you buy the new product. If you're not sure how to modify the firmware just leave it alone unless your box have issues.
    At the moment, there is a BIG issue as All the vod (uvod, urec, hdtv) only runs for 10 mins or so and then will slow to 0kb and stop. How many people are having this problem? It affects all VOD..
  • 535four535four Member
    edited September 2016
    Have you ever cleared up the cache? I'd Asked you twice you never answer the question, if you haven't, it will happened.

I'll check with my sister's box tomorrow to confirm what happen since my box was updated.
    Have you ever cleared up the cache? I'd Asked you twice you never answer the question, if you haven't, it will happened.

I'll check with my sister's box tomorrow to confirm what happen since my box was updated.
    i have cleared all cache and everything with about 2gb in internal memory and it still happened without fail everytime...play for 10 mins and buffering at 0kb. It happened with the uvod, urec and hdtv but not with the replay with ubtv
  • 535four535four Member
    edited September 2016

i have cleared all cache and everything with about 2gb in internal memory and it still happened without fail everytime...play for 10 mins and buffering at 0kb. It happened with the uvod, urec and hdtv but not with the replay with ubtv
    Just checked my sister's S800 box, all program works smoothly excepted HDTV as we know some channels are not working, on working channels, it has some buffering issue but it only last for a second and back to normal. wonder why you want to use this back up app if the UBTV is working.

For your issue, I would suggest you to reset your box by putting a pin to the hole behind the box and install all the apps see if it works.

Just checked my sister's S800 box, all program works smoothly excepted HDTV as we know some channels are not working, on working channels, it has some buffering issue but it only last for a second and back to normal. wonder why you want to use this back up app if the UBTV is working.

For your issue, I would suggest you to reset your box by putting a pin to the hole behind the box and install all the apps see if it works.
    The UBTV replay does not play according to the schedule on the vod page. If you select a vod program slot - it does not show that program at all since the time shown is not what it seems. I would select the first vod program and fast forward all the way from 00.00 to 08.30 if I want to watch the 08.30 show... even that it is not precise. Unlike HDTV the VOD schedule is exact and precise.

The UBTV replay does not play according to the schedule on the vod page. If you select a vod program slot - it does not show that program at all since the time shown is not what it seems. I would select the first vod program and fast forward all the way from 00.00 to 08.30 if I want to watch the 08.30 show... even that it is not precise. Unlike HDTV the VOD schedule is exact and precise.
    Is putting a pin to the hole behind the box the same as factory reset?
  • 535four535four Member
    edited September 2016
    It should be the same but I never try it, I think the pin hole reset will be erased all program, the other is not.

phoexnixcard says burn success... but when i insert the sdcard to the ubox, nothing happens. The sdcard does not seem to have any contents. Why was nothing burned when it says successfully burned?

A Phoenixcard, it is a utility to burn the IMG to a Micro SD card. Windows 10 works fine, The SD card will be needed to re-write the firmware to the box. Ran the Phoenixcard tool, selected the drive letter, chose the IMG file, clicked on the "Product" radio button and "BURN". The SD card was burned within 5 minutes.)

After you have the S009 .img written to SD card,
    1) Unplug the power cable
    2) Insert Micro SD card
    3) Plug the power cable
    4) Watch the progress bar on the TV until "Card OK" shown on top left and box shuts down.
    5) When finished, removed the SD card
    6) Unplug the power cable
    7) Re-plug the power cable and wait for its reboot.
    If you don't see any progress that mean you didn't written on SD card correctly, do it again.

** If you're not a advance user, don't do it, you may bricked you device.
    At last i managed to upgrade the ubox firmware - BUT the problems of vod playback on uvod, urec and hdtv continues even with new firmware. This is getting weird - the apps would play for 10-15 mins and then will buffer at 0kb without fail!! It always happens.. The next day - it will play again and then after 10-15 mins, will stop at 0kb AGAIN.

When one of the app (uvod, urec, hdtv) stops at 0kb - the others will suffer the same fate!!
    WHY? Is it to do with UBOX backend?

My uvod not working properly for the past few days. It only played the first 5 mins everytime then freeze and loading at 0 kb, but my internet is working fine on other devices. Anyone have any idea or have same issues? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Tried uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Still same issues. So frustrating.
    I have the same issue for the past several weeks now. I always do clean up speed and cache via setting every time I load the box. UBox is junk and have zero customer support. It seems like it is only good for live channel viewing.
    silverstar12 and Apooh - do you still have the same problems of uvod playing and then freeze at 0kb now? How did you solve the problems?