Ubox Daily Status Thread

Comments

• markthadymarkthady Junior Member
    My uvod not working properly for the past few days. It only played the first 5 mins everytime then freeze and loading at 0 kb, but my internet is working fine on other devices. Anyone have any idea or have same issues? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Tried uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Still same issues. So frustrating.
    Apooh- how do you solve the problems of uvod stalling and freezing at 0kb after playing some time?
  • I'd check today, no issue, but I have had upgraded the s900 firmware.
    All the vod (uvod, urec, hdtv) only runs for 10 mins or so and then will slow to 0kb and stop. How to upgrade the firmware?
    Credit goes to Killer23d, just follow his step by steps...

http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/876/factory-restore-image-upgrade-s800-gen-2-to-s900-gen-2-5-not-s900-pro/p1

Before you doing that have you ever cleared the cache and misc. under the storage in settings?

Install a app call "super cleaner" and set it up auto clean up in every 30 minutes or your choice.
    Must the phoenixcard be written to micro sdcard? Can i burnt to usb storage? it seems my ubox cannot detect any micro sdcard at all?
    A Phoenixcard, it is a utility to burn the IMG to a Micro SD card. Windows 10 works fine, The SD card will be needed to re-write the firmware to the box. Ran the Phoenixcard tool, selected the drive letter, chose the IMG file, clicked on the "Product" radio button and "BURN". The SD card was burned within 5 minutes.)

After you have the S009 .img written to SD card,
    1) Unplug the power cable
    2) Insert Micro SD card
    3) Plug the power cable
    4) Watch the progress bar on the TV until "Card OK" shown on top left and box shuts down.
    5) When finished, removed the SD card
    6) Unplug the power cable
    7) Re-plug the power cable and wait for its reboot.
    If you don't see any progress that mean you didn't written on SD card correctly, do it again.

** If you're not a advance user, don't do it, you may bricked you device.
    At last i managed to upgrade the ubox firmware - BUT the problems of vod playback on uvod, urec and hdtv continues even with new firmware. This is getting weird - the apps would play for 10-15 mins and then will buffer at 0kb without fail!! It always happens.. The next day - it will play again and then after 10-15 mins, will stop at 0kb AGAIN.

When one of the app (uvod, urec, hdtv) stops at 0kb - the others will suffer the same fate!!
    WHY? Is it to do with UBOX backend?

I've been watching UVOD HK drama whole night last night nothing happened like your say, it's smooth and flawlessly, don't know why but last have you clean the " misc " in the storage section? if so, sorry, can't think of to help.
  • Small Seven is down also.
    I'd check today, no issue, but I have had upgraded the s900 firmware.
    All the vod (uvod, urec, hdtv) only runs for 10 mins or so and then will slow to 0kb and stop. How to upgrade the firmware?

http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/876/factory-restore-image-upgrade-s800-gen-2-to-s900-gen-2-5-not-s900-pro/p1

Before you doing that have you ever cleared the cache and misc. under the storage in settings?

Install a app call "super cleaner" and set it up auto clean up in every 30 minutes or your choice.
    Must the phoenixcard be written to micro sdcard? Can i burnt to usb storage? it seems my ubox cannot detect any micro sdcard at all?
    A Phoenixcard, it is a utility to burn the IMG to a Micro SD card. Windows 10 works fine, The SD card will be needed to re-write the firmware to the box. Ran the Phoenixcard tool, selected the drive letter, chose the IMG file, clicked on the "Product" radio button and "BURN". The SD card was burned within 5 minutes.)

2) Insert Micro SD card
    3) Plug the power cable
    4) Watch the progress bar on the TV until "Card OK" shown on top left and box shuts down.
    If you don't see any progress that mean you didn't written on SD card correctly, do it again.

At last i managed to upgrade the ubox firmware - BUT the problems of vod playback on uvod, urec and hdtv continues even with new firmware. This is getting weird - the apps would play for 10-15 mins and then will buffer at 0kb without fail!! It always happens.. The next day - it will play again and then after 10-15 mins, will stop at 0kb AGAIN.

When one of the app (uvod, urec, hdtv) stops at 0kb - the others will suffer the same fate!!

I've been watching UVOD HK drama whole night last night nothing happened like your say, it's smooth and flawlessly, don't know why but last have you clean the " misc " in the storage section? if so, sorry, can't think of to help.
    When i performed the firmware upgrade - i had so much of storage in ubox as most of apps and stuff were wiped clean. Even with much storage - those vod apps still stop at 0 kb after 10mins...
  • strpywstrpyw Junior Member
    i have a new S900 bought in Hong Kong before the Olympic game and it behaves just like the description above.
  • My uvod not working properly for the past few days. It only played the first 5 mins everytime then freeze and loading at 0 kb, but my internet is working fine on other devices. Anyone have any idea or have same issues? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Tried uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Still same issues. So frustrating.
    I have the same issue for the past several weeks now. I always do clean up speed and cache via setting every time I load the box. UBox is junk and have zero customer support. It seems like it is only good for live channel viewing.
    silverstar12 and Apooh - do you still have the same problems of uvod playing and then freeze at 0kb now? How did you solve the problems?
    I still have the same issue with UVod. There is a new apps call POP video and looks the same as UVod. I down load it and it seems to work better than UVod and didnt stop after 10 min.
  • I'd check today, no issue, but I have had upgraded the s900 firmware.

2) Insert Micro SD card
    3) Plug the power cable

When i performed the firmware upgrade - i had so much of storage in ubox as most of apps and stuff were wiped clean. Even with much storage - those vod apps still stop at 0 kb after 10mins...
    Are you still having the 0 kb.s after 10 min issue?
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    UVOD stopped working last week, so I removed and reinstalled it today on ubox S800 gen.2.

I randomly selected a recently broadcast episode. It froze with 0KB/s between 15 and 18 minutes.

fwiw, I did use ES explorer to find and delete all the aw*.log files the other week.
    I'd check today, no issue, but I have had upgraded the s900 firmware.

2) Insert Micro SD card
    3) Plug the power cable

Are you still having the 0 kb.s after 10 min issue?
    Yeah-- it's the same..uvod will play for 10 mins and freeze at 0kb. I think it has to do with ubox backend. After waiting for another 6-10 hours, you play uvod - it will play again and then freezes at 0 kb without fail..!!!
  • Hmm...strange, mine's working fine.
  • Hmm...strange, mine's working fine.
    Are you in USA?
  • same issue.. stopped after 10+ mins... I am in Canada.
    Now the UVod and Ured are both removed from the AppMarket!! :'(
    Anybody still has them working? from what country?!
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    The launcher menu showing the 10 app tiles has changed. UVOD and UBrec are gone.

UBVOD (POPVOD) or whatever it is called, looks like it is replacement for UVOD. It does have currently aired TVB drama in both mandarin and cantonese. The app is a bit slow at the moment to start up.

Instead of UBrec, I think UB want us to use the Replay function in UBTV app. It seems to be working, but there doesn't seem to be any fast forward or rewind controls.

• The launcher menu showing the 10 app tiles has changed. UVOD and UBrec are gone.

UBVOD (POPVOD) or whatever it is called, looks like it is replacement for UVOD. It does have currently aired TVB drama in both mandarin and cantonese. The app is a bit slow at the moment to start up.

Instead of UBrec, I think UB want us to use the Replay function in UBTV app. It seems to be working, but there doesn't seem to be any fast forward or rewind controls.

It still in INSTALLER
  • Hi guys. I just bought a unblock tech box last week. Where can I install uvod app (the red colour rim). My brother who bought the same box few months ago have it but he forget how he get to install there and I can't find it in the market apps. Thanks.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited October 2016
    Don't bother, this app will not work soon, they switching to POPVOD. One thing I don't like this app is they mixing HK and Taiwan dramas together, and it missing 爱回家。
  • Not only that series. Also missing Law & Disorder. My mum not happy. ????
  • 535four535four Member
    edited October 2016
    Yea..don't know why but for your requested UVOD.

Here's the newest version 0905

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsRilR6-AIVXiXGeCVcSHCxTQhFp
    Post edited by 535four on
  • Thanks 535four.

So this is the UVOD app? Will try to install it tonight/tomorrow.

As I'm new to using Ubox, can you tell me how i can transfer this file into the Ubox?

Really much appreciate. Cheers
  • load it to USB drive, plug it to Ubox and open with the file manager, select usb then select apk file to install.