Ubox Daily Status Thread

Comments

• Open the UB Market icon and install whatever apps you want in there.
    Thanks found the UB Market, I kept looking in the app market icon.
  • Just got myself a new S800Plus, I already has a S800.

The S800Plus was on 3.2.1 but have now updated to 4.0.8 overseas. I have installed a lot of the apps via the Popular icon and App Market. Now I don't see the UB Market app under 'All Apps' icon. I also don't have the newer apps such as UVOD or ULive, I don't see anywhere I can install this but more importantly is UB Market app missing, any ideas?
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited May 2016
    ULive has been dead for past few weeks I think.

Have you used the APKhelper (app icon looks like a folder with blue arrow in front of it) which you can find in 'All Apps' tile, to reinstall all the missing apps such as UVOD, UBrec, and perhaps UBMarket ?

I was still using 4.0.6 winlauncher and I noticed when I chose the 'App Market' tile and the APKhelper app this morning, it offered newer versions to install. APKhelper was v2.6.0.

I then updated to winlauncher 4.0.8. The only obvious difference is it enforces use of english app names in the 'Popular' apps tile. Some icons are incorrectly labelled. eg. UBrec is labelled as 'Maintenance'.

Also UVOD is not in the 'Popular' apps tile any more, so I've had to manually add it to 'My Favourite' apps menu.

No other apps were updated as far as I can tell.

4.0.8 winlauncher feels like a retrograde step compared to 4.0.6.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • ULive has been dead for past few weeks I think.

Have you used the APKhelper (app icon looks like a folder with blue arrow in front of it) which you can find in 'All Apps' tile, to reinstall all the missing apps such as UVOD, UBrec, and perhaps UBMarket ?

I was still using 4.0.6 winlauncher and I noticed when I chose the 'App Market' tile and the APKhelper app this morning, it offered newer versions to install. APKhelper was v2.6.0.

I then updated to winlauncher 4.0.8. The only obvious difference is it enforces use of english app names in the 'Popular' apps tile. Some icons are incorrectly labelled. eg. UBrec is labelled as 'Maintenance'.

Also UVOD is not in the 'Popular' apps tile any more, so I've had to manually add it to 'My Favourite' apps menu.

Thanks for the help. I have now used APK Helper, it updated itself to iirc 2.6.2. I managed to install UVOD and Chinese version of UBTV. But still no ULive but as you said that app hasn't been working for many weeks now.

Still no sign of any UB Market.
  • ULive has been dead for past few weeks I think.

Is your ubrec and uvod working after update to 4.0.8, mine is not.
    Server problem again or they are doing maintenance?
  • Is your ubrec and uvod working after update to 4.0.8, mine is not.
    Server problem again or they are doing maintenance?
    4.0.8 here, UB Rec doesn't appear to work download speed mainly at zero. However UVOD appears to work on mine, last night TVB episodes played ok.
    edited May 2016
    UBrec and UVOD were both working absolutely fine earlier today after 4.0.8 update.

I checked my ubox about 15 minutes ago and UBrec streams seem to be stuck at 0 KB/sec as reported by others. It is a server problem, again. UBTV working fine.

I just rechecked UBrec and it is now working fine. I thought UVOD was broken, but if I just wait patiently for the abnormal blank black screen to eventually change, UVOD loads seems to be streaming just fine. There is a minor issue with the UVOD server but not enough to stop it from working at the moment.

All recent winlauncher updates (3.3.4 to 4.0.8) only appear to update the launcher menu app. They don't seem to have any effect on the installed apps such as UBTV, UVOD and UBrec which seem to have remained unchanged. (eg. the J5 replay channel in UBrec app is still incorrectly labelled as HD Jade)
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • Every day there's problem with UBOX, so many comments. Ive given up this box....gonna see if I buy Evpad instead.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @neonlight Don't you have a moonbox already? Isn't tvpad the same thing as moonbox ?
  • @neonlight Don't you have a moonbox already? Isn't tvpad the same thing as moonbox ?
    My Moonbox M3 is dead. No longer shows main menu and cannot reset the no reset button and seller has disappeared.
  • @neonlight Don't you have a moonbox already? Isn't tvpad the same thing as moonbox ?
    My Moonbox M3 is dead. No longer shows main menu and cannot reset the no reset button and seller has disappeared.
    try the following method:
    Thanked by 1padman
  • golddragongolddragon Junior Member
    Urec was not working in last 2 days, does anyone has this problem or just my Ubox?
  • Urec was not working in last 2 days, does anyone has this problem or just my Ubox?
    Not working here either
    UVOD also does not seem to be working for past 2+ days.

Seeing spinning circle this morning.
  • wnysns112wnysns112 Junior Member
    Try reinstall UVOD and UREC and see if it works. My Ubox is working fine. I am in SF.
    Thanked by 1bamby8
  • wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    Has anyone noticed the 3D apps is no longer available?
    edited May 2016
    Try reinstall UVOD and UREC and see if it works. My Ubox is working fine. I am in SF.
    UVOD and UBrec were still not working so I deleted UVOD and UBrec in Android Settings, and then reinstalled them via 应用助手 APKhelper 2.6.2 and they are now both working.

Post edited by bamby8 on
    Thanks but unfortunately when I place a screwdriver in there, its bottomless, and no buttons I can trigger
    Thanks but unfortunately when I place a screwdriver in there, its bottomless, and no buttons I can trigger
    you'll need to open up the box, as the reset button is built-into the box's mainboard.
    you'll need to open up the box, as the reset button is built-into the box's mainboard.
    Hmm I see. How easy is it to open the box? And would reset make it back to defaults?