Ubox Daily Status Thread

Comments

• you need to update to 3.3.4 to make it work. Just check the UBlive it's working, channels pop up in just second.
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    I meant ULive not UBLive. This morning the ULive and UREC apps disappear from the APPS Market menu. ULive has not been working since yesterday.
  • you need to update to 3.3.4 to make it work. Just check the UBlive it's working, channels pop up in just second.
    Thanks, updated from 3.2.1 to 3.3.4 and UBTV is working.
  • I meant ULive not UBLive. This morning the ULive and UREC apps disappear from the APPS Market menu. ULive has not been working since yesterday.
    uLine was no longer working, but you have other two options, ublive and hdptv.
  • BishopPrinceBishopPrince Junior Member
    As of 4/6/16, UBTV and ULive is working fine. UBREC and UVOD still have problem. The menu showed up but is gettiing 0 kb/s donwload. Did anyone have UBREC working?
    you need to update to 3.3.4 to make it work. Just check the UBlive it's working, channels pop up in just second.

My problem is that after updating to 3.3.4 the UB launcher reverts to 3.0 after two shutdowns and requesting re-installation on next boot. Annoying but not fatal as UBlive and hdptv still works on newest firmware.

However in the UK, UBRec is being blocked by my ISP. I can stream on demand some program between 3am and 8am!

Has anyone found a solution or a reason to why the launcher update is being uninstalled?
    I suspect in the UK a VPN for the HK/China region will restore UBREC functionality; can someone suggest one please?

• In order avoid the pop up update, you have to deleted the 3.0 launcher or earlier version in system file manager's Local Memory > download > um > apk, delete all apk but leave the 3.3.4
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited April 2016

Has anyone found a solution or a reason to why the launcher update is being uninstalled?

This has been discussed elsewhwere. One reason is this is caused by recent 20150325 OTA firmware update which downloaded new winlauncher 3.3.4 to the box, but failed to remove previous version. You may find there are two winlaunchers present instead of one. Not all uboxes are affected. I know of two ubox that has same problem and three others which upgraded just fine.

I have the same problem whereby it keeps reverting back to the factory installed 3.1.0 winlauncher.

The older original version cannot removed/deleted. Resetting the ubox does not fix the issue. (Google Play is deleted if you reset the ubox btw) It is possible to reload the firmware at your own risk using microSD card.

UB's advice on their facebook page, seems to be to advise customers to press 'Return' button to close the 3.3.4 notification message.

We use Simple TV Launcher by Alexandre Del Bigio, to overcome the nuisance 3.3.4 popup message, and makes it much easier to navigate to our other popular apps too.

Install at your own risk:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cosinus.launchertv&hl=en_GB

If you install it, I found I needed to use a USB mouse to respond to the prompt when ubox boots up and asks you which launcher you wish to use. Once I instructed ubox to use Simple TV launcher as the default launcher, the mouse is no longer required. The HOME button on remote is hard coded to start winlauncher but you can set up a numbered key on remote in winlauncher to return to Simple TV Launcher.

• BishopPrinceBishopPrince Junior Member
    In order avoid the pop up update, you have to deleted the 3.0 launcher or earlier version in system file manager's Local Memory > download > um > apk, delete all apk but leave the 3.3.4
    Thanks for your reply.

Using ES Explorer I can locate both launchers in the System App folder but without root the older version can not be deleted.

Deleting the apk in the download/.um/app/ folder (which is hidden) does nothing.

Since there seems to be minimal additional functionality with the 3.3.4 so I suppose we will have to simply ignore/tolerate it.
  • Doesn't look too good today. All the Hong Kong channel is down. Showing the message "No signal".

Prepare for the worst guys.
    edited April 2016
    Have UB removed all user comments from their facebook page?
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @bamby8 comments regards to what ? I still see comments on their page
    edited April 2016
    Can you still see both user comments and posts by UB ?

I only see first posts by UB here.
  • Can you still see both user comments and posts by UB ?

I only see first posts by UB here.
    Yes, indeed. You probably logged out face book.
    oops, you are right.

previously, it was possible to see all comments without logging into facebook.

• Ulive is dead. Uninstall and unable to install back.
    It has been auto download to a new app HDPlive, lots channels but no tvb.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    UBTV is working for me

The S1-S4 screen is gone though.
  • wait..., just checked, mine still there, but the S2 changed app, now is HDP not uLive
    It has been auto download to a new app HDPlive, lots channels but no tvb.
    Thanks
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    UBREC and UVOD still not work. ULive is gone. UBTV, HDP TV are working fine today.