Ubox Daily Status Thread

Comments

• For me ULive doesn't load in, always on the purple screen with a loading sign in the middle and the app call Drama that has the TVB logo, the contents inside doesn't load?
  • That TVB app works if you're live in Hong Kong according on their face book.
  • For me ULive doesn't load in, always on the purple screen with a loading sign in the middle and the app call Drama that has the TVB logo, the contents inside doesn't load?
    Yes correct when it was first released it worked but not anymore.

Other than UBTV nothing really good about UBOX
  • Other than UBTV nothing really good about UBOX
    I can't argue this but to totally agree. There used to be a very good record app that could replay the whole week recording back to back. The current UB Record is annoying with constant skipping by 30secs of the picture during playback. I am watching a recorded drama and suddenly it skipped 30s forward to a next scene and I'm then missing bits of the story.

Even UBTV has its problem too. The picture stutters during live and even picture freezes making it practically unwatchable.

Only useful thing is because it is running on Android that I can download outside 3rd party app like RSS video player and other movie app.

I have resorted to using RSS video player to watch TVB dramas because the UB apps are so unreliable. I have also resorted to streaming TVB dramas on my iPhone/iPad then mirror it using Happycast to watch on the TV.
  • GTO656GTO656 Junior Member
    Any1 know if TVB channels will come back on HDPtv app?
  • BishopPrinceBishopPrince Junior Member
    Other than UBTV nothing really good about UBOX
    I can't argue this but to totally agree. There used to be a very good record app that could replay the whole week recording back to back. The current UB Record is annoying with constant skipping by 30secs of the picture during playback. I am watching a recorded drama and suddenly it skipped 30s forward to a next scene and I'm then missing bits of the story.

Even UBTV has its problem too. The picture stutters during live and even picture freezes making it practically unwatchable.

Only useful thing is because it is running on Android that I can download outside 3rd party app like RSS video player and other movie app.

I have resorted to using RSS video player to watch TVB dramas because the UB apps are so unreliable. I have also resorted to streaming TVB dramas on my iPhone/iPad then mirror it using Happycast to watch on the TV.

Can you explain how you get the RSS feeds?
    I have used the Vchannel app but found it to be full of ads and difficult to navigate.
    Also I am more interested in the variety/food programs; do you have a good source for that?
    Thank you very much for your help
  • Can you explain how you get the RSS feeds?
    I have used the Vchannel app but found it to be full of ads and difficult to navigate.
    Also I am more interested in the variety/food programs; do you have a good source for that?
    Thank you very much for your help
    You can download the RSS Video Player by PL Media Solutions (as there appear to be 2 different ones) from the Google Play Store into your Ubox. This works almost identical to VChannel.

The feed is http://irss.se/dramas

You will need the mouse cursor to access through the pages in the RSS video player.
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    UBTV, UREC, VOD, all currently down. Just wondering how Unblock can stay in business. It is so unstable.
  • I bought a Ubox from a source in Toronto a few months ago and it has been working although I have been through the numerous updates and upgrades in the past month.

Last week I returned from Hong Kong with another Ubox I bought from the digital city in Wan Chai. I used the apps install (generation 2) button to install a bunch of apps, of course including the UBTV apps. When I run the UBTV apps, it opened a web browser instead of the live channels. Has anyone experienced this? Do you think this can be fixed with a firmware image restore?
  • Another server upgrade has been issued.
    They indicate the server upgrade should be complete by Friday.
    I bought a Ubox from a source in Toronto a few months ago and it has been working although I have been through the numerous updates and upgrades in the past month.

Last week I returned from Hong Kong with another Ubox I bought from the digital city in Wan Chai. I used the apps install (generation 2) button to install a bunch of apps, of course including the UBTV apps. When I run the UBTV apps, it opened a web browser instead of the live channels. Has anyone experienced this? Do you think this can be fixed with a firmware image restore?
    You can try the following: open UB market apps from your application icon, and see if you have access to UB Market, and also the UBTV apps icon is in UB market. If yes, uninstall your old UBTV apps from setting. Then go to UB Market and install the UBTV apps there (make sure you pick the chinese and english version). Sometime when Unblock server is down, the UB Market apps is down as well. Today Unblock is saying they will be doing server maintenance/upgrade this week from 12:00 - 12:00 China time until Friday so you may want to wait after they finish their server upgrade. Hope this help.
  • Thank you Silverstar. I shall try.
  • Are there any difference between a regular Ubox II and its Overseas version?
    Are there any difference between a regular Ubox II and its Overseas version?
    I brought the Unblock generation II box in HK and the firmware is the oversea version. I dont know any difference between a regular Unblock II vs the oversea version.
  • It's all the same whatever version is, the only different is the UK plug or US plug and you may not able to view HK live but you'll get it after have the box upgraded.
  • UBTV app is down again. Proves UB box to be unreliable.

I have no faith in UB anymore.
  • UBTV app is down again. Proves UB box to be unreliable.

I think it is frustration more than anything. It is very anonnying.
    UBTV app is down again. Proves UB box to be unreliable.

I think it is frustration more than anything. It is very anonnying.
    They said server upgrade and it will be the last time for a while. Hope for the best. UBREC still not working except may be some time during the afternoon. Is everyone out there get UBREC working?
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    Apart from two days last week, UBrec generally hasn't worked for the past month when I've randomly tried it. Stuck at 0 KB/sec for any selected programme.

• I just recently bought unblock tech gen 2 enhance s800 overseas version my box does not show S1-S4 selection & how do u check the firmware
    version I acess all the channel thru ubtv on match days epl viewing problematic hard to find a stable channel
    from this forum I see u guys talking about S1-S4 how do I go about installing it.
    any help would be greatly appreciated I'm a newbie