How to permanently activate the green man on TVPad1

1234568»

Comments

• remyremy Junior Member
    edited February 2016
    cockpit error. sorry
  • Is there anyway to fix TVPAD2 and TVPAD3?
  • Unfortunately, my tvpad doesnt work anymore even with the green man patch :(
  • Does this trick still work or are the tvpads totally dead now?
    I got the green man working using the super easy way so what do I do to get the apps working?..do I need to change the DSN number or is that dead too?
  • edited September 2017
    I know this is probably very late but does anyone have a copy of the zip file for "The Dead Easy Way" or any of the other files for the other 2 sections? My mother-in-law stopped using her TvPad1 (M120) for a couple years and I recently turned it on to find out it doesn't work (no green man, "User doesn't exist"). There's a likely chance that it no longer works but before sending it to the E-Waste dumpster I want to try one last time to see.

I believe I last upgraded it to 3.26 two or three years ago and it was working fine then.

This is the model on the System Info now: M120_3301_GVOS2, version is 3.26.

I tried this and it just won't install: http://streamingtvasia.com/download/tvpad-revival-2016/

I'm looking for any alternative links in the OP. I don't care about bricking it as it's useless anyways without trying.
  • Thanks, I tried but there's nothing to "install". I presume you just put those files on a USB stick and when you boot, it should do what OP mentioned in the "The Dead Easy Way" section, correct? I tried telneting to it and it refused connection. Oh well, I'm gonna have to try rooting it and see what I can do with it.
  • Thanks, I tried but there's nothing to "install". I presume you just put those files on a USB stick and when you boot, it should do what OP mentioned in the "The Dead Easy Way" section, correct? I tried telneting to it and it refused connection. Oh well, I'm gonna have to try rooting it and see what I can do with it.
    don't waste your time. even if u get it to work, there are no apps to support it. nothing plays on that box anymore
    don't waste your time. even if u get it to work, there are no apps to support it. nothing plays on that box anymore
    Thanks. I guess it's going to E-waste
  • edited September 2017
    @padman please
    Thanks, I tried but there's nothing to "install". I presume you just put those files on a USB stick and when you boot, it should do what OP mentioned in the "The Dead Easy Way" section, correct? I tried telneting to it and it refused connection. Oh well, I'm gonna have to try rooting it and see what I can do with it.
    Thanks. I guess it's going to E-waste
    Keep the AC power adapter and remote control which could be used for TVPAD4.
  • Hello, I know it is now 2020 and all the resource hosted by the TVPad company for this old kit have gone forever.

But I have just found I have an old TVPad M121 lying around on the shelf and doing nothing, which is a shame. Years ago I managed to upgrade its firmware to v3.26 and got TMP player installed. At that time I probably followed some instruction from this site too, can't remember exactly now. At that time with a DNS pointing to 49.x I can still got the greenman online (after the known shutting down of official stream sites I only used the TMP app to play videos off my own network shares).

Now I see the icon man stays grey as the authentication server is also gone. I am eager to apply this greenman fix so as to use the TMP app again. Also I found from this thread that there is another app called Phanto30.pkg which can play videos off the http site. This seems an enhanced version of TMP. From its name I wonder if this is another great piece of work by the original poster?

Anyway, since the original mega links are invalid, where can I get the fix files?

Thanks a lot to Phantoman, and to anyone who can help too.

• This is the zip file for the "Dead Easy Way", follow the instructions on the first post of this thread,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsPN-J-_XHVHn2Az8TxK40uFXXoL?e=XRrduh

Enjoy

• Thanks you, goodan! It worked straight away! So this kit avoided its fortune to be a door stopper now. ;)

Interesting enough, I followed another thread, https://tvpad.ca/discussion/475/how-to-root-tvpad2-3? but did not get the root shell. Whereas with your gvos2-sd1 I have the root immediately.

Having root is so nice! I had a quick look at /etc/init.d/rc.demo script, and am wodering if I can do the force login there, in a hope to get rid of the USB stick dependence. I'll let you know when I have time to test this later on. I am now modifying the winshare.txt for TMP app.

Thanks.

• edited April 2020

Confirmed that I can get rid of the USB stick.

After the first time I use the hack to gain root shell, I just replace /home/program/login with this loginforcev2 binary. Then next time I can unplug the USB stick, reboot TVPad and the user icon will stay green.

This piece of information was already described in Phantoman's original post. If I want to keep the access to the root shell, and without need the USB stick inserting to the pad, I guess I can modify /etc/init.d/rc.demo script to turn on telnetd there.

• edited April 2020

@jxucam, I am glad your TVpad1 is working now, here is the phanto app for live streams with some working sites, unfortunately most online streams are in .m3u8 which the TVpad1 cannot play.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsPN-J-_XHVHn2F4uMMqoKPrEkC9?e=KjrHsT

Instructions at bottom of page 5 in this thread.

Cheers.