How to permanently activate the green man on TVPad1

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    Good stuff ! Wished it was before I had to flash the custom fw and reinstall the apps :p
    Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you the "The Dead Easy Way" method in the main post. No need for a custom firmware anymore =) So those who have problems installing the custom firmware, let us know how it goes.
  • Good stuff ! Wished it was before I had to flash the custom fw and reinstall the apps :p
    That will teach you for not telling me about the alternative installation method on TVPad1 earlier! :p

• terianxterianx Junior Member
    n
    @terianx What version is your tvpad ?
    its 3.26 after the downgrade.

Model m121s. After firmware upgrade. It's 3.27. Downgraded back to 3.26. The files you provided doesn't work.

I'll downloaded some apps for 3.26 and it worked. But can't seem to get the n+ app detected. Any links to a collection of 3.26 apps?
    n
    @terianx What version is your tvpad ?
    its 3.26 after the downgrade.

Model m121s. After firmware upgrade. It's 3.27. Downgraded back to 3.26. The files you provided doesn't work.

I'll downloaded some apps for 3.26 and it worked. But can't seem to get the n+ app detected. Any links to a collection of 3.26 apps?
    I even downloaded n+ store app from apppnn.com. Still doesn't work
  • Orca4wdOrca4wd Member
    edited January 2016
    Are there more advantages of 3.27 FW beside the n+app store? I had difficulty load Padman's latest apps so decided to downgrade back to 3.26 to get the apps to work. What are the pros/cons of 3.27 vs 3.26?
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    Those will work if you vpn outside of US. No need to change DNS.

Those 粵海寬頻,粵海時移 are in pack 1 (for 5.06)But fail to load up may be I am located in US or not for ver 5.054
  • hi
    i try the option named dead easy way. I download and copy the 3 files in USB key. i restart tvpad with usb plug. If i well understand, now, i must to write one username and password in orde to have green man come back but in which option can i??? My tvpad lag very strong and to put one password, its during many many minutes... Thanks for youre reply
    i flashed the firmware to 3.7 and tried to install the apps via usb. but the app launcher didn't find any apps. i used the files supplied by padman. any help?
    I also downgraded back to 3.26 and still the app laucher can't find any apps.
    How about try this
    https://mega.nz/#!oB4kRY7S!QucUaxb4gpOCJcAvG5IuecHFQpPCaKsAQQAvF08thhA
    That's the app launcher, it loads up but can't find any apps. I used the apps supplied by padman.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @yachine No, you don't have to do anything. Just run that fix provided, no need to set any pasword or user.
    hi
    i try the option named dead easy way. I download and copy the 3 files in USB key. i restart tvpad with usb plug. If i well understand, now, i must to write one username and password in orde to have green man come back but in which option can i??? My tvpad lag very strong and to put one password, its during many many minutes... Thanks for youre reply
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @terianx What are the steps you took exactly ?
  • Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you the "The Dead Easy Way" method in the main post. No need for a custom firmware anymore =) So those who have problems installing the custom firmware, let us know how it goes.
    For custom firmware just making sure you have a fat32 formatted USB with only the .TAR file on the root of USB. Making sure the model # of your tvpad1 matches the name of the file.

I tried your dead easy way and didn't work. It detects the USB but does nothing. Can you perhap make a pkg file out of it and call it The Super Dead Easy Way ?

• thanks to your reply padman but for the moment nothing is changed. I put the 3 files in the usb but in the first page of tvpad, the man stay grey. When you say "just run" what is exactly the action (put the usb before to turn on tvpad?
  • Phantoman, welcome back from Clubtvpad. I'm glad that some of the team from that site are now here supporting tvpad users.
  • i flashed the firmware to 3.7 and tried to install the apps via usb. but the app launcher didn't find any apps. i used the files supplied by padman. any help?
    I also downgraded back to 3.26 and still the app laucher can't find any apps.
    How about try this
    https://mega.nz/#!oB4kRY7S!QucUaxb4gpOCJcAvG5IuecHFQpPCaKsAQQAvF08thhA
    That's the app launcher, it loads up but can't find any apps. I used the apps supplied by padman.
    You don't need app launcher for tvpad1. just load the pkg files to the SD card and go to app manager then others.
  • Are there more advantages of 3.27 FW beside the n+app store? I had difficulty load Padman's latest apps so decided to downgrade back to 3.26 to get the apps to work. What are the pros/cons of 3.27 vs 3.26?
    Not sure what you mean exactly. My custom firmware 3.27 only enables the green man icon and enables root access. Obviously it also changes the version to 3.27 which is why I provided an app to downgrade to 3.26. As I mentioned before, some apps check the version number.

hi
    I tried your dead easy way and didn't work. It detects the USB but does nothing. Can you perhap make a pkg file out of it and call it The Super Dead Easy Way ?
    That's because I messed up :/ I copied the wrong file, give me a minute and I will provide a new link.

• OK, new link is up guys! I tested it to make sure it's the correct one this time around. I made a last minute change and forgot to update the zip file.

@edzzz66 , if I made it a pkg you could not run it with the green man being grey. Unless I am missing something obvious.
  • OK, new link is up guys! I tested it to make sure it's the correct one this time around. I made a last minute change and forgot to update the zip file.

@edzzz66 , if I made it a pkg you could not run it with the green man being grey. Unless I am missing something obvious.
    @Phantoman, You Rock. Confirmed working instantly after plugging in USB.
    If you reboot the device without the USB the green man will be down so keep the USB plugged in.
  • Tks Phantoman, green man come back but no one app with live tv can to play, do you know why?
    Should i to modify one thing or reboot my unit???
  • Hi Phantoman, I tried the really dead easy way to turn the green man on and it worked. I can now open the apps and watch it. I left the DNS server on 49.xxx. and got a M121s, f/w 3.26. Thanks for your efforts. Really appreciate it :D
  • @Phantoman, You Rock. Confirmed working instantly after plugging in USB.
    If you reboot the device without the USB the green man will be down so keep the USB plugged in.
    Glad to hear that it is working now =)

You only need to plugin the USB stick after the startup of the TVPad. After that you can unplug it. So it's not like you need the USB stick connected to the TVPad 24/7.

Btw, it just occurred to me that this will most probably also unban any TVPad unit that was previously banned ... oops :)