How to permanently activate the green man on TVPad1

Comments

• If someone can link me to the 3.26 firmware for M121S, perhaps I can flash that back on the original unit and see if authentication works without the fix?
    Won't work. You can only apply a firmware with a higher version. So here you can download the original firmware, but with fake version 3.27. You can use the Downgrade app to lower the version to 3.26 afterwards.
    So what you meant is with the unit that has 3.27 custom, I can't flash back to 3.26 using the original firmware package, but rather use the 3.26 with a fake versioning of 3.27 same version as custom firmware and flash that? Then just use the downgrade app, one on your posted to revert to 3.26.

Is it not possible to use the downgrade app first, to revert to 3.26 (even when its got the green man fix already), then flash back to original 3.26?
  • edited January 2016
    Sorry I'm just a bit confused on this. So you can flash a firmware version which is the same as the version you are on. If you use the downgrade app to 3.26 after 3.27 custom, you still cannot flash original 3.26 without the version faked to 3.27?
  • @neonlight You can only flash using a firmware with a version # which is higher than the one you have currently installed.

So in your specific case you install custom firmware 3.27 for the green man fix. So the steps you have to take are:
    1) Run the Downgrade app to go back to version 3.26.
    2) Run the fake version 3.27 firmware (originally version 3.26).
    3) Again run the Downgrade app to correct the version number.

I hope that clarifies things.
    Thanked by 2mtl628000 neonlight
  • remyremy Junior Member
    @Phantoman
    @Avatar
    Hey Phantoman. First of all thanks for the effort to bring the green man back to live. I have done all the necessary steps to and stuck right here as all the apps can't connect to the server. Some has black screen and some reverted back out to the menu after running it. I believe it is due to the cache problem you have stated because my unit has been sitting there collecting dust after I bought the Moonbox which is working great so far (touch wood). Wondering if you can upload a copy of that cache for me to download and update the unit. Much appreciated.
    Can't do that, because then all of you will have my login to the SopCast server.

First, a shout of THANK-YOU! to Phantoman. You are a wealth of knowledge.

I used the Dead Easy Way to get the GreenMan back.
    Is there a workaround for the cache? Would reinstalling the apps work?

Tvpad1
    M121S
    v3.26

• Other than getting the cache from someone else, I know of no other workaround. Reinstalling the app would not work, the same old cache will be used.
  • @neonlight You can only flash using a firmware with a version # which is higher than the one you have currently installed.

So in your specific case you install custom firmware 3.27 for the green man fix. So the steps you have to take are:
    1) Run the Downgrade app to go back to version 3.26.
    2) Run the fake version 3.27 firmware (originally version 3.26).
    3) Again run the Downgrade app to correct the version number.

I hope that clarifies things.
    Thanks Phantoman. I was able to downgrade and update firmware.

I can confirm I get the green man without the custom firmware green man fix 3.27. This is quite strange as it didn't work until last week.
  • UKTVPADUKTVPAD Junior Member
    In UK, Without doing this update, my M121s V3.26 (normal version)
    Edit the DNS 49.213.10.163 can turn man to green and watch TVB
  • @UKTVPAD Yes, as mentioned on the previous page, the TVPad authentication server is online again.
  • tvnutstvnuts Junior Member
    edited January 2016
    Phantoman ,
    Great work. I am trying to get a M121s working for my mother in law .
    It has 3.26 fw and I am using your == Dead easy way == on page 1.
    The green man turn on but non of the app on the box is working.
    It cannot see any content from the AppStore neither.

I am using VPN . DNS point to 49.....

Any insight will be highly appreciated
  • tvpad121tvpad121 Junior Member
    tvnuts, I believe the green man fix is intended to allow you to open all the apps. It doesn't bring back to life the remote servers where the videos are stored, if they've been shut down. This is similar to if you have a web browser but the site you want to visit is down.

Before the Phantoman's green man fix, you needed to be connected to tvpad's authentication server to even open apps.
    Ah thank you very much for the clarification....
    tvnuts, I believe the green man fix is intended to allow you to open all the apps. It doesn't bring back to life the remote servers where the videos are stored, if they've been shut down. This is similar to if you have a web browser but the site you want to visit is down.

Before the Phantoman's green man fix, you needed to be connected to tvpad's authentication server to even open apps.

• @tvnuts @tvpad121 That is correct, it only turns on the green man, nothing more nothing less.
    Any advise to get the Apps running ?

Thanks
    @tvnuts @tvpad121 That is correct, it only turns on the green man, nothing more nothing less.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Other than getting the cache from someone else, I know of no other workaround. Reinstalling the app would not work, the same old cache will be used.
    Yes I got my friend
    Any advise to get the Apps running ?

Thanks
    @tvnuts @tvpad121 That is correct, it only turns on the green man, nothing more nothing less.
    If you are outside of US area try to use DNS 49......
  • need some help here.

I have the tvpad 1st gen M121S. It was running 3.26 FW and I followed the guide and upgraded to 3.27 and that made the man always green and got root access. I am able to telnet/ssh into the box but getting nowhere. my goal is to install the N++ store and get some live steaming apps working as well as planto. I can NOT downgrade. The usb just won't show any app or files whether it is ext3 or fat, fat32, or ntfs format. any help is appreciated. not sure if it is possible to load apps via telnet/ssh, and I have a feeling that it is FW 3.27 causing the trouble. Thanks.
  • bwbw Junior Member
    edited February 2016
    @ssh123, see if you can put the "To326.pkg" on a microsd card. I've had better luck installing stuff from the microsd than the USB. Also, you might need the "gvos2-sd" thing in your USB drive too.
  • need some help here.

I have the tvpad 1st gen M121S. It was running 3.26 FW and I followed the guide and upgraded to 3.27 and that made the man always green and got root access. I am able to telnet/ssh into the box but getting nowhere. my goal is to install the N++ store and get some live steaming apps working as well as planto. I can NOT downgrade. The usb just won't show any app or files whether it is ext3 or fat, fat32, or ntfs format. any help is appreciated. not sure if it is possible to load apps via telnet/ssh, and I have a feeling that it is FW 3.27 causing the trouble. Thanks.
    Here is an update. With the same usb, I formatted it using ubuntu via disk(application) and kept all setting for usb at defualt, which is fat16 and was able to put to326.pkg onto the usb and ran it in tvpad m121s to downgrade to 3.26. However, after downgraded to 3.26, the stupid man now remains grey and even the green man patch won't work. Please help. Thanks.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @ssh123 There's no point for you to install n+ hoping to install live streaming apps. They are all down.
  • @ssh123 Did you connect an ethernet cable? You still need an active network connection for the greenman to show up.

• yes cat6 cable plug in