How to permanently activate the green man on TVPad1

Comments

• edited January 2016
    I just signed up account to come in and say many thanks to Phantoman, for your time and effort.
    I think you have saved many of us and also the environment.......... imagine many TVpads will just be landfills, whatnot.

Has anyone checked whether the "Hot Movie Bar" (热映影吧) app still works after this green man fix? I'm unable to find the .PKG for it, so I cannot re-install to test. I believe the list is the same as TVpad 4.

On another note, lets hope the live channels continue to work. I know Cantov23 no longer works, TVpad has already cut the VOD feeds for many apps, not surprised

BTW, I'm not sure if zWolfman still is alive but the RemoteApp on Google play has vanished you can't re-install it anymore. Nor it will work anyway
  • edited January 2016
    Thanks to @Phantoman, for your time and effort.
    I am in the US and do not have paid VPN. @PadMan Do you think it is worth for me to try the "dead easy" process? any suggestion?

• @cheuk5 Congratulations on your working TVPAD1. Would you mind telling me if you are using a VPN or not?
  • Would installing dnsmasq on the TVPad work as an alternative to a VPN?
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Thanks to Phantoman, for your time and effort.
    I am in the US and do not have paid VPN. Do you think it is worth for me to try the "dead easy" process? any suggestion?

Hey men what are you waiting for to try out its not cost you a dime ,But you need a good DNS number for running the Apps ,May be you can begging Padman give U one :p :p
  • edited January 2016
    @padman please =)
  • Might be a dumb question here but please help: How do I install new apps on pad1? I put the file on usb drive but can't read file after I plug in tvpad.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @cyber Check the legacy forum. I created a thread for that question
    Thanked by 1cyber
  • Hi there :) Will this work with TVPad2? My little green man is gone :'(
  • Hi there :) Will this work with TVPad2? My little green man is gone :'(
    No idea, I don't have a TVPad2 to test on anymore, but I doubt it will work. Are you already on firmware 3.94 ? That does something similar.
  • I'll have to go home and check. Meanwhile, I'll hunt around and DL 3.94 and just in case.

@Phantoman
    Thanks so much for your work on all this!
    Hi there :) Will this work with TVPad2? My little green man is gone :'(
    No idea, I don't have a TVPad2 to test on anymore, but I doubt it will work. Are you already on firmware 3.94 ? That does something similar.
    Ok Mr.Phantoman any Pad 2 version below 3.94 and Pad 3 version below 4.18 all has green man issue ;)
  • AnnaAnna Junior Member
    Anyone works for paid DNS TVpad 2 in CA, San Francisco? I paid the service before but few days ago no longer working.
    Thanked by 1Georgelihaoma
  • Mine didn't work as well. There are some rumors says that the paid DNS solutions are not working. And I think it really depends on luck.
    Anyone works for paid DNS TVpad 2 in CA, San Francisco? I paid the service before but few days ago no longer working.
  • Hey all I'm not sure if you experienced this. I have 2 TVpads M121S, one logs on fine with green man without Phantoman's 3.27 custom firmware or Dead easy way file installed.....But the other no longer shows green man has to have 3.27 installed....

They both use same 49 DNS, and are on the same network.

I wonder why!??
  • edited January 2016
    @neonlight, no idea. You would need to sniff the network packets and compare them to see why one is being authenticated and not the other one.

EDIT 1: Well, you are right. It looks like the authentication server is up and running again. Just tested one of my unpatched TVPad units. Still does not explain why your other TVPad does not work without the fix though.
    Post edited by Phantoman on
  • @neonlight , you are not located in US, right? My M121S without custom firmware, and with DNS manually set to 49.x does not authenticate (no green man)
    @neonlight , you are not located in US, right? My M121S without custom firmware, and with DNS manually set to 49.x does not authenticate (no green man)
    Yes if you are located in US and use DNS 49.....you will not get authenticate for greenman because they block the 49....to USA region
  • @neonlight, no idea. You would need to sniff the network packets and compare them to see why one is being authenticated and not the other one.

EDIT 1: Well, you are right. It looks like the authentication server is up and running again. Just tested one of my unpatched TVPad units. Still does not explain why your other TVPad does not work without the fix though.
    I flashed your firmware on one of the units, which perhaps before the authentication server went back up. And when I tested the 2nd unit the authentication was already up?

If someone can link me to the 3.26 firmware for M121S, perhaps I can flash that back on the original unit and see if authentication works without the fix?
    @neonlight , you are not located in US, right? My M121S without custom firmware, and with DNS manually set to 49.x does not authenticate (no green man)
    Correct I'm in Australia
  • If someone can link me to the 3.26 firmware for M121S, perhaps I can flash that back on the original unit and see if authentication works without the fix?
    Won't work. You can only apply a firmware with a higher version. So here you can download the original firmware, but with fake version 3.27. You can use the Downgrade app to lower the version to 3.26 afterwards.