How to permanently activate the green man on TVPad1

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @fustrated What does the bottom sticker say ?
  • terianxterianx Junior Member
    i flashed the firmware to 3.7 and tried to install the apps via usb. but the app launcher didn't find any apps. i used the files supplied by padman. any help?
  • fustratedfustrated TV Nuts
    edited January 2016
    @cheuk5
    Yes, it is FAT32
    i flashed the firmware to 3.7 and tried to install the apps via usb. but the app launcher didn't find any apps. i used the files supplied by padman. any help?
    I also downgraded back to 3.26 and still the app laucher can't find any apps.
  • fustratedfustrated TV Nuts
    edited January 2016
    @fustrated What does the bottom sticker say ?
    @padman
    Sticker shows M121S
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    I also downgraded back to 3.26 and still the app laucher can't find any apps.
    How about try this
    https://mega.nz/#!oB4kRY7S!QucUaxb4gpOCJcAvG5IuecHFQpPCaKsAQQAvF08thhA
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @terianx What version is your tvpad ?
  • Hello,

I have successfully installed the custom firmware and have upgraded to 3.27.

In the original post, it's stated that you can use the package included to downgrade back to 3.26.

Is downgrading to 3.26 needed? Or am I supposed to just stay on 3.27?
    Lucky you cheuk5, I have partial live streams and no VOD (Canto23 / 粵海寬頻23 app).
    Hi Mr.Phantoman I am need this 粵海寬頻,粵海時移( old version for Pad 4) not for Canto23 / 粵海寬頻23( I thought this apps only for Pad 1,2,3) but thanks we miss you long times

Hi cheuk5, can you upload 粵海寬頻,粵海時移 you use for VOD for me to download? I have 粵海寬頻2 and 粵海寬頻23 installed but VOD is not working for them.

Thank you.
  • Hi Phantoman and others - Trying to bring my TVP1 back by your instruction to upgrade firmware to 3.27. Somehow, it does not recognized the .tar file when side loading it. The GVOS2-SD2 loader is triggered but the .tar did not show. I tried download your 3.27 file twice without no success. Currently connected by 2nd router using VPN Limited to HK server, set at auto network.
    Here are the specs in my TVP1:
    1) Android Version: 2.3.4 Customized
    2) TVpad Version: 3.26
    3) Model: M121S_3311_GVOS2
    4) Product Version: Internation

I do appreciate your guidance!!
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hello,

I have successfully installed the custom firmware and have upgraded to 3.27.

In the original post, it's stated that you can use the package included to downgrade back to 3.26.

Lucky you cheuk5, I have partial live streams and no VOD (Canto23 / 粵海寬頻23 app).
    Hi Mr.Phantoman I am need this 粵海寬頻,粵海時移( old version for Pad 4) not for Canto23 / 粵海寬頻23( I thought this apps only for Pad 1,2,3) but thanks we miss you long times

Hi cheuk5, can you upload 粵海寬頻,粵海時移 you use for VOD for me to download? I have 粵海寬頻2 and 粵海寬頻23 installed but VOD is not working for them.

Thank you.
    Those 粵海寬頻,粵海時移 are in pack 1 (for 5.06)But fail to load up may be I am located in US or not for ver 5.054
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Orca4wd I don't think you need GVOS2-sd2 to bring up the firmware upgrade. You goto settings and do the upgrade there.
  • KinyoKinyo Junior Member
    edited January 2016
    Disclaimer: If you decide to install or use the custom TVPad1 firmware mentioned below, then you are doing so at your own risk. You agree that no one other than yourself will be liable for any damages or loss of data that may be incurred as a result of installing this firmware.

Now that we got the legal stuff out of the way, this is the custom firmware version 3.27 which enables the green man on TVPad1 even when the TVPad authentication servers are down. You will then be able to run apps again on your TVPad1. This firmware will also give you root access. It can be found here. Root username is root and the password is password (yes I know, very original). You can telnet to port 23 or FTP to port 21 for access. This firmware is only recommended for those people with a TVPad1 (M121 / M121S) where the green man won't turn on anymore, thus making you unable to run any apps. If the little green man is on, then there is no need to install this firmware. Keep in mind that (unlike with TVPad2/3) you will have to re-install your apps again after the firmware upgrade. Of course this will not help with the live stream and VOD apps if they are down (not the purpose of this custom firmware), but at least you will then be able to use the Phanto and TMP apps on your TVPad1 device.

Once you install this firmware, you can install and run this app to downgrade the firmware version back to 3.26.

=====> For technical people (hackers) only:
    For those with a rooted TVPad unit, here you can find the individual fix for the green man issue.

Simply copy id to /home/config and run loginforce. I normally first kill the original login process though (e.g. killall login) to prevent it from somehow turning the green man off again. The loginforce binary is a modified /home/program/login binary. In the custom firmware I simply replaced it.

wow Phantoman you are the best. my pad1 works again. thanks alot!
    but hk live channel not work.
  • Orca4wdOrca4wd Member
    edited January 2016
    Mr Padman- You're correct to upgrade in the setting page. I'm so surprised TVP1 still alive, THANK YOU to all for keep the dialogue going and especially Phantoman for sharing his wealth of knowledge.

@Orca4wd I don't think you need GVOS2-sd2 to bring up the firmware upgrade. You goto settings and do the upgrade there.
    Post edited by Orca4wd on
  • edited January 2016
    Then I tried that specific version of the gvos2-sd1 and it worked. The one included in the second package did not work not mattered what I tried.
    Yes all I know the gvos2-sd1 has two version one for Pad 1 and the other for Pad2 and 3
    Wow! Honestly I never knew about the existence of gvos2-sd1 on TVPad1. Maybe that came after I retired or something.

Anyway, so that means TVPad1 can also be rooted with the gvos2-sd1 method (see http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/475/how-to-root-tvpad2-3 ) even when the green man is off. Will give that a try when I get a chance.

Edit: This also means that you would be able to turn on the green man by simply sticking in the USB ... oh boy! ... going to work on that today. Then people don't have to upgrade their firmware anymore! LOL, why didn't you guys tell me about this before ???
    n
    @terianx What version is your tvpad ?
    its 3.26 after the downgrade.

• Is downgrading to 3.26 needed? Or am I supposed to just stay on 3.27?
    No, not required for the green man fix. It might be required for some apps to work again though. The Downgrade app is just there to fool the TVPad in thinking that it's still version 3.26 (as if nothing happened).

I don't get it, how did you install the Downgrade app then ?

No, not required for the green man fix. It might be required for some apps to work again though. The Downgrade app is just there to fool the TVPad in thinking that it's still version 3.26 (as if nothing happened).

I don't get it, how did you install the Downgrade app then ?

its on the first post. you download the app and i installed it via usb
  • LOL, yeah I know that since I made the first post =)

My point is, you managed to install the Downgrade app, but then you say you are unable to install the other apps right ? So have you tried to install apps using the same method you used to install the Downgrade app ?
    LOL, yeah I know that since I made the first post =)

My point is, you managed to install the Downgrade app, but then you say you are unable to install the other apps right ? So have you tried to install apps using the same method you used to install the Downgrade app ?
    yes. but the files provided by pacman doesnt work. i have to download the 3.26 apps to get it to work. where are the links to download n+ for 3.26?
  • edited January 2016
    Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you the "The Dead Easy Way" method in the main post. No need for a custom firmware anymore =) So those who have problems installing the custom firmware, let us know how it goes.
    Thanked by 1padman