How to permanently activate the green man on TVPad1

Comments

• terianxterianx Junior Member
    @terianx What are the steps you took exactly ?
    I flashed the firmware provided by phantoman, then downgraded with the file provided by him also.
    Next, I used the files provided by you to get the apps back. I replaced the installer as you said. The app launcher starts but can't see any apps. I then searched for some 3.26 apps, put it on sub. And it detected and installed then. But I'm missing some apps, such as the one that looks like a cd. If I could get the n+ store to install. I should be fine, but the installer can't see it.
    Are there different versions of n+ store?
  • Hi, green man come back but not one app works here. I changed so many time the last days, maybe its the problem??? Can you help me? Which dns should i use today?
  • edited January 2016
    Tks Phantoman, green man come back but no one app with live tv can to play, do you know why?
    Should i to modify one thing or reboot my unit???
    Did you change the DNS like Timmie ?

Btw, if you haven't used the app for a long time, then it may not work even after changing the DNS. It seems that currently the apps are using cached data. So if you haven't used the app for a long time, then your cached data will be old (as-in not usable). At least that's my preliminary observation.

Just for the record (and for the spies on this forum), my green man fix has nothing to do with the live stream or VOD apps. It's only purpose is to enable the green man and give you root access.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Phantoman Are you in US ? Cause a lot of people that reside in the US can't use changing DNS method, which is why some of them subscribed to the paid DNS.

There seems to be a geo-fencing on a lot of these available DNS servers that reportedly working with tvpad.

As for the cached data for the apps, I don't particular think that's an issue that need to be worried about. Once the TVPad is set with a working DNS server the app should work (if TVPad or the app vendor didn't shut it down already). The cached data wouldn't do much if the server is shutdown right ?
  • edited January 2016
    @Phantoman Are you in US ? Cause a lot of people that reside in the US can't use changing DNS method, which is why some of them subscribed to the paid DNS.

There seems to be a geo-fencing on a lot of these available DNS servers that reportedly working with tvpad.
    Nope, in Europe ... in a real "land of the free" :p Sorry guys, don't hate me, but I just couldn't resist :)

I was using SmartDNS from overplay.net in the past for Netflix. In case anyone wants to give that a try.

As for the cached data for the apps, I don't particular think that's an issue that need to be worried about. Once the TVPad is set with a working DNS server the app should work (if TVPad or the app vendor didn't shut it down already). The cached data wouldn't do much if the server is shutdown right ?
    The reason I say that is because one of my TVPad units which has not been used for ages would not work even after changing the DNS. So I then had to copy over the cache (e.g. /storage/230021/) from the other unit which was working and then it started working again.

Also in my case, the apps cannot reach the servers that contain the channel lists (even with changed DNS). Just like the apps cannot reach the server with the 7-day replay schedule.

Edit: Basically the app first asks a server for the most current channel list which has encrypted URLs for the channels. Then the app decrypts the URL. If it's a live stream it will connect to the corresponding SopCast server or if it's a VOD stream it will connect to the corresponding ForceTV server. The SopCast and ForceTV servers can be reached, but not the servers containing the channel lists or VOD lists.
  • As for the cached data for the apps, I don't particular think that's an issue that need to be worried about. Once the TVPad is set with a working DNS server the app should work (if TVPad or the app vendor didn't shut it down already). The cached data wouldn't do much if the server is shutdown right ?
    The reason I say that is because one of my TVPad units which has not been used for ages would not work even after changing the DNS. So I then had to copy over the cache (e.g. /storage/230021/) from the other unit which was working and then it started working again.

Also in my case, the apps cannot reach the servers that contain the channel lists (even with changed DNS). Just like the apps cannot reach the server with the 7-day replay schedule.

Edit: Basically the app first asks a server for the most current channel list which has encrypted URLs for the channels. Then the app decrypts the URL. If it's a live stream it will connect to the corresponding SopCast server or if it's a VOD stream it will connect to the corresponding ForceTV server. The SopCast and ForceTV servers can be reached, but not the servers containing the channel lists or VOD lists.

Hey Phantoman. First of all thanks for the effort to bring the green man back to live. I have done all the necessary steps to and stuck right here as all the apps can't connect to the server. Some has black screen and some reverted back out to the menu after running it. I believe it is due to the cache problem you have stated because my unit has been sitting there collecting dust after I bought the Moonbox which is working great so far (touch wood). Wondering if you can upload a copy of that cache for me to download and update the unit. Much appreciated.
  • @Phantoman Are there any difference between the binaries loginforce and loginforcev2?
  • edited January 2016
    Hey Phantoman. First of all thanks for the effort to bring the green man back to live. I have done all the necessary steps to and stuck right here as all the apps can't connect to the server. Some has black screen and some reverted back out to the menu after running it. I believe it is due to the cache problem you have stated because my unit has been sitting there collecting dust after I bought the Moonbox which is working great so far (touch wood). Wondering if you can upload a copy of that cache for me to download and update the unit. Much appreciated.
    Can't do that, because then all of you will have my login to the SopCast server.

@Phantoman Are there any difference between the binaries loginforce and loginforcev2?
    Yes, v2 will enable the green man even if there is no network connection.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Ha!Ha! Mr.Phantoman I guess The Dead Easy Way is better( will not wipe out your old apps just like you said just make the green man to turn on ) I am in Chicago after upgrade 3.27 all apps run freely in my Pad1( I am use "Custom Firmware way "not "The Dead Easy Way " <3
  • @cheuk5, yes it is indeed better. It is a less invasive method. Glad to hear that things are working for you though :)

@all, now that everybody has root access and the green man, can some nice hacker please continue helping the community for free ? I won't have much time anymore for the next few months.
    Hey, padman, the apps I found on forum post "tvpad 1 apps worked. I got the launcher to detect the apps and installed them. Thanks for he help. But I still can't get n+ store to install :(
    Hey, padman, the apps I found on forum post "tvpad 1 apps worked. I got the launcher to detect the apps and installed them. Thanks for he help. But I still can't get n+ store to install :(
    Don't waste you time if you are in US they block it already.
    I know, most of the app doesn't work. Hot app stopped working with dns "49."
  • Has anyone try the paid DNS service with Phantoman's fix on Tvpad 1? Just wondering.
    I tried all the free DNS IPs and they don't work.
  • Yeah, Thank you for your good work Phanto.
    The custom FW made a greenman to come back, and installed Niji app. Last two days 6 out 10 channels are on, some channel did disappeared, some channel was come up from out of 10 channels. Today I have all 10 channels are on.

Next, Phanto30.pkg is not recognized by this newly updated and down to 3.26 TVpad, not even file name wasn’t seen at AppManager-Others, so installed “phanto326_v2.10” and app is now looking for “phanto.cfg” which is new to me. Used to be “channels” and “pics” folder in micro SD card. How do you configure it?
    I know, most of the app doesn't work. Hot app stopped working with dns "49."
    I'm using vpn with a router, some apps work. most doesn't
  • Next, Phanto30.pkg is not recognized by this newly updated and down to 3.26 TVpad, not even file name wasn’t seen at AppManager-Others, so installed “phanto326_v2.10” and app is now looking for “phanto.cfg” which is new to me. Used to be “channels” and “pics” folder in micro SD card. How do you configure it?
    Please open a new thread. Maybe someone still has the instructions which they can share with you. I don't have them anymore (gone with clubtvpad forum) and I am a bit busy right now to write the instructions for you from scratch. If no one has them I will provide them to you when I have time.
  • The "Dead Easy Way" works on my TVPad M120 with firmware 3.26! Thank you Phantoman, you are the best! =)
    Next, Phanto30.pkg is not recognized by this newly updated and down to 3.26 TVpad, not even file name wasn’t seen at AppManager-Others, so installed “phanto326_v2.10” and app is now looking for “phanto.cfg” which is new to me. Used to be “channels” and “pics” folder in micro SD card. How do you configure it?
    Please open a new thread. Maybe someone still has the instructions which they can share with you. I don't have them anymore (gone with clubtvpad forum) and I am a bit busy right now to write the instructions for you from scratch. If no one has them I will provide them to you when I have time.
    Ok we are lucky I still got a copy for that
    Basic installation steps for version 2.0:
    1. Unzip the phanto-f*.zip file and install the app (see viewforum.php?f=13 for instructions on how to install an app on your TVPad model).
    2. Create a directory called "phanto" (all lower case) on either your USB flash drive or microSD card.
    3. Create a channels.txt (all lower case) to the "phanto" directory (sample channels.txt can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=19242#p19242).
    4. Create a phanto.cfg (all lower case) configuration file and specify the settings you want (see phanto.zip for an example).
    5. (OPTIONAL) If you want to specify your own background pictures when the channel is loading, then copy EXACTLY 2 *.jpg files to the "phanto" directory. JPG files with a max resolution of 1280x720 (720p) is adviced. Higher resolutions may hang your TVPad.
    6. Run the Phanto app.

Instructions for configuring the phanto.cfg configuration file:
    chlistname = channels.txt (allows you to change the default file name of the channel list located on the on the USB drive, microSD card and/or network)
    network = MySeries,192.168.1.100,Series,user1,mypass,domain1 (location of channel list on the network)
    cloud = http://www.test.com/channels.txt (location of channel list in the cloud)
    copy2sd = true (cache all files located in the "phanto" folder on the USB drive to the microSD card)
    emptysd = false (empty the "phanto" folder on the microSD card)

The network parameter allows you to retrieve the channels.txt from a network share (Windows machine, NAS, etc).

If your network share does not require authentication, then this parameter should contain the following content:
    ,,,guest

For example:
    MySeries,192.168.1.100,Series,guest

If your network share requires authentication, then this parameter should contain the following content:

For example:
    MySeries,192.168.1.100,Series,user1,mypass,domain1

The cloud parameter should contain the URL where your channel list resides on the Internet, for example: http://blah.blah.com/thisismycloudchannellist.txt . In this example "thisismycloudchannellist.txt" will be downloaded to your TVPad unit and parsed similar to the local "channels.txt". So make sure that your channel list in the cloud has the same format as the "channels.txt" file. You can add additional parameters before the URL (see http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html) if you require authentication etc., for example to connect to an HTTPS URL which does not use a known CA certificate: cloud = -k https://blah.blah.com/thisismycloudchannellist.txt

Required file encoding (thanks to goodan):
    channels.txt - UTF-8
    phanto.cfg - ANSI

Note:

All parameters are optional and can be added in any particular order. The chlistname parameter will default to "channels.txt" if empty or missing. If the copy2sd parameter is missing, then it's equal to being "false".
    The app splits the parameters based on " = ", so in all cases make sure you have between the parameter and the value, otherwise the value will be ignored.
    If no channels.txt files were available from any of the sources (USB, microSD, cloud or network), then it will open a file explorer where you can select your own channel list file. Only *.txt files are recognized. This will also allow you to browse the mounted network share if you specified a value for the network parameter. You can find the mounted network share by clicking on the USB button in the file explorer.
    If a channel list is found from different sources, then one big channel list will be created from all these sources in the following order: cloud, network, USB/microSD
    Thanked by 1padman