Frequently asked questions

Comments

• Napper VOD on my tvpad4 stopped to update contents since some time in September. Anyone experiences the same problem?
  • Why doesn't Disney Junior work on napper TV anymore. It stopped working for a few weeks now
  • Napper VOD on my tvpad4 stopped to update contents since some time in September. Anyone experiences the same problem?
    True.. Replay stopped working then VOD stopped update. Now it's only good for Live Streaming..
  • Why doesn't Disney Junior work on napper TV anymore. It stopped working for a few weeks now
    They don't monitor every channel but use the online support to open a ticket to have them look at it.
    True.. Replay stopped working then VOD stopped update. Now it's only good for Live Streaming..
    Is Napper aware of the problem? It's been almost 2 months. Do they plan to fix it?
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    they don't check this forum. you guys should go to their website and submit a support ticket.
    Napper VOD on my tvpad4 stopped to update contents since some time in September. Anyone experiences the same problem?
    Is Napper aware of the problem? It's been almost 2 months. Do they plan to fix it?
  • This is correct. We don't actively monitor here. If you have any question regarding our service, feel free to open a support ticket.

We are fast a responding :)
    they don't check this forum. you guys should go to their website and submit a support ticket.
    Napper VOD on my tvpad4 stopped to update contents since some time in September. Anyone experiences the same problem?
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    Bought a cheap Nexbox A95X-B7N (1GB/8GB) - Android 6.0.1 (20170310 firmware) from gearbest.com.

I can confirm it resolves the audio sync issue I've witnessed on sbox3 (allwinner A23 dual core) on certain live TV channels due to differences in encoding I guess.

I'm not sure why SNHK suggested napper runs slower on 1GB/8GB nexbox than on 2GB/8GB model, but I personally didn't notice any performance issues that would cause me concern. Perhaps if multiple apps are running concurrently, then 1GB ram would be a problem.

I now notice the A95X listed on gearbest.com have lost their 'nexbox' branding and is now described as 'A95X-B7N'.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    Bought a cheap Nexbox A95X-B7N (1GB/8GB) - Android 6.0.1 (20170310 firmware) from gearbest.com.

I can confirm it resolves the audio sync issue I've witnessed on sbox3 (allwinner A23 dual core) on certain live TV channels due to differences in encoding I guess.

I'm not sure why SNHK suggested napper runs slower on 1GB/8GB nexbox than on 2GB/8GB model, but I personally didn't notice any performance issues that would cause me concern. Perhaps if multiple apps are running concurrently, then 1GB ram would be a problem.

I now notice the A95X listed on gearbest.com have lost their 'nexbox' branding and is now described as 'A95X-B7N'.
    Have you tried running it on a 2/16gb box? It's not significantly faster but it's noticeable to me. The new non-branded version of the box may have the reset button removed and may not get further firmware updates, just like the bad batch of mecool pro plus. Will not deal with gearbest anymore, their 45day money back guarantee is a scam. If you had a problem would you spend $50 to ship a box back to them that cost $30?
  • Bought a cheap Nexbox A95X-B7N (1GB/8GB) - Android 6.0.1 (20170310 firmware) from gearbest.com.

Have you tried running it on a 2/16gb box? It's not significantly faster but it's noticeable to me. The new non-branded version of the box may have the reset button removed and may not get further firmware updates, just like the bad batch of mecool pro plus. Will not deal with gearbest anymore, their 45day money back guarantee is a scam. If you had a problem would you spend $50 to ship a box back to them that cost $30?
    buy with paypal. they will cover return shipment even if you return it if u didnt like the product. if there is a problem with the box and the supplier do not respond or something, you can file a complaint with paypal and they will have to respond to paypal, failing so the dispute rule in your favour and a full refund.
  • edited November 2017
    By the way, i did mention a cheap android box i got for napper.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0728CZV3G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    it;s out of stock now though from amazon. $25 was all i paid, worked well till now.

Next cheapest i find on amazon now https://www.amazon.com/MXQ-Android-Amlogic-Streaming-Player/dp/B0768Q3QZY/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510369082&sr=1-3&keywords=tv+box+mali+450
    $28.99
    The new non-branded version of the box may have the reset button removed and may not get further firmware updates
    I tried OTA update on my Nexbox but none was offered even though there is newer 170608 according to tvboxforum.com.

fwiw, you suggested a cheap MXQ android 4.4.2 box. I personally wouldn't recommend it as KODI 17.x doesn't work on android 4.

• SNHKSNHK Junior Member

buy with paypal. they will cover return shipment even if you return it if u didnt like the product. if there is a problem with the box and the supplier do not respond or something, you can file a complaint with paypal and they will have to respond to paypal, failing so the dispute rule in your favour and a full refund.
    Paypal max refund on shipping is $30, basically you're still at a lost even if paypal rules in your favor.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    edited November 2017
    The new non-branded version of the box may have the reset button removed and may not get further firmware updates
    I tried OTA update on my Nexbox but none was offered even though there is newer 170608 according to tvboxforum.com.

fwiw, you suggested a cheap MXQ android 4.4.2 box. I personally wouldn't recommend it as KODI 17.x doesn't work on android 4.

Where did I suggest a cheap MXQ box? I think you have me confused with grimmie. I tested napper on tvpad 4 box and everything else is android 5.1 or above.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    By the way, i did mention a cheap android box i got for napper.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0728CZV3G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    it;s out of stock now though from amazon. $25 was all i paid, worked well till now.

Next cheapest i find on amazon now https://www.amazon.com/MXQ-Android-Amlogic-Streaming-Player/dp/B0768Q3QZY/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510369082&sr=1-3&keywords=tv+box+mali+450
    $28.99
    Or get this, only $2 dollars more, cheaper than the china vendors, free returns on Amazon if you don't like.

http://a.co/6mTq4PN
    edited November 2017
    You are correct. I forgot to quote grimmie in my earlier response.

Your suggested Amazon USA link to a Nexbox A95X is indeed a good buy. I'm not in the US which is why I reluctantly ordered from china.
  • edited November 2017

Paypal max refund on shipping is $30, basically you're still at a lost even if paypal rules in your favor.
    Yes, but the box to send back to china will not cost $50. What service are you using?
    $30 is definitely enough.

But alternatively buy from geekbuying
    https://www.geekbuying.com/help/customer_service/return_policy
    Return shipment is free as long as within 1-month.

• You are correct. I forgot to quote grimmie in my earlier response.

Your suggested Amazon USA link to a Nexbox A95X is indeed a good buy. I'm not in the US which is why I reluctantly ordered from china.
    What country are you from? Look for the item as long as the GPU is Mali-450 and Android 5 or lower preferred. Then the app and service will work fine.
    In my case, I just search Mali-450 Android box, and then sort by cheapest and get whatever that is. Surely a lot of boxes with the spec that's under $30.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member

Yes, but the box to send back to china will not cost $50. What service are you using?
    $30 is definitely enough.

But alternatively buy from geekbuying
    https://www.geekbuying.com/help/customer_service/return_policy
    Return shipment is free as long as within 1-month.

Grimmie, I'm in the US, paypal requires you to have tracking, otherwise the won't cover you. EMS is the cheapest in the US, for about $57.00. Of course if you send it without tracking then it is about $30, but then paypal will not cover you.
  • edited January 2018
    @SNHK Sorry i just noticed this reply was somehow gone? Anyway what you need if you're in the US is to create an account with postpony. It gives a much lower shipping rate half the time it's over 50% discount. The choice of delivery includes Fedex, UPS, DHL and USPS.
    With that 50% discount, what would cost $50 would probably be half.
    Post edited by grimmie on