Frequently asked questions

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Will napper work on any other android boxes apart from tvpad4?
    Hi @t.dang89 please review https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1363/frequently-asked-questions dated July 18

• I just bought an android box for Napper but how would I install it? Will it be the same just by putting my USB in to the android box with the napper apk on a FAT32 USB
  • t.dang89, depends on the android box. put it on and try. i have installed to fire tv and fire stick using adblink, easy to just install if you have a PC connected to the same network as the box.
    Get an explorer that usually work as well.
  • t.dang89, depends on the android box. put it on and try. i have installed to fire tv and fire stick using adblink, easy to just install if you have a PC connected to the same network as the box.
    Can you give me instructions on how to install the app on fire stick please
  • pswong3pswong3 Junior Member
    Can one username have multiple subscriptions?
  • Can one username have multiple subscriptions?
    Only if you pay for it
  • @t.dang89 We wouldn't suggest using it on the Fire stick.
    Thanked by 1ipass168
  • Hi, I'm considering napper over the tvchina app because of the additional sports channels. Are the sports channels in napper reliable, smooth & in 'HD', especially the beIN sports channels?

Also in padman's napper review he mentioned there's adult content. Is there any option to remove this from the menu or pin lock it? This might be a deal breaker as I really don't want adult content accessible from a family TV.

Thanks.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @kube Most of the channels are pretty smooth. Of course, you will find the odd channels that don't work.

The adult content is locked.
  • What happened to Korean channels? Before they were all like kbs, tvn, mbc, etc .. Now only the kpop channel ..
    Can you give me instructions on how to install the app on fire stick please
    It's quite simple. It's just the same way if you are to install any apk on a fire stick.
    However, you won't be able to view all channels because of decoder fire stick doesnt work very well to all channels. But on most channels they will work.

But then only use it if you only have fire stick and no other box available.
  • What happened to Korean channels? Before they were all like kbs, tvn, mbc, etc .. Now only the kpop channel ..
    I noticed that too, though I don't watch them. But I hope now and then they keep up the content. Customer service from napper is pretty quick in response which I like. But what I dislike is quite frequently when you ask about the content being unavailable, you would usually get a respond sounding like 'no ETA'

Though on the most part, (or channels) they do work; so it's still best value for money in my opinion. (especially you have a tvpad4)
  • Hi, I'm considering napper over the tvchina app because of the additional sports channels. Are the sports channels in napper reliable, smooth & in 'HD', especially the beIN sports channels?

Also in padman's napper review he mentioned there's adult content. Is there any option to remove this from the menu or pin lock it? This might be a deal breaker as I really don't want adult content accessible from a family TV.

Thanks.
    I tried TVChina.apk. Almost signed up for it.
    But switched to napper, because of the cost and the live channels are much more.
    Though VOD was slow for me before, haven't access the app for a while now.
    By the way I got a second Napper 1-year access but haven't put it on any box to use as yet.
  • So is BC the only way to pay for now? Is paypal going to be supported again?
  • @gwai_jai No, you can pay with paypal
  • Hi, I just installed the Napper IPTV apk on firestick, just wondering if all the channels that have sound and no picture would work if i had a HVEC/h.265 compatible android tv box? If so any recommendations for a cheap android box that would work well
  • Hi, I just installed the Napper IPTV apk on firestick, just wondering if all the channels that have sound and no picture would work if i had a HVEC/h.265 compatible android tv box? If so any recommendations for a cheap android box that would work well
    Even if your hardware handles h.265 it doesn't work sometimes, an example is the fire tv that I tried. but if you select software decode instead of hardware decode, that will work.
    The problem is software decode uses the device processing power and it heats up real quick in case of fire tv and fire tv stick, which makes that option 'unusable'.

but i think the newer cheap android box will work with software decode without overheating.
  • Thanks for the help grimmie, is that a 2nd Gen Fire Tv box that it didn't work with?

What about if the tv box has a dedicated hardware decoder for h.265? Do the "black screen" channels work on a tv box with the right capabilities.

Was thinking about buying this box for my parents if it works with all the channels:

H96 PRO PLUS Amlogic S912 Octa Core 3GB RAM 32GB ROM TV Box

SPECS:
    CPU: Amlogic S912 Octa core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2GHz (DVFS)
    GPU: 750MHz+ ARM Mali-820MP3 GPU processor
    RAM: 3GB DDR3
    ROM: 32GB EMMC Flash
    Ethernet: 100M/1000M
    WIFI: 2.4GHZ/5.8GHZ 802.11a/b/g/n /ac
    Bluetooth: BT4.1
    Video Codecs: VP9-10 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps, H.265 HEVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@60fps
  • I just create my napper account and made the order for napper trail for TVPad. I paid it by paypal but I didn't receive any login password for the IPTV by email?
  • I just create my napper account and made the order for napper trail for TVPad. I paid it by paypal but I didn't receive any login password for the IPTV by email?
    just got my password from the e-mail..Thanks Napper!