FUNTV 亞芬電視盒

Comments

• dlllwdlllw Junior Member
    Wondering if anyone has any issues with the fun tv during start-up. I find mine freezes all the time during initial load up (when you see the globe), requires me to unplug and plug the device again. The loading screen also takes a long time :/
    Which version did you get? Did you get the bluetooth version (power and hdmi ports are very close to each other)? Or did you get the one that was reviewed by padman?

I had issue with the bluetooth version where start up screen (globe) freezes and nothing else. I unplug and pug the device multiple times with same result ... frozen start up screen. Eventually, it would make a "screeching" sound.

I returned mine and ordered a funtv that looked exactly like the one reviewed by padman.
    I had the same issue, twice so far. I pull the power and is working for now. I found an issue with the Cantonese app. When loading the movies (personal theatre) section, it's asking for a password. I'm sure I did not set one up. Anyone know what this password is?

• I had the same issue, twice so far. I pull the power and is working for now. I found an issue with the Cantonese app. When loading the movies (personal theatre) section, it's asking for a password. I'm sure I did not set one up. Anyone know what this password is?
    @dlllw: which version of funtv did you get?

I got the funtv version that was reviewed by padman, and it is working much better. I am also wondering what the password is for that section.
  • edited August 2017
    Wondering if anyone has any issues with the fun tv during start-up. I find mine freezes all the time during initial load up (when you see the globe), requires me to unplug and plug the device again. The loading screen also takes a long time :/
    Which version did you get? Did you get the bluetooth version (power and hdmi ports are very close to each other)? Or did you get the one that was reviewed by padman?

I had issue with the bluetooth version where start up screen (globe) freezes and nothing else. I unplug and pug the device multiple times with same result ... frozen start up screen. Eventually, it would make a "screeching" sound.

I returned mine and ordered a funtv that looked exactly like the one reviewed by padman.
    I'm not entirely sure, but looking at Padman's video.. ours is different. I bought mine on Ebay advertised as a "2017 edition", it might be an earlier generation. His has a textured surface, mine is smooth. Packaging was different, and the box design is a bit different (didn't say Funtv.. was generic). Similarities between the startup and menu, but not entirely the same. Mine looks like this:

• I'm not entirely sure, but looking at Padman's video.. ours is different. I bought mine on Ebay advertised as a "2017 edition", it might be an earlier generation. His has a textured surface, mine is smooth. Packaging was different, and the box design is a bit different (didn't say Funtv.. was generic). Similarities between the startup and menu, but not entirely the same.
    @dmogx: the picture you have is the the version that was shipped to me ... I was informed it's the bluetooth version. I created a thread called "experience with funtv bluetooth version?" in this same section. Do you have any issues with that model funtv? I returned mine because it lasted for approx 2 hours. Also, the power and hdmi ports are very close to each other which could cause problems down the road.

• I'm not entirely sure, but looking at Padman's video.. ours is different. I bought mine on Ebay advertised as a "2017 edition", it might be an earlier generation. His has a textured surface, mine is smooth. Packaging was different, and the box design is a bit different (didn't say Funtv.. was generic). Similarities between the startup and menu, but not entirely the same.
    @dmogx: the picture you have is the the version that was shipped to me ... I was informed it's the bluetooth version. I created a thread called "experience with funtv bluetooth version?" in this same section. Do you have any issues with that model funtv? I returned mine because it lasted for approx 2 hours. Also, the power and hdmi ports are very close to each other which could cause problems down the road.
    Well, it works.. albeit, a bit slow compared to the Tvpad4 or BlueTV. My issues with it are that it often freezes during start-up which forces me to unplug it, and plug it back in. It also freezes up a bit occasionally during regular use in the menus or within apps (I'd get a system message asking to wait for it to respond or to end the program). Otherwise it's an OK box, wouldn't buy it again though.

• Well, it works.. albeit, a bit slow compared to the Tvpad4 or BlueTV. My issues with it are that it often freezes during start-up which forces me to unplug it, and plug it back in. It also freezes up a bit occasionally during regular use in the menus or within apps (I'd get a system message asking to wait for it to respond or to end the program). Otherwise it's an OK box, wouldn't buy it again though.
    How long have you had your box? I have mine for a few days and it operates like it should.

• Well, it works.. albeit, a bit slow compared to the Tvpad4 or BlueTV. My issues with it are that it often freezes during start-up which forces me to unplug it, and plug it back in. It also freezes up a bit occasionally during regular use in the menus or within apps (I'd get a system message asking to wait for it to respond or to end the program). Otherwise it's an OK box, wouldn't buy it again though.
    How long have you had your box? I have mine for a few days and it operates like it should.
    One month, I purchased this around the time the TVPad 4 started going downhill. I might have to do a reset and only install apps that I find useful.

• One month, I purchased this around the time the TVPad 4 started going downhill. I might have to do a reset and only install apps that I find useful.
    Let me know how the reset goes. I'm interested in device resetting my funtv but was concerned if I would get funtv interface back or just android interface (if that makes sense). I have done a device reset of tvpad4 and was able to get the tvpad4 interface after reset.
  • edited August 2017

One month, I purchased this around the time the TVPad 4 started going downhill. I might have to do a reset and only install apps that I find useful.
    Let me know how the reset goes. I'm interested in device resetting my funtv but was concerned if I would get funtv interface back or just android interface (if that makes sense). I have done a device reset of tvpad4 and was able to get the tvpad4 interface after reset.
    Didn't turn out well, OR it was just bad timing on my part. Reset itself worked, the interface remained... but I can't seem to connect to their servers anymore. The store loads, but I cannot download anything. Images don't show and download bar doesn't move.

I tried to check if there is a firmware update, but i can't connect to the server to check. I contacted the seller, who sent me a download link to install via usb. The apps installed fine, but the live tv and playback app doesn't load past the initial loading screen. The Chinese/Canto VOD apps load, app tries to update and then comes back with a server update error message. Seller can't do anything but told me to wait because they're apparently updating their server.

I'm not sure if something is wrong after the reset or if the server upgrade is truly the case, so I'm pretty much hooped for now until the server is presumably upgraded. Do things work for you?

• Didn't turn out well, OR it was just bad timing on my part. Reset itself worked, the interface remained... but I can't seem to connect to their servers anymore. The store loads, but I cannot download anything. Images don't show and download bar doesn't move.

I tried to check if there is a firmware update, but i can't connect to the server to check. I contacted the seller, who sent me a download link to install via usb. The apps installed fine, but the live tv and playback app doesn't load past the initial loading screen. The Chinese/Canto VOD apps load, app tries to update and then comes back with a server update error message. Seller can't do anything but told me to wait because they're apparently updating their server.

I'm not sure if something is wrong after the reset or if the server upgrade is truly the case, so I'm pretty much hooped for now until the server is presumably upgraded. Do things work for you?

I didn't experience what you had. The reset was done in under 5 minutes before being greeted with the welcome screen. Of course, I had to download the apps again and had no issue. I haven't had to update any of my apps yet, but I do know that one of my apps (the cat app) needs to be updated. So I'll wait for the message to update the app. I'll see how the other apps work and will let you know. Hopefully, you'll get your issue resolved.
  • Started the box up after work, it updated. I guess it was just very bad timing on my part. It's running a bit smoother now and hasn't frozen during startup *yet*. I think I installed too many apps when i first got it - although my tvpad4 never had that issue. Oh well
  • @dogmx: Glad to hear you got your funtv box working again. So far, all of the apps I'm using are running good. The cat app updated this morning and no issues with it.
    Yeah, my tvpad4 had no issues at all when I first got it until that day ...
  • How do you reset a funtv box? Thanks!
  • How do you reset a funtv box? Thanks!
    You can do a soft reset of funtv box by going through the settings and within settings - other settings - backup and reset ... I don't know the exact route to get to backup and reset. It will take about 5 minutes for funtv to reset before it asks you to choose a language.
  • Hi Padman,
    I bought the Funtv box recently and setup the personalized setting. Once, I finished all the TV channels were gone. Now, I want to disable the personalized setting but there is No place for me to restore, undo or back to the factory setting. =(

Please help.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hi Padman,
    I bought the Funtv box recently and setup the personalized setting. Once, I finished all the TV channels were gone. Now, I want to disable the personalized setting but there is No place for me to restore, undo or back to the factory setting. =(

Please help.
    Ok try to use this to clean all personalized setting at once.
    http://www.filedropper.com/-comswlcacheclean-70201-v721
  • What's the personalized settings?
  • FUNTV updated their apps to like 3.1.6 or something like that and now all the vods play for couple seconds and stop completely with the streaming rate going down to 0 kbps. Anyone experiencing something similar? Live TV still works.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Just updated. Same problem as you.
  • Same thing happening to me for the past week after upgrading FUNTV apps (both canto and mando vods). Even the moretv app stopped working ... don't recall the message when attempting to play one of the videos.