UBTV won't load

Comments

• bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    fwiw, yesterday morning, I tried UBTV before I upgraded to 3.3.5. UBTV didn't seem to want to work when I briefly tested it, or I was impatient when no chosen channels would stream.

I then updated to 3.3.5. I then also had to update UBTV app. UBTV started working. Only briefly checked, but couldn't see any obvious difference in channels offered by new UBTV. Channel numbers looked exactly the same to me.

I checked the version and it remained unchanged at v7.9 for UBTV too, so no idea what was updated within UBTV.

Later that day, a friend reported their ubox had updated to 3.3.4 but couldn't get UBTV to work - channels could be selected but there was no streaming data - stuck at 0kb/sec. uLive, HDPTv and TVPlus were fine. I powered up our ubox and could confirm UBTV was not working too.

I am hoping Unblock will restore ability to customise the menu at a later date. Best reason I can think of for why Unblock has imposed this locked down winlauncher 3.3.4/3.35, is perhaps to make it easier to force all ubox owners to download and install the latest live TV apps through the non-descript S1-S4 tiles found in 'Online TV'.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • this morning there was an update when I entered the settings from the main screen.
    it was an different update then a winlauncher update (still got 3.3.4), did see the android symbol while updating, the device needed to be restarted and it asked to select a language after starting up.
    don't know what was update, but everything still works fine.
    can't remember what android version I had, now it is 4.4.2.
    firmware: homlet4.4.2-h3-v10
    build number: dolphin_fvd_p1-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H 20160325 test-keys

guess the build number was updated.

• wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    My winlauncher have been downgraded to 3.1.0 from 3.3.4 after I have updated to a bug fix prompt.
    Even the main menu is back to the old layout instead of the new where you have S1 to S4 for live tv.
  • markthadymarkthady Junior Member
    after reboot it did a firmware upgrade but the UBTV still does not work. why do they keep doing upgrade firmware and winlauncer BUT nothing still works?? BTW, after firmware upgrade, the winlauncer app is missing from the Apps folder
  • rwny1rwny1 Junior Member
    Hello,

Does anyone have the firmware file? I tried to update 2x but both failed and now i do not even get the update available message anymore after restarting box. Its for overseas version.

Thank you,
    Randy
    Have you checked your ubox has not run out of storage space which would prevent download/install succeeding? (eg. try deleting cache etc)

Thanks bamby8
    It updated this morning finally. Will try to test how the live channels are. Appreciate all the help.
    Thanks again,
    Randy
    Great please keep us posted...i'm curious how the live ubtv works, if at all....does anybody know if there r any other options for live korean channels, perhaps another app within the box, for cases where ubtv goes down? So u have updated the version to 3.3.4?
    Hi booboolee,

Yes. Now on 3.3.4. The live channels on ubtv are working again for me in NY as well as the korean channels on there. I am not sure of alternative apps (paid or free) for korean channels. If I find something I will definitely post.

thanks and hope your tv watching goes well.
    Randy
  • Hello,

Does anyone have the firmware file? I tried to update 2x but both failed and now i do not even get the update available message anymore after restarting box. Its for overseas version.

Thank you,
    Randy
    Have you checked your ubox has not run out of storage space which would prevent download/install succeeding? (eg. try deleting cache etc)

Thanks bamby8
    It updated this morning finally. Will try to test how the live channels are. Appreciate all the help.
    Thanks again,
    Randy
    Great please keep us posted...i'm curious how the live ubtv works, if at all....does anybody know if there r any other options for live korean channels, perhaps another app within the box, for cases where ubtv goes down? So u have updated the version to 3.3.4?
    Hi booboolee,

Yes. Now on 3.3.4. The live channels on ubtv are working again for me in NY as well as the korean channels on there. I am not sure of alternative apps (paid or free) for korean channels. If I find something I will definitely post.

thanks and hope your tv watching goes well.
    Randy
    Thanx Randy.....yup all is good this morning
  • Just another update; ubtv is working fine this morning....great so far....still have not updated version to 3.3.4; but DID update ubtv upon prompt/notification (it wouldn't work at all until i did the update), and all is fine right now...i'm in Markham-Stouffville, not that that should matter.
  • markthadymarkthady Junior Member
    Just another update; ubtv is working fine this morning....great so far....still have not updated version to 3.3.4; but DID update ubtv upon prompt/notification (it wouldn't work at all until i did the update), and all is fine right now...i'm in Markham-Stouffville, not that that should matter.
    booboolee, i am in markham-unionville and the ubtv not working?? updated to 3.3.4
  • Just another update; ubtv is working fine this morning....great so far....still have not updated version to 3.3.4; but DID update ubtv upon prompt/notification (it wouldn't work at all until i did the update), and all is fine right now...i'm in Markham-Stouffville, not that that should matter.
    booboolee, i am in markham-unionville and the ubtv not working?? updated to 3.3.4
    Oohhh..i have avoided the 3.3.4 update for now, but did do the ubtv update....and i'm watching ubtv live right now fine, it has been working fine since early this morning.....
  • For those that have updated to 3.3.4 and regret it, i wonder if a factory reset might help....
    edited March 2016
    Another member of my household turned on our ubox this evening and couldn't load UBTV. Stuck at splash screen.

When I investigated, I noticed winlauncher had downgraded from 3.3.5 to 3.1.0, similar to what wsthong reported.

ubtv stuck at UBTV splash screen.
    ulive seems to have disappeared.
    HDPtv is working but occasional buffering.

Test app returned but empty channels lists instead of UBTV channels list.

I restarted the ubox. A few minutes later, notification appeared to install winlauncher 3.3.4. This lead to uLive having to be reinstalled when I pressed the S2 tile.

ulive working fine at the moment.

Post edited by bamby8 on
  • Another member of my household turned on our ubox this evening and couldn't load UBTV. Stuck at splash screen.

When I investigated, I noticed winlauncher had downgraded from 3.3.5 to 3.1.0, similar to what wsthong reported.

ubtv stuck at UBTV splash screen.
    ulive seems to have disappeared.
    HDPtv is working but occasionally buffering.

Test app returned but empty channels lists.

A few minutes later, notification appeared to install winlauncher 3.3.4. This lead to uLive having to be reinstalled.

ulive working fine at the moment.

Oh thats good, at least u can watch live.....but is "ulive" the same thing as ubtv live? Sorry for the dumb question....so in the end u did the update to version 3.3.4, right? And everything is ok after the update now?
    edited March 2016
    uLive (UB直播) is not the same as UBTV. uLive contains less than 80 chinese channels.

Yes I ran the 3.3.4 update to specifically try and recover the uLive (UB直播) app.
  • Oh i see....
    uLive (UB直播) is not the same as UBTV. uLive contains less than 80 chinese channels.

Yes I ran the 3.3.4 update to specifically try and recover the uLive (UB直播) app.

Oh i see....so ulive is working, what about ubtv?
  • they all working as now. it give you more options to watch live streaming if one is down. I found S3 is much sharper picture and no delay on it and it has xxx channels.
    edited March 2016
    ubtv was not working when I last checked an hour ago.

It may be region dependent perhaps.
  • Ubtv seems to be down now here too....was fine earlier today, interested to see if this is all over by tomorrow
  • Are any of them korean channels...or just chinese?
  • Just checked, UBTV working flawlessly, Korean channels as well, don't know why yours not loading.
  • Mine is back too...ubtv live working great