UBTV won't load

Comments

• bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Backing up existing winlauncher before attempting uninstall is a good idea.

Advice on how to do this would be useful.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
    edited March 2016
    Hello,

Does anyone have the firmware file? I tried to update 2x but both failed and now i do not even get the update available message anymore after restarting box. Its for overseas version.

Thank you,
    Randy
    Have you checked your ubox has not run out of storage space which would prevent download/install succeeding? (eg. try deleting cache etc)

Thanked by 1rwny1
  • markthadymarkthady Junior Member
    my winlauncher has been updated to v3.3.4
  • my winlauncher has been updated to v3.3.4
    Me too. When pressing online tv. Says S1 S2 S3 S4
  • edited March 2016
    Oversea version 3.3.4 just show up on the screen for update.

Updated

Ubtv still not working.
    WTF
  • my winlauncher has been updated to v3.3.4
    Me too. When pressing online tv. Says S1 S2 S3 S4
    Mine too, there seems to be a bug screwed it up with S1 S2 S3 S4.
  • Oversea version 3.3.4 just show up on the screen for update.

Updated

Ubtv still not working.
    WTF
    My UBTV works, watching TVB now. It does take a while to load up initially with 0kb/s but it does work.
    edited March 2016
    My ubox updated to 3.3.4 winlauncher too.

The tiles in 'Online TV' as follows:

S1 - UBTV. Updated and seems to be working.
    S2 - uLive. Previously installed and still working.
    S3 - HDPtv. Installed and working.
    S4 - TV Plus. Installed and working.

UBrec and UVOD now buried amongst all the other apps within the 'APP' menu.

Unfortunately, you cannot customise menus within winlauncher 3.3.4. ie. they have locked it down for the moment.

TV Plus 2.0
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elinkway.tvlive2
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • Winlauncher is 3.3.4 but my home page has S1,2,3,4 icons ???? Can't customize or add apps to the menu !!!! :( I want to downgrade to nov.2015 but the update package doesn't work ???!!!!!
  • edited March 2016
    Learning to make backups the apk installation files of all your installed applications is useful.

ES explorer provides an easy way to do this.

I will try to explain the steps as i remember them.

1. you should insert a microsd (it is better that all the backups is kept safely in the microsd. In this way, even if there is a major firmware update and the entire built in storage partitions are being formatted or modified, your backups are safe and you can use them to reinstall your desired applications after an upgrade of the entire box.

2. When you launch ES file manager, on the left column, you should scroll down until you see APPS (it is under Library I believe ...)

Click on APPS, then on the right column, you will see all your installed applications. Ignore the applications you see on the first line. They are advertisements.

3. Click and hold on the app that you want to backup. You will immediately see check boxes appearing for all the installed apps. You can continue to make a tick on multiple apps that you want to do a backup.

4. After you have done your selections of apps for backup, you should move to the bottom buttons and select backup. ES file manager will then show an indicator of the files that are being backuped.

That is all.

(In case, files are backup to internal storage instead of the microsd, you will have to go into ES filemanager preference settings. There , you should be able to tell ES file manager where you want your backups to be placed. )

Another thing to take note. It is easier to use an external keyboard and mouse to do all the above - things like click and hold i don't know how you can do it with the remote controller that comes with the tv box.
    Thanked by 2booboolee bamby8
  • Ubtv live korean channels still not loading...anybody have working live ubtv? I feel like I'm reliving the tvpad3 disasters....i lost half a head of hair & 30 lbs from the stress of that period in my life...can't go thru it again, i'm starting to freak out now
  • Learning to make backups the apk installation files of all your installed applications is useful.

ES explorer provides an easy way to do this.

I will try to explain the steps as i remember them.

1. you should insert a microsd (it is better that all the backups is kept safely in the microsd. In this way, even if there is a major firmware update and the entire built in storage partitions are being formatted or modified, your backups are safe and you can use them to reinstall your desired applications after an upgrade of the entire box.

2. When you launch ES file manager, on the left column, you should scroll down until you see APPS (it is under Library I believe ...)

Click on APPS, then on the right column, you will see all your installed applications. Ignore the applications you see on the first line. They are advertisements.

3. Click and hold on the app that you want to backup. You will immediately see check boxes appearing for all the installed apps. You can continue to make a tick on multiple apps that you want to do a backup.

4. After you have done your selections of apps for backup, you should move to the bottom buttons and select backup. ES file manager will then show an indicator of the files that are being backuped.

That is all.

(In case, files are backup to internal storage instead of the microsd, you will have to go into ES filemanager preference settings. There , you should be able to tell ES file manager where you want your backups to be placed. )

Another thing to take note. It is easier to use an external keyboard and mouse to do all the above - things like click and hold i don't know how you can do it with the remote controller that comes with the tv box.
    Thank u so much for taking ur time to do this, such a great help...i will be able to confidently attempt this thanx to ur clear steps
  • I love our little community...u guys all rock
  • this morning WinLauncher upgraded to 3.3.4 I'll say avoid this for now, they got rid of VOD menu and replaced it with app menu and live menu is tiled 4 block stating S1 (ubtv) S2(Ulive) S3(HDPTV) S4(TVPlus 2.0)
  • edited March 2016
    this morning WinLauncher upgraded to 3.3.4 I'll say avoid this for now, they got rid of VOD menu and replaced it with app menu and live menu is tiled 4 block stating S1 (ubtv) S2(Ulive) S3(HDPTV) S4(TVPlus 2.0)
    I confirm the update changes the online tv section.

Is there a way to add apps to it or change it?

Post edited by lv3saiyan on
  • this morning WinLauncher upgraded to 3.3.4 I'll say avoid this for now, they got rid of VOD menu and replaced it with app menu and live menu is tiled 4 block stating S1 (ubtv) S2(Ulive) S3(HDPTV) S4(TVPlus 2.0)
    Thanx...this is what i feared, so i wonder how long we'll be able to avoid the update...will we be able to just continue using ubtv w/out updating winlauncher version? So after ur version update r u able to watch live ubtv? Mine was working earlier this afternoon...around 4:00pm EST, after about an hour my box upstairs using wifi continued to work...while my other box downstairs using an ethernet connection stopped working, was trying to load but could not...super weird.
  • well problem with avoiding WinLauncher is that it updates appmarket access so if you don't update you probably wont' get new market access incase they have any more files (which none at the moment)
  • well problem with avoiding WinLauncher is that it updates appmarket access so if you don't update you probably wont' get new market access incase they have any more files (which none at the moment)
    Yes but atm i'm really only using it to watch ubtv live channels....as long as i can get live korean channels i don't really care about the rest, eventually i should start taking advantage of all the other great apps....anybody using kodi to watch movies?
  • rwny1rwny1 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Hello,

Does anyone have the firmware file? I tried to update 2x but both failed and now i do not even get the update available message anymore after restarting box. Its for overseas version.

Thank you,
    Randy
    Have you checked your ubox has not run out of storage space which would prevent download/install succeeding? (eg. try deleting cache etc)

Thanks bamby8
    It updated this morning finally. Will try to test how the live channels are. Appreciate all the help.
    Thanks again,
    Randy
  • Hello,

Thank you,
    Randy

Thanks bamby8
    It updated this morning finally. Will try to test how the live channels are. Appreciate all the help.
    Thanks again,
    Randy
    Great please keep us posted...i'm curious how the live ubtv works, if at all....does anybody know if there r any other options for live korean channels, perhaps another app within the box, for cases where ubtv goes down? So u have updated the version to 3.3.4?