UBTV won't load

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Right now I can launch Ubtv. But the channels seem to not be working right now. Says loading please wait

Edit: never mind i relaunched the Ubtv app and the channels are working again
  • Everything is working now. I was reading their notice from their official Facebook.
    They claimed that they are upgrading the server.
    Anyway, you should get an update notification when you turn on ubox now. Upgrade it.

1) Update firmware
    2) go to app store market
    3) you should see another update for app store. upgrade it
    4) go to All Apps, you should see a new app called "319金山高".

This app is a lot faster than UBTV and no more lip sync issues. Very nice this one!
  • well new HDPlay app (0319) is definately extreamly fast loading and nice but it's got slew of X rated apps right in the app it self without any restriction, might cause some issues with household with kids
  • 0319 is super nice so far. hope it can maintain the quality. especially no lip sync issue. Yes. a lot of adult channels in HD. Tell your family members to use UBTV instead if they don't care much about quality.
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited March 2016
    although guess you can press menu buttton to goto channel manager to delete channels or set password which is ok. just bit of work
    however so your UBTV works? mine still shows 0k with all channels
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Someone has posted two useful youtube videos on UB's facebook page. The first one describes the update procedure:

No mention of the 319金山高 app in either video, but it does refer to a new UB直播 live TV app, or are they one and the same app ?
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • my UBTV is working. You can go to All apps and use 319 app to watch TVB. A lot better.
    edited March 2016
    UBTV, UBrec, UVOD still not working this morning.

I went into App Market and a notification appeared prompting me to download/install v2.5.8 app installer. (My ubox already has v3.2.6 winlauncher)

The new app installer did not offer either UB直播 or 319金山高 apps.

I'm speculating the updates are not yet available for our region.

• wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    Hi Bamby8,

Maybe the link below may help for the installation of UB直播 .

Mine was working but could not find 319金山高

I went into App Market and a notification appeared prompting me to download/install v2.5.8 app installer. (My ubox already has v3.2.6 winlauncher)

Thanked by 1bamby8
  • Hi Bamby8,

Mine was working but could not find 319金山高

Are UB直播 or 319金山高 apps coming with japanese channels?
    edited March 2016
    Hi Bamby8,

Thanks for the video. I tried launching the highlighted app from 'within' v2.5.8 app launcher but all it did was launch the HKTV app and froze....?!

ie. it clearly wasn't launching the new UB直播 app.

So, I then went into Android Settings -> Apps, and uninstalled the HKTV app v1.01.

Then returned to App Market v2.5.8 app installer, and it offered to reinstall HKTV. After installing HKTV app, I now also see uLive (UB直播) app now appears in the All Apps menu.

Thank you.

ps. the UB直播 GUI looks awfully like the Moonbox live TV app ?

pps. Today, UBTV still does not work. On one occasion I did manage to start it, the live channels were reporting 0 KB/sec. However, UBrec and UVOD have started to work today.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • edited March 2016
    FIRST OF ALL, I would like to thank "padman" for this site.

I am very happy to have found this site.

I am also a previous owner of TVPAD3. Enjoyed it for about a year plus but now it is just a box that has only Phantoman app installed. I hope someone can find a way to install android operating system in the tvpad3 box so that i don't have to throw it away.

I have now moved over to Unblock TV gen. 2

My UBTV started working again this evening and I am really happy because my family enjoy watching Japanese live channels.

It wasn't working well this afternoon and we missed watching SUMO competition by NHK live.

Also, like to thank all the regular contributors in this forum. Your constant sharing really helps because I cannot read Chinese and don't understand the notification messages.
  • UBTV, UBrec, UVOD still not working this morning.

I following the steps on the YouTube video. My UBtv is still not working. Can anyone help. On the 2nd video show the UBtv work fine but mine still cannot.
    I am in SG.
    The other 2 apps work fine.

• Just switch on UBtv and is working fine now but ch275 has picture but no sound, I think the rest of the channel is working fine.
    Do not know if tomorrow will it be working or not.
    Hope it will stay OK.

Bonus is there 3 more app to watch.
  • markthadymarkthady Junior Member
    I cannot see any 319金山高 in my app market. Can someone provide the apk installation file to us to install?
  • tVB Copy Right is doing their job now..... try to close UBtV server once they online mean they use DDOS attack BotNeck .... What ever they online they will DDOS UbtV server at peak hours .. even they change or update their firmware they will keep sniffer their port and attack UBtV server. LOL. so it will come to end life of UBtV server too just like tVpad .. RIP .....
    edited March 2016
    fwiw, a friend's ubox just received winlauncher update. Currently v3.2.1. New version v3.3.1_android_oversea

It looks like UB have reverted to original style of APP Market containing large app icons, with the exception the icons don't indicate whether an app is already installed or not.

ie. they have got rid of the apphelperh3.apk confusion
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • As I suspected, the Ubtv did work again after I switch off the set and switch on later but after a few try it work again.
    The main screen show a message saying there will be software updates again.
  • I received a pop up notification when I am on the first screen, asking me to update to 3.2.6_android_oversea. When I chose the second option to update immediately, it popped up a small window, indicating the download failed and asked me to check the internet connection. My wired and wireless internet connection are both normal as other equipments were connected via wired and wireless. I can work with all these equipments without any problems. As indicated in other members, it keeps on switching from a blue screen and main menu and UBTV is not working.

Anybody has a suggestion on my case? I wonder whether I am the only one having this issue.
  • just switch off your set again and on back later to update again. If you are wired connection than switch off wireless in the setting page.

Just follow the above video and you will be ok.