UBTV won't load

Comments

• wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    Not sure this is related to server down. My ubox tends to switched between a blue screen and the main menu (GUI) every few seconds. It looks like it trying to authenticate with a server.
    Also there was a software update message for Overseas Edition but it is gone now.
    Anyone having the same issue?
  • Same here, not that it matters but I'm in Canada (Stouffville)...vod is fine but no live tv using ubtv app....i have an angry dad, grandfather and uncle breathing down my neck....this is so stressful...I regret buying these boxes for them all @ $220/ each from pacific mall
  • Wonder if i can return them if ubtv app dies? Deja-vu...same thing happened to me with tvpad3....and then tvpad4
    Hi booboolee,

Are you having the same issue where it switches between a blue and main menu screen?
    I have no issues with Youtube, UBVOD or UBTV Replay. But i need to go into the apps screen quickly before it switches between the screens (blue and main menu)
    Same here, not that it matters but I'm in Canada (Stouffville)...vod is fine but no live tv using ubtv app....i have an angry dad, grandfather and uncle breathing down my neck....this is so stressful...I regret buying these boxes for them all @ $220/ each from pacific mall
  • Hmmmm.....nope, don't seem to have that problem...just can't get ubtv to load
  • QuorraQuorra Junior Member
    Folks,

Looks like the UBTV live streaming app is currently down for either server upgrade or maintenance issues. It has been unsteady for the past week. This maybe due to the fact that many people are converting to the UB streamer now. It's just a shame that the UB customer service is very poor and we have to find out the hard way. With the comments of folks experiencing the same issue looks like it is not a internet service provider issue. I hope the engineers of UB can sort out the live streaming app and other apps that have not been working, like replay apps for that matter, pretty soon!
  • March 20, 9:50pm, Toronto

- Couldn't even start UBTV, it jumped back to main menu.
    - It wasn't working yesterday as well.

I did post all the problems on the Facebook web page and Facebook message to them. They asked me to install WeChat to talk to them. Fxxk that!

I'm really pissed off now and I am selling it online now. I have no patience at all especially I just picked it up few days ago.

Unblock tech has to understand that their main core selling feature is "Hong Kong Live TV and shows". I don't care about other features. If you can't keep up with your main feature, this is shit.
    Good News! UBTV Live is up and running. 13:30 Australian Time.
    Unfortunately UB Market is still down.
  • Yes Came here to say it works now all the channels are nice first time using the Ubox since I got it a day ago from eBay seller
  • OK here too.....for the time being...UK...
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    UBTV not working here. I'm in UK.

ubox updated to winlauncher 3.2.6 from 3.1.0 this morning.

I observe some replies by UB to posts on facebook, quoting server upgrade/maintenance will be completed by next Easter Monday at the latest.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • Live TV is not working in Brazil as well.

I got this message: 正在连接服务器, 请稍候.
  • markthadymarkthady Junior Member
    Not working in Toronto Canada
  • Live tv is back here, Markham, Ontario.
  • ubtv is live again! (amsterdam, the netherlands)
    (took some restarting)
  • edited March 2016
    I confirm that it is working in Brazil at this moment.

Beside that, I talked to the Unblocktech reseller, who sold me that unit, and he said: "Unblock tech is running a major update for firmware and improve the streaming speed, they've full team working on it, will get it done asap."
  • markthadymarkthady Junior Member
    only work for me after I managed to update the winlauncher or else it keeps going back to the blue screen.
    edited March 2016
    We still can't get into UBTV even though winlauncher updated this morning.

Another new problem has appeared this afternoon with UBrec and UVOD.

UBrec playback app showed no programme listings and the dates along the top of the page are for '2013'.

UVOD not showing any content. Just a spinning circle.

Post edited by bamby8 on
  • jchow668jchow668 Junior Member
    How can I change the launcher from v3.2.0 to v3.2.1. Is there a website that can download it?
    edited March 2016
    winlauncher updates come via a pop up notification when using existing winlauncher. See other thread about 'Resetting the Ubox'.