Downgrading TVPad 4 to 5.054

Comments

• tomato123tomato123 Show Producer

I upgraded to 5.06 and now I desperately want to follow the instructions from the video to downgrade back to 5.054. The problem I am encountering, there is no reset button that I can visibly see on the TVPad 4, front, back, side, or top.

Where is the reset button on the TVPad4?
    There is a tiny hole under bottom above of network connector!
    Sorry. I can't find the hole. Can you kindly take a picture and show to me? Thanks a lot.
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • Thanks for the information, I will tried to downgrade mine tonight and see.

Thank a billion
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • ringokwan128ringokwan128 Junior Member
    I upgraded to 5.06 and now I desperately want to follow the instructions from the video to downgrade back to 5.054. The problem I am encountering, there is no reset button that I can visibly see on the TVPad 4, front, back, side, or top.

Where is the reset button on the TVPad4?
    There is a tiny hole under bottom above of network connector!
    Sorry. I can't find the hole. Can you kindly take a picture and show to me? Thanks a lot.
    Ok flip over your pad there is only one tiny pin hole you never missed
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • ringokwan128ringokwan128 Junior Member
    OK I found a very very tiny pin hole in the middle of the bottom of the pad, which can only be allowed a very very tiny needle to be pushed in. Is it the one?
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    OK I found a very very tiny pin hole in the middle of the bottom of the pad, which can only be allowed a very very tiny needle to be pushed in. Is it the one?
    Yes
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • The other easy way to get into recovery mode,for no reset button ,or no need press reset button. video https://mega.nz/#!NY4j0KoR!3Jzvc4Xf_pvX10jZmtSpSYKP_pB04lUCsrlv9_jk29o
    works great!
    The other easy way to get into recovery mode,for no reset button ,or no need press reset button. video https://mega.nz/#!NY4j0KoR!3Jzvc4Xf_pvX10jZmtSpSYKP_pB04lUCsrlv9_jk29o
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • edited February 2017
    OK GUYS I AM BACK FROM FLORIDA!

After 1 hour of trial and error I FINALLY GOT THIS THING WORKING WITH UPDATED YUETV WITH ALL VOD and LIVE!!!!! Works here in New Jersey East Coast in USA so should work for everyone else.

Here are my exact steps and should be working for you all:
    1. extract all files from 5.054 backup to sd card
    2. unplug power to tvpad
    3. insert sd card
    4. press and hold reset button
    5. plug in power while holding reset
    6. let go of reset when system restore is loading (insert mouse to make things easier to navigate)
    7. go through the system restore as shown in the youtube moonspeak tutorial up to the 6 minute mark and slide to reboot
    8. install YueTV 0.4 apk
    9. use 158.132.187.187 DNS
    10. run YueTV and allow yuetv OTA update, after that you are free to update the live channel after the update (big blue button with play icon)
    11. let it scan through and do it's thing.
    12. BAM, EVERYTHING IS WORKING LIKE BEFORE AND CANTONESE MOTHER JUMPING FOR JOY!!!!!!!!

I would like to personally thank Padman, BenXiong, Cheuk5, Tomato123, 535four and especially this wonderful helpful community

tried YueTV 2.1 and YueTV 2.3 but not working seems only YueTV 0.4 apk works via in-app update

But seriously seeing my mom jump for joy and calling relatives about the fix was hilarious and worthwhile XD
    Post edited by sarsinajar on
    with DNS 158.132.187.187 and firmware 5.054. all apps are working with no retricted message or region error.

港粵網路電視, 寶島電視, and BetvPlus.
    also, YueTV and 36TV.
  • what kind the SD card will work when you try to downgrade from 5.066 to 5.054. Mine doesn't work.
    if your card can see by tvpad, you should see an SD icon on upper bar.
    what kind the SD card will work when you try to downgrade from 5.066 to 5.054. Mine doesn't work.

• I can't see the SD card icon on upper bar.
    Thanks.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @tvpad5656 Make sure your sd card is FAT32 formatted ?

• I can't see the SD card icon on upper bar.
    Thanks.
    Buy another micro SD card.
  • Did follow the instruction, did insert the SD card and see the sd card icon on the right top corner, but when I click SD card upgarde, it say upgrade file not exist. anyone can help??
  • @padman, thanks for the help. I finally figure out I am missing a file called m201-ota.zip. After copying it to the SD card, it works fine.
  • @susdee , try make sure you have the following directory and files in the SD card:

TWRP
    m201-ota.zip
    recovery.img
    T4恢复.txt
  • @susdee , try make sure you have the following directory and files in the SD card:

TWRP
    m201-ota.zip
    recovery.img
    T4恢复.txt
    Where can I found the m201-ota.zip file as it didnt include in the firmware downgrade folder (t4_5.054)

Thanks for your help
    susdee
  • Rename a small file to m201-ota .zip and add it in that microsd card.

TWRP
    m201-ota.zip
    recovery.img
    T4恢复.txt
    Where can I found the m201-ota.zip file as it didnt include in the firmware downgrade folder (t4_5.054)

Thanks for your help
    susdee
    I make a file for you,after downloading do not have to do anything,Just copy to the sdcard along with the other tow files"TWRP and recovery". https://mega.nz/#!BcRAiYrR!NneF-Dv_OliySJ6rX68GUMGJcY4Mkyr9TYQZXaoAGq0
    Thanked by 1tylerlee