BlueTV Review ~ vs TVPad 4 / HTV3 / Ubox

12346»

Comments

• @ekferio Yes and no.

Long story short... The original company of Bluetv (TvPad) got suit for streaming, and at the same time they decided to shut down Tvpad 1,2,3 and tried to get people onto Tvpad 4.
    There was a suggestion that they shutdown due to the lawsuit against the closed source OS used on TVpad 1 to 3.

Hence they tried moving everyone to 4. But I do believe they were very greedy forcing everyone to upgrade to pay their lawsuit fees.

Fat forward now tvpad 4 still works, blue TV appears to be a rebranded TVpad 4.

If i was buying a new one I would consider moonbox pro or HTV 5.
    EVAPD PRO also is a good choice.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @neonlight What lawsuit fees ? It clear they haven't and didn't pay anybody.

Tvpad did have onscreen warning to get everyone off their legacy platform LONG before the lawsuit came about. Greedy maybe, but it was long time coming. The only issue was they advertised the service as "lifetime free"
  • @neonlight What lawsuit fees ? It clear they haven't and didn't pay anybody.

Tvpad did have onscreen warning to get everyone off their legacy platform LONG before the lawsuit came about. Greedy maybe, but it was long time coming. The only issue was they advertised the service as "lifetime free"
    You mean this one? they did get a fine http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/korean-networks-win-65-million-821885. Hence a lot of people don't trust them as they lied and said lifetime. Anyone knows in the technology space nothing is lifetime.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member

You mean this one? they did get a fine http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/korean-networks-win-65-million-821885. Hence a lot of people don't trust them as they lied and said lifetime. Anyone knows in the technology space nothing is lifetime.
    After so many lesson finally Tvpad open the back door for Google play store in new version 5.066
  • @neonlight What lawsuit fees ? It clear they haven't and didn't pay anybody.

After so many lesson finally Tvpad open the back door for Google play store in new version 5.066
    Yeah I'm glad they did otherwise when the streaming content goes it will be a brick can't use for anything else. But at least I can use it as a android box with kodi if need be
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Well they can fine them, but it doesn't mean tvpad paid them off.

Do you actually think tvpad paid up the 65 million ? I think not.. This is a Chinese business after all ;)

• Well they can fine them, but it doesn't mean tvpad paid them off.

Do you actually think tvpad paid up the 65 million ? I think not.. This is a Chinese business after all ;)

Business is "I know your weakness, I can beat you down."

As the Youtube and other internet video sharing sites rampant, even people not able to buy unlicensed TV Box doesn't necessary mean customers willing to subscribe the TVB Licensed TV Box as TVB box with too little contents available.

As long as TVPad sharing a portion of profit with TVB, it is a win-win business between TVPad and TVB.