BlueTV Review ~ vs TVPad 4 / HTV3 / Ubox

Comments

• Just buy one you like. Many boxes use the same content provider, if the server is under maintenance, other different boxes will stop working as well.

I don't care how bad the Turbo Box is, but because I used MKTV before, I feel MKTV is a more stable Live and VOD app, so I go for Turbo TV.
    Himedia M6 with MKTV as well.
  • Anyone getting super unstable network on BlueTV storm app? It has been a few days, the only thing works as usual is the live tv. Movies and dramas are not working, and when I try to do update it shows "Network Error"
  • @535four unfortunately the tvpad streams is still the most stable out of bunch

As consumers we are all stuck unless there is another competitor that can step up (other than htv)

Moonbox for sure sure is an alternative
  • Many companies under the lawsuit, it is better to buy a newer one.
  • Hi, i have never used any TVpads before but looking into Bluetv. I'm concerned about it not being legal to stream cantonese TVB contents. Did the service ever shutdown because of that?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @ekferio Yes and no.

Long story short... The original company of Bluetv (TvPad) got suit for streaming, and at the same time they decided to shut down Tvpad 1,2,3 and tried to get people onto Tvpad 4.

A lot of people got upset/mad over the shutdown of the legacy Tvpads and that's where it stands.

There are few alternatives for streaming TVB content and I have to say if you are looking mainly for TVB/Cantonese then BlueTV/TVPad4 is the one to go. HTV is a close second, but the live stream aren't as smooth.

Hope that answers your question.
  • edited December 2016
    @ekferio Yes and no.

Long story short... The original company of Bluetv (TvPad) got suit for streaming, and at the same time they decided to shut down Tvpad 1,2,3 and tried to get people onto Tvpad 4.

A lot of people got upset/mad over the shutdown of the legacy Tvpads and that's where it stands.

There are few alternatives for streaming TVB content and I have to say if you are looking mainly for TVB/Cantonese then BlueTV/TVPad4 is the one to go. HTV is a close second, but the live stream aren't as smooth.

So they stopped service not because of the lawsuit but to get people to buy Tvpad4? Guess I'm trying to understand how they can continue the streaming if being sued.

I have Sling on AppleTV, the streaming is terrible.
  • griffith_101griffith_101 Junior Member
    edited December 2016
    Yeah blutv (australian based user) is really stable for an unlicensed streamed service.

Previously I have also owned a tv pad 1,2,4 and the much cheaper small seven tech tvbox ( ubox clone). Small seven tech is horribly unreliable and from comments I read on the internet the unblocktech box seems just as bad.

The tvpad company, in spite of its past controversy, has been the most reliable thus far. I think its fair for tvpad 3 customers to feel aggrieved by the shutdown, but ppl who owned a tvpad 1 or 2 got more than their moneys worth.

Its naive to believe anyone who claims these are a lifetime one off purchase. 1 to 2 years of tvb and Epl football for 200 bucks is still better than the 50 or 60 bucks a month that tvb jade charges for its cable subscription.

Even if it does get shutdown you can still use blutv as a generic android tv box. i.e youtube,netflix and mxplayer.
    Thanked by 1padman
  • Go for low key brand, WELTV
  • AussieAussie Junior Member
    Does BlueTV work in US?
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Does BlueTV work in US?
    Yes it does. But I suggest you use a wire Internet connection.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @ekferio They are being sued in the US and quite frankly it useless. They only thing DISH/TVB/Korean is to get the US servers provider to turn off their servers. So yea... the lawsuit had nothing to do with anything other than making a big noise in the North American Asian community as newspaper were saying the devices are in jeoperdy and such...

They had a onscreen display for awhile to get people to upgrade to TVpad 4, so it wasn't a sudden move. IIRC, their first "warning" to get people to upgrade from Legacy TVPs started in June/July-ish last year, then the deadline passed and the legacy TVPs were still working. Then after the lawsuit and such, they finally pulled the plugs on legacies in the beginning of this year...
    @ekferio Yes and no.

So they stopped service not because of the lawsuit but to get people to buy Tvpad4? Guess I'm trying to understand how they can continue the streaming if being sued.

I have Sling on AppleTV, the streaming is terrible.
    If the BlueTV is basically a TvPad 4, we should be able to upgrade the software on it and make it as if it were a BlueTV so, we don't need VPN, etc. anyone tried?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Aussie you don't need vpn if you are outside of US
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    tvpad4 without VPN is still working in USA :3
  • tvpad4 and bluetv doesn't need vpn in america
  • edited December 2016
    Got the BlueTV it's nice
    Post edited by ekferio on
    tvpad4 without VPN is still working in USA :3
    Did something change? TvPad4 was not working in US without VPN.
  • tvpad4 without VPN is still working in USA :3
    Did something change? TvPad4 was not working in US without VPN.
    still works
  • @ekferio Yes and no.

There was a suggestion that they shutdown due to the lawsuit against the closed source OS used on TVpad 1 to 3.

Hence they tried moving everyone to 4. But I do believe they were very greedy forcing everyone to upgrade to pay their lawsuit fees.

Fat forward now tvpad 4 still works, blue TV appears to be a rebranded TVpad 4.

If i was buying a new one I would consider moonbox pro or HTV 5.