BlueTV Review ~ vs TVPad 4 / HTV3 / Ubox

Comments

• there are not many people out there who know the real owners :)
    Does that mean TVB and others will not be easy to find who to sue if they want to sue BlueTV? :p
  • there are not many people out there who know the real owners :)
    Does that mean TVB and others will not be easy to find who to sue if they want to sue BlueTV? :p
    I guess that's the idea behind it, yes.
    They still might find it out, but it's definitely more difficult and will take more time.
  • @padman Do you happen to know how to bring up the android settings menu on BlueTV?

Thanks in advance :)
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @BadEgg Connect a mouse to it and drag it from the top
  • I tried dragging the mouse from top before I asked as I thought it would be the same as with TVPad 4. I will try again tomorrow...
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    It is the same, I try it myself
  • Do I need to zoom out the screen before I drag? I am thinking I might have zoomed in the screen too much.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Not sure, I just left everything at default when I tested.
  • Thanks padman, I just tried today again and I've got it! :)
  • Can the BlueTV display 1080p hdmi output? There is a setting in UBox that allows the user to select various hdmi output up to 4K (30Hz) under the Android display settings. I cannot find such setting with BlueTV. I presume BlueTV's maximum hdmi output is 760p as that is what is the maximum achievable for TVPad 4? Am I correct?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @BadEgg I believe so. The max on tvp4 is 720p
  • Hi BadEgg,

Have you decided which one you going for? Same as you I kind of undecided between HTV3 or BlueTV after doing some research in the past 2-3 days. Glad I found this forum :)

• Btw, I also from Australia. Besides using it mainly for asian series/movies...wonder if either HTV3/BlueTV show live English Premier League =/.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @LFighter83 Neither will show EPL. Although htv3 may have more chances at it since there are more channels in it's live tv app.

If you are looking for EPL, probably better to pickup a IPTV sub for $10 or so.
  • Thanks Padman. One of your review you mention HTV have recently pulled their main Live tv app from their app store. So after pulling out, still have more channels than BlueTv?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @LFighter83 You can still install the apk manually. That main live tv app has all the channels.

• Btw, I also from Australia. Besides using it mainly for asian series/movies...wonder if either HTV3/BlueTV show live English Premier League =/.
    Just wondering if you got the Blue TV. I'm waiting for someone who bought one and tested in Australia. Not gonna bother buying unless it's better than tvpad 4
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @neonlight @BadEgg is from Aus
  • Hi BadEgg,

Have you decided which one you going for? Same as you I kind of undecided between HTV3 or BlueTV after doing some research in the past 2-3 days. Glad I found this forum :)

@LFighter83 I have gone for BlueTV. The reason I chose BlueTV is because it is a 'newer' device but at the same time it is essentially a TVPad. I used a TVPad 2 and had friends who used TVPad 3 before they got shut down. The reliability of the TVPad impressed me when the TVPad 1-3 were still in service. The fact that TVPad is one of the most popular Chinese IPTV boxes in the US, Canada and Australia and still able to maintain its reliability is something worth consider for. I cannot say how TVPad 4 performs as I have not used it but from the demos I saw from the shops, I can only say TVPad 4 does load faster than its predecessors and has smooth streaming comparable to TVPad 1-3, if not better. These factors helped my decision in choosing the BlueTV. I thought, If BlueTV is simply a TVPad 4, then BlueTV would not disappoint me (much) :)

From Padman's review and the discussions of HTV in this forum, I learned that the HTV3 is also a reliable device. However, I have not seen or know anyone in Australia personally who have used this device. I did read that the replay app of HTV3 did exhibit skipping but I assume it has now been fixed. Also I have read in this forum about the replay app of not working properly on the odd occasion.

That said, every IPTV box, be it TVPad, HTV, Xiaomi, Moonbox etc would have its downtime every now and then. BlueTV is also no exception. Just the second day I had my new BlueTV, I encountered some streaming issues for a few hours for two days (choppy images). The other reason why I did not go with HTV3 is because HTV pulled their main apps from their App Store. I do not know if this is also the case if I run HTV from Australia but from what I read from here for the US folks this is what happened. I know we can still install the apps from the HTV webpage and I do not mind the little inconvenience in doing so but this restriction to access the App Store worries me a bit. This is a sign (at least to me) of something might yet to come. As Thomas from cntvpad.com mentioned that even there is a lawsuit against BlueTV and ordered to be shut down/needed to place restricted access, it is usually apply to the larger market first (I.e. The US, then Canada..., THEN Australia). This should also hold true for HTV and TVPad. This is the reason why TVPad is restricted in the US and still usable in Australia at the moment. I am prepared to keep purchasing these IPTV boxes when my current one breaks down (or shut down for that matter) as TVBJ just doesn't cut it for me.

I would not mind to have more channels and VOD content than BlueTV currently provides eventhough I only watch Cantonese content with these boxes. Which HTV currently trumps BlueTV (You can never have too much channels and content :p ) I wish BlueTV had as much channels as Unblock Box (and be reliable). The live streaming quality (clarity) of BlueTV could also be improved. I have found that the resolution of the live streaming seems to be lower than UBox's H.265 channels. Who knows, I might get a HTV3 to compare the two and have one as a backup. Padman did say the BlueTV seemed to have better quality though.

As for live English Premier League, as Padman stated that neither BlueTV nor HTV (other than UBox) would have those channels. I think I did see it on CloudTV when they had the free trial but your best option would be subscribe to Optus.

Hope this information could help you decide :)

• Just wondering if you got the Blue TV. I'm waiting for someone who bought one and tested in Australia. Not gonna bother buying unless it's better than tvpad 4
    @neonlight I don't have the TVPad 4 but I heard that the BlueTV and TVPad 4 is basically the same device. It is just the user interface that is different. As you are in Australia and the TVPad is working for you, If I were you, I would not get the BlueTV unless your TVPad 4 is broken! Same as I would not consider the TVPad 4 now that I have the BlueTV as both devices perform the same. If you are concerned that the TVPad 4 will shut down eventually due to the lost lawsuit, just wait for it to shut down before you go out and purchase the BlueTV! What is with TVPad 4 that you are not happy about and think BlueTV might be superior? If you want me to test my BlueTV with anything, just let me know :)