BlueTV Review ~ vs TVPad 4 / HTV3 / Ubox

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    edited October 2016
    I got my box today. I see there's a Chinese and English version of the same app. looks like the box don't have a good wifi reach. So I think it has to be near a strong signal or hard wire in. Overall when it works, it's pretty good.
  • I have the HTV, the BlueTV n the TVPad4 all directly via ethernet connections. In many occassions, when the TVPad4 had problems (usually live), the BlueTV had the same problems. When they had problems, I switched to the HTV. Until, usually a few days later, the HTV had buffering problem which usually mean VOD n Playback also had problems, I switched back to TVPad4 or BlueTV. HTV has more HK old drama than TvPad4 or BlueTV.

I am now in NYC with FIOS internet. Usually TvPad4 has longer no problem play time than HTV.

BlueTV has definitely better loading time than Tvpad4 in getting direct TV or shows. It seem to me BlueTV has more VOD than TvPad4. As Padman mentioned earlier, TvPad4 is problly on the way out.
  • I'm asking this question on behalf of my mother in law:

She is wondering if users would keep their TVPad box on at all time or do you need to turn the box off if not using. She's been keeping it on and now she's worried that the box may overheat. She's trying to make sure she is taking care of the box so that it will last longer. Should she treat the box like a computer (shut down when not in use or keep it on at all times?)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Joyce my mom leaves the tvpad 4 on all the time, no problem whatsoever
  • @Joyce my mom leaves the tvpad 4 on all the time, no problem whatsoever
    Great thanks! @Padman - I read somewhere on the forum where you mentioned that the TVPad4 is reaching the end of it life, is this true? If so, my mother in law will flip out. She's been flipping out with the performance issue lately. If this box decides to shut down, she'd flip!

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @Joyce No, I never once said tvpad4 is reaching end of life.
  • @Joyce No, I never once said tvpad4 is reaching end of life.
    Oh my bad...I actually read the thread right above mine. It was mentioned in @SamOntario 's thread:

"BlueTV has definitely better loading time than Tvpad4 in getting direct TV or shows. It seem to me BlueTV has more VOD than TvPad4. As Padman mentioned earlier, TvPad4 is problly on the way out. "

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @Joyce On the way out meaning the company is phasing the Tvpad branding out and continuing the brand as BlueTv instead.

I believe right now they had stopped selling TVPad4's on their official website (although you can still purchase it from a reseller). That's what I mean by TVPad on the way out.
  • @Joyce my mom leaves the tvpad 4 on all the time, no problem whatsoever
    Great thanks! @Padman - I read somewhere on the forum where you mentioned that the TVPad4 is reaching the end of it life, is this true? If so, my mother in law will flip out. She's been flipping out with the performance issue lately. If this box decides to shut down, she'd flip!

Can I ask whether Blue TV come with Korean Drama in Cantonese?
    For BlueTv users - is anyone experiencing this? If I press the off button, it seems like the box is just on standby mode and not really off. When I turn it on, the connection is slow and most of the time the loading of the app times out. It only works when I unplug the power and plug it back in.
  • If the box is not rooted and not able to install the power on/off app, normally it is not able to turn off. The Turbo TV is with the same situation as well.
  • For the past experiences of the TVPad how they treated us, I would not give them any business at ALL.
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    For the past experiences of the TVPad how they treated us, I would not give them any business at ALL.
    Well said
    I would not recommend bluetv
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Mmmaru what's wrong with blue tv ?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @535four unfortunately the tvpad streams is still the most stable out of bunch

As consumers we are all stuck unless there is another competitor that can step up (other than htv)

• 535four535four Member
    edited November 2016
    @padman I'm not talking about their stablebility, I'm talking about their past reputations, honestality. People has short memory forgot how they are let all the royal customers down and frustration and never come up a solutions, now they came out another re-brand stated it's tvpad 5. Sorry, I would not trust them no more.
    Oh yea.. I forgot, you're at Canada or UK that it's wasn't affected.
    @Mmmaru what's wrong with blue tv ?
    Nothing wrong with it. Just my preference using the different boxes. For the short month of getting it, I had to delete and reinstall the main app to access the different contents. Connectivity is weak especially on wifi. It's not bad but I def prefer htv more.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @535four Well the truth is what good is a company reputation if the stream isn't stable.

At the end of the day is the product/service isn't working as it should, the company reputation will suffer. Just think about Moonbox & Ubox

Yes, it sucks that they cut off Tvpad 1-3 without offering much of a statement but that's Chinese company that's selling unauthorized streams for you. TBH I think they could've salvage some of their reputation by offering some explanation when they cut the legacy TVPads off. Although I have to say TVP 1-2 are expected to get shut off, they had the "upgrade your unit" warning for well over a year. But TVP3 being shut down was a kick in the nuts.

Just my 2 cents