Ub Launcher 3.3.4 + OTA 20160325 Update

Comments

• you have the file can share? my doesn't update
    Sorry the ubox prompted me for the update. It did take me 3 goes as the first two times nothing happened when I clicked update.
  • Just received update on Ubox to update oversea version to 4.06.
    To update or not? Have anyone out there updated yet? Will cause any disruption to the app? I am now using 3.3.4 oversea version, everything OK for me. Do not know if update to 4.0.6 any problem? Have not update yet.
    Updated only an hour ago so not really tested but it looks good. I have not tried UBTV yet but have been watching TVB series on UVOD and so far so good. This app didn't quite work on 3.1.0 for me previously. ULive doesn't load maybe I have to leave it on longer but will try again later.
  • Just received update on Ubox to update oversea version to 4.06.
    To update or not? Have anyone out there updated yet? Will cause any disruption to the app? I am now using 3.3.4 oversea version, everything OK for me. Do not know if update to 4.0.6 any problem? Have not update yet.
    Updated only an hour ago so not really tested but it looks good. I have not tried UBTV yet but have been watching TVB series on UVOD and so far so good. This app didn't quite work on 3.1.0 for me previously. ULive doesn't load maybe I have to leave it on longer but will try again later.
    Pls try your ubtv, does it work fine?
  • Pls try your ubtv, does it work fine?
    Just quickly tried UBTV and scrolled through the different channels. Had it on for about one minute for each channel I tried. TVB, Pearl, J2, J5, News, Viu all loaded and streaming perfectly.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited May 2016
    I have just installed 4.0.6 for my S800. It was on 3.1.0 as it kept downgraded from 3.3.4. Will have to see how this new one goes.
    I have same problem on my ubox. I have a third party 'Simple TV Launcher' installed previously to overcome the launcher blinking problem which afflicted 3.1.0.

Update: the 4.0.6 winlauncher update popup finally appeared on my ubox today.

I just accepted the 4.0.6 update, and I can confirm after shutting down and restarting my ubox a few times, winlauncher now stays on 4.0.6 and does not revert back to 3.1.0. My ubox still defaults to using Simple TV Launcher on boot up btw.

The AppMarket tile offered to update itself when selected.

UBTV, UBrec and UVOD still working after (and before) the 4.0.6 update. I don't think it changed anything to these apps.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • edited May 2016
    No prompt to update for me, went to Upgrade app and searched Network for update but it says "No new firmware found"
    No prompt to update for me, went to Upgrade app and searched Network for update but it says "No new firmware found"
    I also tried the 'Upgrade' app earlier with no luck.

I think it is because the 4.0.6 update is not an OTA 'firmware' update for the ubox. 4.0.6 is just a UB winlauncher app update and I guess the app has its own internal update checking mechanism but don't quote me.

Try rebooting the ubox a few times, the 4.0.6 update may appear when you select the Online TV tile, or the Settings icon on bottom of the launcher page.

• The AppMarket tile offered to update itself when selected
    There seems to be a lot less app tiles inside the app market.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited May 2016
    You can try it , if you dislike you can uninstall the update it will rolled back to 3.3.4. I sticked with 3.3.4 after I tried but it's personal preference.
  • ProstProst Junior Member
    You can try it , if you dislike you can uninstall the update it will rolled back to 3.3.4. I sticked with 3.3.4 after I tried but it's personal preference.
    How to uninstall the update?

edited May 2016
    I think you go to Android Settings -> Apps

You should be able to find UB winlauncher 4.0.6 to be able to uninstall it.

If your ubox reverts to a very old version of UB winlauncher, such as 3.1 or 3.2, you will then have to install winlauncher 3.3.4 apk - see the post by killer23d on March 30th in this thread.

http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/675/ub-launcher-3-3-4-ota-20160325-update/p2
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • 535four535four Member
    Yes, system setting app, just uninstall update and it will rolled back your last version.
  • Yes, system setting app, just uninstall update and it will rolled back your last version.
    Want to uninstall 4.0.6 version but ( win launcher) system say all updates to this andriod system app will be uninstalled and also say do you want to replace this app with the factory version? If I uninstall, will it go back to version 3.3.4? Please help
    edited May 2016
    See my earlier post. You can manually download from link provided by killer23d to a flash drive, and install 3.3.4 apk if your factory version on ubox is not 3.3.4.
  • I got the 4.06 update prompt when I turn on the box earlier and I accepted the update. But after that my UBTV app doesn't work anymore. It will load for a few seconds and give an error in Chinese saying something like "wait to connect to server" sometimes I would see an English message below "failed to connect to global server". I'm not sure what my version was before the 4.06 update.

I did go to apps and uninstalled the 4.06 UB launcher this reverted me to 3.1.0_android_oversea. But the problem with UBTV is still the same as it won't load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • I also tried the 3.3.4 and 4.0.3 apk UB launcher found on this thread but same error message with UBTV app.
    edited May 2016
    I think the problems with UBTV, UVOD and UBrec is to do with the servers being down since yesterday evening.

I don't think it has anything to do with the version of winlauncher which you have confirmed.

I've done a binary file compare of the UBTV, UVOD and UBrec APKs before and after installing 4.0.6 launcher, and there is no difference in the APK files. ie. no evidence to suggest the apps were replaced.

UBTV_7.9.apk
    UB回看_2.0.apk
    UVOD_20160321.apk
    Thanked by 1firestorm
  • I think the problems with UBTV, UVOD and UBrec is to do with the servers being down since yesterday evening.

I don't think it has anything to do with the version of winlauncher.

I've done a binary file compare of the UBTV, UVOD and UBrec APKs before and after installing 4.0.6 launcher, and there is no difference in the APK files. ie. no evidence to suggest the apps were updated.

UBTV_7.9.apk
    UB回看_2.0.apk
    UVOD_20160321.apk
    That's my suspicion as well. But I was using it about 30 minutes before I turned it off and turned it on again and saw the update. What a coincidence that after the update the servers went down.
  • BTW, this is my brother's UBOx and he only lent it to me while he is on vacation. So I don't know too much about the update/firmware version. I took a look at the about mediabox.

Firmware version is Homlet4.4.2-Qin2-v1.0release

Kernel version : 3.4.39
    hush1305@ubuntu12-64 #10
    Fri Oct 30 10:42:47 CST 2015

Model Number Global_Edition_S800

Do I have the latest firmware?

Thanks.
    edited May 2016
    The info you provided is same as my 3 month old ubox. You also need to check the 'Build Number'.

dolphin_fvd_p1-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H 20160325 test-keys