Ub Launcher 3.3.4 + OTA 20160325 Update

Comments

• The OTA file 20160325 contains very minor updates, I really doubt they will create a brand new image for that particular built.

Here's the ublauncher 3.3.4 for those who want to install manually via File Manager.
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E48F81EF74C1A10C!148&authkey=!AFHLdaSx1IodVHE&ithint=file,apk
  • Have you tried manually applying the small 20160325 OTA Upgrade zip file found here?
    http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/668/restore-factory-image-for-s800-to-20160126-for-the-experienced#latest
    Bamby8, do I simply extract the zip and replace whatever are there using ES file manager come with the box? Correct me if I am wrong, thanks.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited April 2016
    I 'think' you copy the zip file to SD card (or usb flash drive), and then use the 'Upgrade' app which you will find in 'APP' menu and install the zip using 'Local' option.

Please note I don't know if anyone has actually tested this method and the ZIP file. It could brick you Ubox in worse case scenario.

See also the most recent comments posted on 30 March in this thread on same subject:

http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/668/restore-factory-image-for-s800-to-20160126-for-the-experienced#latest

---------

The issue for my Ubox, is winlauncher 3.3.4 is missing from Settings->Apps->'Downloaded', but I can see 3.1.0 if I look under 'All', hence why it keeps prompting to update almost every time the ubox is switched on.

My main concern is the Build Number on my ubox shows 20160325, which indicates it was updated by last week's OTA update and is supposed to contain 3.3.4. It is not clear if it is safe to reinstall the OTA update zip, if the box thinks it is already installed? Last thing I want to do is brick it. I would guess there is some sort of version checking and the OTA zip may just simply refuse to install because it sees it has previously been applied.

I will continue to wait to see if UB come up with a proper fix, perhaps another OTA release.

Update: I've noticed the SYSTEM\APP folder contains both winlauncher 3.1.0 and 3.3.4 APKs....!

ES Explorer lists the files as:
    anboLauncher_v3.1.0_sign.apk
    anboLauncher_v3.3.4_sign.apk
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • I 'think' you copy the zip file to SD card (or usb flash drive), and then use the 'Upgrade' app which you will find in 'APP' menu and install the zip using 'Local' option.

Please note I don't know if anyone has actually tested this method and the ZIP file. It could brick you Ubox in worse case scenario.

See also the most recent comments posted on 30 March in this thread on same subject:

---------

The issue for my Ubox, is winlauncher 3.3.4 is missing from Settings->Apps->'Downloaded', but I can see 3.1.0 if I look under 'All', hence why it keeps prompting to update almost every time the ubox is switched on.

My main concern is the Build Number on my ubox shows 20160325, which indicates it was updated by last week's OTA update and is supposed to contain 3.3.4. It is not clear if it is safe to reinstall the OTA update zip, if the box thinks it is already installed? Last thing I want to do is brick it. I would guess there is some sort of version checking and the OTA zip may just simply refuse to install because it sees it has previously been applied.

I will continue to wait to see if UB come up with a proper fix, perhaps another OTA release.

Update: I've noticed the SYSTEM\APP folder contains both winlauncher 3.1.0 and 3.3.4 APKs....!
    I did not modify the OTA zip file in any way, it is safe to flash via Update -> Local.

Since you said system\app has 2 win launcher APK, that's where your problem is. I can make an OTA update for you if you can spell me the exact file names of those Win Launcher APK. It's really just a script to delete one of it. Supposedly there should be only one exist.

This really proved my point that UB is lacking some quality testing, they probably tests updates from 1 version prior and not everything. They at least should offer a full ROM update so that people who can't do OTA or if the OTA screws up, it gives an opportunity to flash offline.

• bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Tnx for your offer to make an OTA update to delete one of the winlaunchers.

But I want to hold off 'fixing' my Ubox for now. I want to wait and see what UB do about the problem.

I noticed more ppl are posting on UB's facebook page complaining about the repeating 3.3.4 updates. UB can't continue to ignore the complaints.
  • I'm also holding off on the update, ulive is working fine...that keeps dad & grandpa happy for now....lets see how this goes
  • Looks like they pulled the 0326 OTA update. I reset the box and in the Update app, it just says no new updates now.

I guess they realized their mistake and the person who tested the software should be shot.
  • Hi all, just wanted to check what the consensus was on performing this update...every time i power on it still continues to ask me if i want to do the version 3.3.4 update, and i've heard alot of chaos surrounding this issue, can somebody advise me on the best option...its kinda annoying to get the popup every time, and i'm also wondering if the new 3.3.4 version has somewhat corrected the ulive buffering/stability problems
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    3.34 is working fine with me for many weeks now. As of yesterday, ULive stop working but UBTV is still ok. UREC and UVOD still have issues.
  • If you want to watch tv*'s drama, go to ublive and select vod.
  • This OTA update was provided as a convenience to the forum. It has been removed by Unblock Tech because it will produce the constant update problem.

I will not advise using this OTA update if you have NOT done it. Otherwise, you will have to reset the box to factory with the SD card method.

It sucks that they don't even offer a full ROM download, it will fix a lot of these problem.
  • Here is the link to latest OTAs if you are interested to try,

http://yun.baidu.com/share/home?uk=2654569005#category/type=0
  • ProstProst Junior Member

4.0.5 now...
  • golddragongolddragon Junior Member

4.0.5 now...
    Do I have to factory rest first before I upgrade to version 4.0.5? please advice the instructions.
    Thanks
  • 535four535four Member
    I prefer 3.3.4 :)
  • I have just installed 4.0.6 for my S800. It was on 3.1.0 as it kept downgraded from 3.3.4. Will have to see how this new one goes.
  • tvbolontvbolon Junior Member
    you have the file can share? my doesn't update
    I have just installed 4.0.6 for my S800. It was on 3.1.0 as it kept downgraded from 3.3.4. Will have to see how this new one goes.
  • edited May 2016
    Just received update on Ubox to update oversea version to 4.06.
    To update or not? Have anyone out there updated yet? Will cause any disruption to the app? I am now using 3.3.4 oversea version, everything OK for me. Do not know if update to 4.0.6 any problem? Have not update yet.