Unblocktech UBox Gen 2 Review

Comments

• vectorvector Junior Member
    Last night I took the plunge and made the purchase of the UB Box on EBay listed as:

Unblock Tech Gen.2 Plus TV Box Chinese Channel 安博盒子 Android Set Top IPTV UBOX
    Latest version 1G RAM! Not Old S800 512M RAM! 正式美國授權代理.

Upon arrival I shall advise on the setup procedure and the "happy scale" of the primary watcher.
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    I bought mine from the same place on Ebay, but just the S800 512MB version. Very fast shipping the box out and excellent proactive as well as responsive support trying to resolve my HDMI output issue.
    Hi.
    I purchased one from Ebay. It wokrs well & plenty of HD channel. Take a look if you are interesting,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301814678688

Owen

• Mine is Oversea version with 1GB ram
    I bought mine from the same place on Ebay, but just the S800 512MB version. Very fast shipping the box out and excellent proactive as well as responsive support trying to resolve my HDMI output issue.
    Hi.
    I purchased one from Ebay. It wokrs well & plenty of HD channel. Take a look if you are interesting,

Owen

• sleeslee Just Watchin`
    The oversea plus version needs to be shipped from Hong Kong, so I bought the 512MB S800 version and I received it in 2 days. I am glad I did it because my TVPAD 3 finally stopped working yesterday. I got another week or so of TVPAD 3's Live stream and VOD use after I changed to DNS 49. Now that I don't care about that company anymore and goodbye TVPAD!
    Mine is Oversea version with 1GB ram
    Hi.

Owen

• Me also. Goodbye TVPADDDD!
    The oversea plus version needs to be shipped from Hong Kong, so I bought the 512MB S800 version and I received it in 2 days. I am glad I did it because my TVPAD 3 finally stopped working yesterday. I got another week or so of TVPAD 3's Live stream and VOD use after I changed to DNS 49. Now that I don't care about that company anymore and goodbye TVPAD!
    Hi.

Owen

• echeng2echeng2 Junior Member
    I returned my 2nd router a few days ago and said goodbye to TVPad.

TVPad, R.I.P !
    Me also. Goodbye TVPADDDD!
    Hi.

Owen

• ZipoZipo Junior Member
    It does work. Just the old post need to be copied manually.
    alexlihawaii;4050 said:
    Padman, New forum software can't shown Chinese Character...............
    I too can't see the Chinese character sometime with the new software, it just show ???? Instead. I am using iPad with the latest update, no a big deal but make reading a little guessing game, thank you for doing this, it have been very helpful
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Report the posts that is showing ????, I will manually copy them over
    alexlihawaii;4050 said:
    I too can't see the Chinese character sometime with the new software, it just show ???? Instead. I am using iPad with the latest update, no a big deal but make reading a little guessing game, thank you for doing this, it have been very helpful
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    Report the posts that is showing ????, I will manually copy them over
    alexlihawaii;4050 said:
    Thank you Padman for your reply, I don't know how to attached the pictures of the posts, but on my iPad it showed the ??? On page 2 from "cash cow" and "alexlihawaii" and page 3 from "slee" just a few examples
    The UB Box should arrive in the mail today. I trust the instruction are in English...somebody please tell me the instructions are in English.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @vector yes there are english instructions, although the setup is pretty self explanatory
    Thank you! Hopefully this will go smoothly...for my sake it had better!!
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Zipo Fixed those 2 posts. Let me know if you find other ones that need fixing.

@vector haha its really just plug and play. If you can use a android phone you can use the UB box LOL
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    @Zipo Fixed those 2 posts. Let me know if you find other ones that need fixing.

@vector haha its really just plug and play. If you can use a android phone you can use the UB box LOL
    Thanks, page 3, 2 posts from slee on December 25, 1 short and 1 long post with ???? and same day, when alexlihawaii replied your post and the reply is at the bottom. I guess half correctly
    It appears the USPS is only kidding about the 2 day delivery promise....
  • alexlihawaiialexlihawaii Just Watchin`
    It appears the USPS is only kidding about the 2 day delivery promise....
    Priority Mail is guarantee 2 to 3 days...................
    Thank's alexlihawaii,

I guess the name "Priority Mail 2-Day" is a government-speak for "2...well maybe 3 and possible 4"...thanks for the information.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @vector they are probably counting "business day", I think yesterday counted as half business day :p
    To quote Scarlet..."...tomorrow is another day...". Hopefully Friday the unit shall arrive.
  • edited January 2016
    chinese char. didnt show or show with ??? meant wrong font use by use Arial font will fixed or maybe not. In Kodi we need to use Arial font for chinese char. to show up. I hope it help.