Unblocktech UBox Gen 2 Review

Comments

• owenowen TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    BY the way, I switch to composite cables .... it does the same thing. I guess the last I can test is switching the TV to my 22" LED to see after my dinner party tonight .

Owen
  • wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    Hi

Are you able to check that you are having the S8000plusedition under about mediabox in setting.
    Mine is saying Global Edition S8000, so not sure mine is the 3rd generation.
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    Mine is just the S800 Global Edition, not the S800PLUS "Overseas" version. I bought it from ebay and shipped within Ontraio, so not much waiting time and no worry for Customs tax..... I do see the "plus" sold on ebay in Ontario as well, but the seller's rating seems not that solid and I so don't want to risk....
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    My received UB Box was defaulted in PAL outout with the composite cables, hard but still able to see if needed, to set back to NTSC in the display setting. Then I can see color and normal on screen.
  • parkourwuparkourwu Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    can u tell me which website your guys bought this ub box?
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    just goto ebay and look for unblock tech gen.2
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    not sure about Gen.2 Plus oversea edition, if you look at ebay item http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unblock-Tech-TV-Box-Gen2-IPTV-Tad4-UBOX-II-S800-Plus-Overseas-USA-/121841927838?hash=item1c5e58469e:g:B3oAAOSw1S9WcZES it states Gen 2 plus overseas but if you goto description it just states S800 Global edition as model and what's included in box
  • owenowen TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    Mine is called Gen.2_S8000plus_Overseas. Still cannot see when I power it up. Flashing on the screen during the main menu choose Languages.
  • alexlihawaiialexlihawaii Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    Padman, New forum software can't shown Chinese Character...............
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    It does work. Just the old post need to be copied manually.
    Padman, New forum software can't shown Chinese Character...............
  • vectorvector Junior Member
    "She who must be obeyed" has advised it would be in my best interest if she is able to enjoy her Korean TV ASAP. In order to comply with this "request", I poise a question to those more knowledgeable than I...:

The now defunct TVPad3 was hardwired to the computer via MoCA... http://www.actiontec.com/251.html ... Does the UB Box gen 2 Plus accept a hardwire connection or is this unit wifi only?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @vector It can do both
    "She who must be obeyed" has advised it would be in my best interest if she is able to enjoy her Korean TV ASAP. In order to comply with this "request", I poise a question to those more knowledgeable than I...:

The now defunct TVPad3 was hardwired to the computer via MoCA... http://www.actiontec.com/251.html ... Does the UB Box gen 2 Plus accept a hardwire connection or is this unit wifi only?
    Thank you Padman...you're going to have to change your name.

Do you know if the "newest and best" UB Box is the 1 GB RAM model as listed in the discription?

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @vector based on what other have said, the 1GB ram version is the best version out.
    Thank you Padman...you're going to have to change your name.

Do you know if the "newest and best" UB Box is the 1 GB RAM model as listed in the discription?

• gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    lol Vector that is funny. I'm using Ubox for Korean Live now and it's great. however, keep in mind that it does give you 8 pages of Korean channel most are duplicates, and that some channels do seem to get croweded with connection time to time, but if you switch to other channel seems to work fine for me, tried to connecting to MBC HD didn't connect, so used second MBC, didn't connect used third MBC (standby) and it worked fine, quality , welll although it doesn't say HD, it looks HD to me atleast not normal SD that you were seeing with TVpad SD channel. both WiFi and LAN connection works fine, for TVPAD2 there were issue with using WiFi but with UBOX either way it plays fine, also that VOD app for UBOX, you can back it up and install it on any android iptv and works fine as well. for me. I wanted something now. so ordered one through ebay, who claims to be authorized dealer (which honestly I don't think they are) their price was definately higher than others, but had the fastest shipping date so got it and turned out it was not latest model. but oh well. that's failure on my part wanting something right now compared to waiting for one shipped from China or other USA seller
    gqone76...

thank you for your input, I may try to pick your brain a bit later. when you bought the UB Box, did it state the 1GB of Ram or the 512mb?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @gqone76 Thanks for updating about that duplicate channel issue. Do you have anything more to add with your experience? I'm gonna update my review.
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    well honestly, I'm not sure duplicate channels are issues, it seems what they are trying to do is setup multiple content provider and stream from each, so if one goes down users can use others to still watch, bit confusing and would definately help if they arrange all the same channels ontop of each other. seems like 3 different servers tending live Korean channels one for HD one for other one for standby but to me all I've checked were almost near HD quality, some you could tell that letters are that clear, however images didn't break up as how it did for SD channels in TVPAD.
    my model only came with 512 ram which sux but it still works fine, and hidden adult content well, have tested it. lol
    other thing good about ubox is that remote comes with power /volume control for tv itself where moonbox didn't have any
  • jacwon61jacwon61 Junior Member
    Hello Padman,
    Thanks for the info regarding the UB box. Friend of mine in Hong Kong is also using the UB box, and he said it is very reliable. I definitely interested in buying one to replace my TVPad 3. I am giving up my hope in TVPad 3. Do you know any reliable seller?
    Thanks.
    Happy New Year!
  • Hi.
    I purchased one from Ebay. It wokrs well & plenty of HD channel. Take a look if you are interesting,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301814678688

Owen
    Hello Padman,
    Thanks for the info regarding the UB box. Friend of mine in Hong Kong is also using the UB box, and he said it is very reliable. I definitely interested in buying one to replace my TVPad 3. I am giving up my hope in TVPad 3. Do you know any reliable seller?
    Thanks.
    Happy New Year!