PSA: VPN Unlimited deal for all TVPads

Comments

• Orca4wdOrca4wd Member
    edited December 2015
    Dear Dragon - From my experience that can resolve the "VPN service was not started due to internal exception" is to perform a factory restore and re-install the 23 apps + VPN Unlimited app. Go into the 'Settings" tab in your TVP4 device, select "Restore" screen then hit the "Restore Now" button. All your apps will be erased in the internal storage after the restored. So you'll want to be familiar yourself with side loading apps. Every time you install VPN client, even by un-installed current app in the same device will activate another device in your account. You can only delete one device in a week. Good luck..

Dragon Wrote:
    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > This is my first time posting something here but I
    > have been reading many of the threads since the
    > TVPad went offline. I have a TVPad 4 with 5.06 as
    > its firmware. I am interested in the VPN solution
    > that padman posted. I joined VPN unlimited
    > yesterday, downloaded the app and installed it
    > into the TVPad and try to connect to a server like
    > others here, I too got an internal exception error
    > and it won't connect. I read that you need an
    > openvpn profile from VPN unlimited which I
    > received this morning. Now, I have no idea what I
    > should do with it. Please can any of you computer
    > experts out there help me out please? Many thanks
    > in advance.
  • DragonDragon Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Thank you for your response. I did try the restore TVPad but I am still getting the internal exception error. Not sure what to do next?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Did you try changing your dns when you loaded the vpnunlimited app ?

Dragon Wrote:
    > Thank you for your response. I did try the restore
    > TVPad but I am still getting the internal
    > exception error. Not sure what to do next?
    edited December 2015
    No I did not. I just left it as it was after restore system which was on auto. Shall I change it? If so, which DNS shall I use? Thanks
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    No you shouldn't change it. I just asked as I had experienced issue with install vpn apk and changing dns.

When you did a restore, did you install anything else first or just try it with vpn ?

Dragon Wrote:
    > No I did not. I just left it as it was after
    > restore system which was on auto. Shall I change
    > it? If so, which DNS shall I use? Thanks
    edited December 2015
    I have restore again and install the VPN Unlimited app along with the 23 app APK. I have signed in and started the connection to Japan server and now it just stuck between starting and configuring for the last 5 min. Please help
  • Orca4wdOrca4wd Member
    edited December 2015
    This is just a suggestion as I haven't try this. There is a "ES File Explorer File Manger_v4.0.3.1_apkpure.com.apk" app that I installed to manage files, a section where you can go in to VPN Unlimited app to clear cache and clear data. You may need to exit VPN Unlimited app and then launch to input your logon credentials. I am planning to use this management tool to back-up only the apps in TPV4 for ease of future factory restore.

Dragon Wrote:
    > I have restore again and install the VPN Unlimited
    > app along with the 23 app APK. I have signed in
    > and started the connection to Japan server and now
    > it just stuck between starting and configuring for
    > the last 5 min. Please help
    edited December 2015
    Dear Lbe, After I installed all the VPN Unlimited files into OpenVPN. Its gave me Certificate Verification Failed after I try to connect, do you know why? Do I need need to log into VPN Unlimited app first or is there a place where I can input my username and password in OpenVPN? I don't really understand what Certificate Verification Failed means? Sorry for the stupid questions!!
  • fustratedfustrated TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    For clearing cache, cookie & data, the Quick App setting app https://apkpure.com/quick-app-setting/com.pandaz.app.quick
    as suggested by BennyLam (a few posts up)
    is an easier tool to use.
    The interface is exactly the same as the ones on most Android phones
  • skywrx02@gmail.com[email protected] Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Dear BennyLam & fustrated,

I still could not connect to VPN server after I used the Quick App setting app to clear the cache cookie & data. sorry to bother you guys again.

fustrated Wrote:
    > For clearing cache, cookie & data, the Quick App
    > setting app
    > https://apkpure.com/quick-app-setting/com.pandaz.a
    > pp.quick
    > as suggested by BennyLam (a few posts up)
    > is an easier tool to use.
    > The interface is exactly the same as the ones on
    > most Android phones
  • Orca4wdOrca4wd Member
    edited December 2015
    You may already know or checked it ...Have you sign into your account to verify sill have a open device(s)? You can only add up to 5 devices and allow to delete one device per week.

https://vpn.keepsolid.com/

[email protected] Wrote:
    > Dear BennyLam & fustrated,
    >
    > I still could not connect to VPN server after I
    > used the Quick App setting app to clear the cache
    > cookie & data. sorry to bother you guys again.
    >
    >
    > fustrated Wrote:
    >
    >
    > > For clearing cache, cookie & data, the Quick
    > App
    > > setting app
    > >
    > https://apkpure.com/quick-app-setting/com.pandaz.a
    >
    > > pp.quick
    > > as suggested by BennyLam (a few posts up)
    > > is an easier tool to use.
    > > The interface is exactly the same as the ones
    > on
    > > most Android phones
  • BennyLamBennyLam TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    Other than factory reset or clear cache, I really don't know what else can be done.

Perhaps after you reset the box, side load nothing but the VPNunlimited app and see if you can logon.

Also, make sure you haven't used up the 5 device quota as different logon method from the same machine is counted as different device.

Have you tried the OPENVPN method yet? I have no problem using OPENVPN to connect to VPN Gate server, but I haven't try the VPNUnlmited server because I ran out of free device.

[email protected] Wrote:
    > Dear BennyLam & fustrated,
    >
    > I still could not connect to VPN server after I
    > used the Quick App setting app to clear the cache
    > cookie & data. sorry to bother you guys again.
    >
    edited December 2015
    Hi BennyLam, When I use OpenVPN, I got Certificate Verification Failed when I try to connect. I have installed all the files that VPN Unlimited send me. Do you know what else I can do. I too have try clear cache, clear data, restore, install/reinstall and just about everything else and nothing is working, either VPN Unlimited app or OpenVPN app. Any suggestions would be great appricated
  • Orca4wdOrca4wd Member
    edited December 2015
    Dragon - The connection to your account is encrypted, it's just that their server doesn't have the necessary CA (ceritificate authority) certs to confirm that your certificate is valid. I bet is either your sign on ID or password is not correct, or like BennyLam said you may have exceeded the 5 device quota. Go into this link [vpn.keepsolid.com] to sign on to your VPN Unlimited account to make sure you still have an active device. You can only delete one device per week or contact VPN Unlimited tech support to help you with removing devices from your account should your exceeded the limit. Good luck and let us know...

Dragon Wrote:
    > Hi BennyLam, When I use OpenVPN, I got Certificate
    > Verification Failed when I try to connect. I have
    > installed all the files that VPN Unlimited send
    > me. Do you know what else I can do. I too have try
    > clear cache, clear data, restore,
    > install/reinstall and just about everything else
    > and nothing is working, either VPN Unlimited app
    > or OpenVPN app. Any suggestions would be great
    > appricated
  • KinyoKinyo Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    i have the same problem that after power off tvpad .the vpn unlimited app not working anymore even clean cache. anyone know how to fix this or is there another app to use for vpn unlimited?
    edited December 2015
    Orca4wd, I have checked and I have 2 open space left so I know thats not it. You mentioned that there may be an error on sign on ID or password is not correct. That is just it, I can not find a place to enter this information on the OpenVPN app? I have looked everywhere. Do you know where is it to enter the sign in and password information?
  • fustratedfustrated TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    @Dragon,
    If the app you are referring to is the Open VPN connect .apk, then you can import a VPNUnlimited config file (*.ovpn), and connect to it.

I just tried it using a Android tablet, and I was able to connect to HK server this way.
    edited December 2015
    Frustrated,

You are right. I have install this app and added all the files VPN Unlimited send me but what I am missing is the log in screen to enter my username?? See below. Because of this I am getting Certificate Verification Failed error

openvpn-connect-003.jpg
  • BennyLamBennyLam TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    I think the personalized server profiles sent from VPNunlimited include the user name and password, therefore, logon credentials are not required by OPENVPN Connect. When I used the VPN Gate servers, I didn't have to keyin the credentials either.

Seems that because TVPad4 does not have the Google Play Service active, many Android apps behave strangely. I installed Easy OpenVPN on my cellphone and it picked up the VPN Gate servers automatically and was able to logon to a server easily. But when I installed it on the TVPad, it couldn't pick up any so it was no use at all.

Just for fun, I purposely messed up the VPNunlimited connection on my TVPad and eventually lost it. After wipe cache and data, I still couldn't logon and got the dreadful "internal exception" message. I then cold boot the machine and restarted the VPNunlimted app, picked a server and turned it on. The service swtich changed from "grey off" to "blue on" but said VPN Connection was off at the bottom. I pressed exit button twice to leave the app and went back to the home screen. Five minutes later, I started the VPN app again and found the server was connected and I was able to change server at will again afterwards.

So people having problems logon to the sever, don't give up, just keep trying. But needless to say, the router method is more reliable.
    edited December 2015
    I have left mine on all night as describe above but its still doing the same, Just curious, is your TVPAD connected to the router via ethernet cable for WIFI?
This discussion has been closed.