moonbox stuck logo - m3s fix custom firmware

1235»

Comments

• This is a very simple matter, do not make things complicated, all Moonbox is locked by its MBUI launcher, then whatever your M3, M3S, Moonbox pro, Moonbox C, just root your device and then delete MBUI. To replace a new launch, it's that simple that everyone can do.
    Yes you can do that. But having TWRP Restore file is better as it will come with the new apps and update that some people might not have access to. One click rooting apps also don't work on all devices and some are running different boards and firmware.
  • edited December 2017
    I have a model call "moon box tv" that runs on android 6 marshmallow. Some point yesterday the box resets itself and erases most of the apps. Last night for the first time I see the logo and mac address at the corner screen. I unplugged the box and used a different launcher than MBUI, so far the screen hadn't came back. I'm wondering if anyone has moon box vod apps apk files that I can download, since app garden no longer works.

Edit: There were a few surprises when I went about fixing this MBUI issue. First, in order to delete an android system app such as MBUI, I need the root user's privilege. So I used an app called "kingoroot", but it told me that my moon box was already rooted. Make a long story short, I installed super su pro, titanium backup pro, and ES file explore pro. wich meant I was able to delete MBUI along with all the useless moon box apps. Finally able to backup the KODI with all its data. Now I shouldn't have to worry about the stuck log issue anymore.
    Post edited by hawkwind212 on
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    I just made a firmware for black moonbox m3, based on the official firmware only to remove the MBUI, Can anyone test it?Because I do not have moonbox m3.

Upgrade package: https://mega.nz/#!xdwmkRqS!w5-85LyFgZJrA6kqiTBPmwQowDWzKWPSH5Mirgw835U

benxiong,

Why shafa launcher? it's horrible, it's spyware, its constantly running, no way to disable it, forces its way to be your launcher even after you installed and select another launcher (becomes default launcher after you reboot few times).

• Why shafa launcher? it's horrible, it's spyware, its constantly running, no way to disable it, forces its way to be your launcher even after you installed and select another launcher (becomes default launcher after you reboot few times).
    I'm using a paid launcher from Google store call "TV launcher 2," it's simple and easy to customize. But there are plenty of free android tv launchers in the store.
  • edited December 2017
    Hi , I tried to reset the M3 (open my box and press the white button on the circuit board) while I plug in the power but it won't start up to recovery mode, Am I doing the wrong way, please teach me how can I reset my M3 (Black)

Thank you.

• haha, right now my M3 stuck into the grey logo page and cannot run anything
  • haha, right now my M3 stuck into the grey logo page and cannot run anything
    I’m on the same boat, can’t get it to go to reset / recovery mode. Tried with the reset button and the remote method. I have the A805 V1.3. Any help is appreciated.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member

Why shafa launcher? it's horrible, it's spyware, its constantly running, no way to disable it, forces its way to be your launcher even after you installed and select another launcher (becomes default launcher after you reboot few times).
    I'm using a paid launcher from Google store call "TV launcher 2," it's simple and easy to customize. But there are plenty of free android tv launchers in the store.
    Did you read what I wrote? I already installed another launcher, but if you power off your box few times it will jump back to shafa launcher. You can't disable the shafa launcher or uninstall it.
  • edited January 2018

Did you read what I wrote? I already installed another launcher, but if you power off your box few times it will jump back to shafa launcher. You can't disable the shafa launcher or uninstall it.
    What you need is to root your box and use root file browser to delete shafa market. My moon box came rooted, hence, I had no problem deleting any app. Check and see if your box is already rooted, if not, try app call "kingoroot." ACtually, just search and download kingoroot, and once you open it, it will tell you right away that if your box is rooted or not.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member

What you need is to root your box and use root file browser to delete shafa market. My moon box came rooted, hence, I had no problem deleting any app. Check and see if your box is already rooted, if not, try app call "kingoroot." ACtually, just search and download kingoroot, and once you open it, it will tell you right away that if your box is rooted or not.
    Been there done that! Mine was not rooted and already tried kingoroot but no dice. If I had root I wouldn't be complaining about Shafa. Kingoroot goes online to check but fails everytime, tried different versions, updated etc. You sure you have a M3 and not a M3s?
  • Can anyone help me out here? My box is a m3 A805 V1.3. I can not for the life of me get it to go into recovery mode with the reset button on the PCB. The second method of trying the home and power button doesn’t work either. I can’t even try the files because I can’t get into recovery mode.

• I just made a firmware for black moonbox m3, based on the official firmware only to remove the MBUI, Can anyone test it?Because I do not have moonbox m3.

Upgrade package: https://mega.nz/#!dJR3hLzS!wvX0jSDwOA-rlGZaFl_cudZoQIg0S5u4BQMSuE1p-Zk

Easier way: the device is restored to the factory reset, do not connect to the network, install a new launcher, press the remote home button, it will let you choose, select always, and then go to "Settings" ☞ " app "☞" System app "☞" MBUI "Clear data, reboot, if asked again after boot, please do not select MBUI, connect to the network.

Mpro_custom
    https://mega.nz/#!9JoHDZjK!MSfkS7V8-yQ1ODjzMgapMft49iH64FH8Aoc1uaMMPBg
    Thanks a lot! I managed to backup my default Moonbox Pro with TWRP with all partitions before restoring your custom image.

So exactly happens is MBUI is removed and two different launchers are given.

This way you can still use the box. I tested FastFish VOD and TV apps no longer works even when I have subscription left

• Been there done that! Mine was not rooted and already tried kingoroot but no dice. If I had root I wouldn't be complaining about Shafa. Kingoroot goes online to check but fails everytime, tried different versions, updated etc. You sure you have a M3 and not a M3s?

OK. Please try this , shafa launcher has been removed. https://mega.nz/#!YEJHDJJT!y_dXuBfl9hj8BoofvTkJG6z2raRyI1npmcSmx2LNqTE
  • Just want to say thanks again to benxiong. I now understand the MPro_custom basically overwrite the system partition which contains the MBUI launcher and replace it with another launcher.

What I found is existing apps are still there and to my surprise the live TV app under Fashfish is still working. I guess its because it reads MAC address only of the unit and don't care if you are using MBUI

So I appreciate your sharing! :)
  • This is a very simple matter, do not make things complicated, all Moonbox is locked by its MBUI launcher, then whatever your M3, M3S, Moonbox pro, Moonbox C, just root your device and then delete MBUI. To replace a new launch, it's that simple that everyone can do.
    Yes you can do that. But having TWRP Restore file is better as it will come with the new apps and update that some people might not have access to. One click rooting apps also don't work on all devices and some are running different boards and firmware.
    Still waiting for your image to be used. But then again nothing else is working except fastfish live TV which you still need subscription too.

I think Moonbox is really dead. Not point giving them any more money
  • edited July 2018
    Hi , I tried to reset the M3 (open my box and press the white button on the circuit board) while I plug in the power but it won't start up to recovery mode, Am I doing the wrong way, please teach me how can I reset my M3 (Black)

Thank you.

I've got the same issue a couple of hours ago.
    >> I mashed the button sevreal (x20) time... and upgrade began
    >> plug power + wait 1s + push push push push until black screen and update start
    (be carefull ... sometime it's seems brick ... and it could be )
    Post edited by whoo on

• Been there done that! Mine was not rooted and already tried kingoroot but no dice. If I had root I wouldn't be complaining about Shafa. Kingoroot goes online to check but fails everytime, tried different versions, updated etc. You sure you have a M3 and not a M3s?
    OK. Please try this , shafa launcher has been removed. https://mega.nz/#!YEJHDJJT!y_dXuBfl9hj8BoofvTkJG6z2raRyI1npmcSmx2LNqTE

Hi,
    - it works like a charm.
    - no shafa on startup

thanks
  • Can I get some pointers on how to root and remove MBUI on the Moonbox 3 black? I managed to get the 20140811 update working but I'm struggling on removing MBUI, any help would be appreciated. I can't use kingroot since it would take me online.

For those of you who can't get into recovery mode you need to check the link below, though I only managed to get into recovery mode by luck.
    There are different versions of the M3, some have reset switches and some don't. "A805 V1.2" printed on circuit board, the switch is to the right of the led light when you open up the box. It is rectangular shape with white button in center of it. In the past I was able to reset the moonbox with the switch, however after the killswitch the reset button does not work anymore, pressing on it only delays boot. "A805 V1.3" the reset switch is back of the AV port, use a toothpick. See link, seems possible to reset .

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/official-moonbox-user-thread-4k-quad-core-moonbox-m4s-moonbox-pro-here-1543433/266/

Anyone have a full flashable version of the firmware? The one posted here is for update through the update app, not flashable through "burning tool". If you use a OTG cable and amlogic burning tool, the device does show up when connected to a computer.
  • Can I get some pointers on how to root and remove MBUI on the Moonbox 3 black? I managed to get the 20140811 update working but I'm struggling on removing MBUI, any help would be appreciated. I can't use kingroot since it would take me online.

For those of you who can't get into recovery mode you need to check the link below, though I only managed to get into recovery mode by luck.

Nevermind I got 20150624 working, you must do a factory reset before flashing otherwise it ll be a dirty flash and it might get stuck in bootloop. But now I got a new dilemma, Shafa launcher is running in the background although I chose the normal launcher, will this lock me out in the future? How to remove it? Is this cfw rooted? Thanks @benxiong !!!
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    Can I get some pointers on how to root and remove MBUI on the Moonbox 3 black? I managed to get the 20140811 update working but I'm struggling on removing MBUI, any help would be appreciated. I can't use kingroot since it would take me online.

Nevermind I got 20150624 working, you must do a factory reset before flashing otherwise it ll be a dirty flash and it might get stuck in bootloop. But now I got a new dilemma, Shafa launcher is running in the background although I chose the normal launcher, will this lock me out in the future? How to remove it? Is this cfw rooted? Thanks @benxiong !!!
    Benxiong posted a version without shafa, works fine, however the moonbox is really slow. The dual core and lack of memory just screaming to be thrown into the trash bin. I've thrown both of mine in the trash already. Spend around $30 and get your self a new box with octacore and 2gb mem.