moonbox stuck logo - m3s fix custom firmware

Comments

• Please make the custom firmware fix for moonbox pro stuck at moonbox logo and the mac in the corner
    Has been released, please find the first page.
    Thanked by 1Chelaka
  • Does this affect Moonbox Pro users? I already have fastfish on it but its a piece of crap
    The same method with tvpad4 downgrade, please before you begin to do an original backup,
    I would like to know how to backup my current Moonbox M3 and Pro units before testing this out.

If someone can point me how to do so then I will do test on both units
  • I'm assuming loading these images is also using TWRP, but I can't figure what buttons to get to the menu using M3 black and MPro
  • any hope for the black moonbox m3 (not m3s) ? I thought the AV jack has the reset button, sticked a toothpick into it and i think it delayed the logo loading screen but didn't take me to any system reset
    Take it apart, the reset button is on the circuit board. Don't really know if it is even worth going through the hassle. The M3 is only a dual core processor and running android 4.2. A lot of the newer VOD apps wouldn't even run on it.
    It is on the circuit board, its a tiny white button. I broke my button on the circuit board so therefore its useless now. You can drill a hole to it but better if you take it apart.
  • Does this affect Moonbox Pro users? I already have fastfish on it but its a piece of crap
    The same method with tvpad4 downgrade, please before you begin to do an original backup,
    I would like to know how to backup my current Moonbox M3 and Pro units before testing this out.

If someone can point me how to do so then I will do test on both units
    I do not know how to backup the M3
  • What about the MPro? Anyone know how to backup or I use the TWRP method on the first page?

• I just made a firmware for black moonbox m3, based on the official firmware only to remove the MBUI, Can anyone test it?Because I do not have moonbox m3.

Upgrade package: https://mega.nz/#!xdwmkRqS!w5-85LyFgZJrA6kqiTBPmwQowDWzKWPSH5Mirgw835U

Easier way: the device is restored to the factory reset, do not connect to the network, install a new launcher, press the remote home button, it will let you choose, select always, and then go to "Settings" ☞ " app "☞" System app "☞" MBUI "Clear data, reboot, if asked again after boot, please do not select MBUI, connect to the network.

Mpro_custom
    https://mega.nz/#!9JoHDZjK!MSfkS7V8-yQ1ODjzMgapMft49iH64FH8Aoc1uaMMPBg
    Hi Benxiong, I am using Moonbox M3 (Black). I manage to used the reset button to do a factory reset, and I can access to MBUI (before that it's appeal with totally lockup screen). Than I used the "Upgrade" feature in MBUI to 'upgrade' using Upgrade package you provided above (I copy those 3 files into a USB drive). The box than reboot and start installing (Android robot page), after finish it reboot again. After that it's stuck at Moonbot Logo (with a circle keep turning) and nothing further. I tried turn off and turn on the box again but still the same. Any thing I can do?

• I uploaded the original M3 firmware tonight.
  • edited November 2017
    @Tychia
    This is the original firmware for M3.
    https://mega.nz/#!8Qp10RZQ!EGqjqk_-DQMBI0unYrot-EUb1wco2115L1h8Mg0DAAQ
    Thank you very much Benxiong

• When you install these firmwares can you still use the Fastfish apps?
  • When you install these firmwares can you still use the Fastfish apps?
    If you have Fastfish is not recommended.
  • I have The New M Pro Firmware with all the 2017 - 2018 new apps if you guys want it. I'm also working on extracting the M3S Unlocked ROM. The new ROM is running a modified Moon box MBUI launcher without the locking feature. (Just need to wait for my new OTG Cable to arrive so that i can extract the img files using ADB since the device are using arm a5 cpu and my twrp.img keeps failing to load)I will also release either a .ZIP ROM file or recovery depending on what chip set i can find for the device to decompile.
  • I have The New M Pro Firmware with all the 2017 - 2018 new apps if you guys want it. I'm also working on extracting the M3S Unlocked ROM. The new ROM is running a modified Moon box MBUI launcher without the locking feature. (Just need to wait for my new OTG Cable to arrive so that i can extract the img files using ADB since the device are using arm a5 cpu and my twrp.img keeps failing to load)I will also release either a .ZIP ROM file or recovery depending on what chip set i can find for the device to decompile.
    Can you share the firmware?
  • My M3 Black only show moonbox logo. I not manage to do factory reset ?
    Anyone can help?
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    My M3 Black only show moonbox logo. I not manage to do factory reset ?
    Anyone can help?
    Please unplug the power , and compress the menu switch in pulse and plug back the power at the same time.it will bring you back in Android setup menu.
  • My M3 Black only show moonbox logo. I not manage to do factory reset ?
    Anyone can help?
    Please unplug the power , and compress the menu switch in pulse and plug back the power at the same time.it will bring you back in Android setup menu.
    Still cannot bring to Android setup menu
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    edited November 2017
    My M3 Black only show moonbox logo. I not manage to do factory reset ?
    Anyone can help?
    Please unplug the power , and compress the menu switch in pulse and plug back the power at the same time(20 second .it will bring you back in Android setup menu.
    Still cannot bring to Android setup menu
    Ok we can do this way.On the bottom of the box you will find out two tiny hole one in reset and the other is update, use paper clip press the switch in update hole and plug in the power at the same time(20 second) it will bring you back to Android setup menu.
    Post edited by cheuk5 on
  • I have an M3 that is now stuck on the Moonbox circling logo page after loading the new image with the recovery page. Intermittently the unit goes past the circling logo page into a black screen. Tried to update using the original 20140811 image but it fails on the recovery page with an assert error. Any ideas what to try next?
    That will be great. Ideally I would like to use the modified firmware for Moonbox Pro without the locking, and continue to use fastfish apps as I still have subscription on it.

Any idea if that will work?