moonbox stuck logo - m3s fix custom firmware

Comments

• Tried placing the twrp folder and image file onto an sdcard. But some files cannot be transfered from the twrp folder. What am I doing wrong??
  • It is correct to copy TWRP files and recovery.img to sdcard
    Thanked by 1ht123
  • Which one is the menu key? I tried almost every button but I couldn't get to the recovery page.
    There are two holes in the bottom of the TV box, you can try to use a toothpick to hold down one of its UPDATE, and then plugged in until you enter the recovery mode.

I tried that and it never worked for me.
    The way i did it on mine was i kept clicking the menu key on the remote as i was plugging the power back in then once the gray moonbox logo pops up i just held the menu key til it booted to the recovery menu.
    Thanked by 1ht123
  • any hope for the black moonbox m3 (not m3s) ? I thought the AV jack has the reset button, sticked a toothpick into it and i think it delayed the logo loading screen but didn't take me to any system reset
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    any hope for the black moonbox m3 (not m3s) ? I thought the AV jack has the reset button, sticked a toothpick into it and i think it delayed the logo loading screen but didn't take me to any system reset
    Take it apart, the reset button is on the circuit board. Don't really know if it is even worth going through the hassle. The M3 is only a dual core processor and running android 4.2. A lot of the newer VOD apps wouldn't even run on it.
  • Does this affect Moonbox Pro users? I already have fastfish on it but its a piece of crap
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    edited November 2017
    There are different versions of the M3, some have reset switches and some don't. "A805 V1.2" printed on circuit board, the switch is to the right of the led light when you open up the box. It is rectangular shape with white button in center of it. In the past I was able to reset the moonbox with the switch, however after the killswitch the reset button does not work anymore, pressing on it only delays boot. "A805 V1.3" the reset switch is back of the AV port, use a toothpick. See link, seems possible to reset .

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/official-moonbox-user-thread-4k-quad-core-moonbox-m4s-moonbox-pro-here-1543433/266/

Anyone have a full flashable version of the firmware? The one posted here is for update through the update app, not flashable through "burning tool". If you use a OTG cable and amlogic burning tool, the device does show up when connected to a computer.
  • The new version of USB burning tool can only flash IMG format firmware, and AML8726 all are in zip format, there is no firmware, even if connected to the computer is useless, I have a MXbox AML8726 IMG format firmware.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    How can you figure it out which box you have m3 m3s and m3 pro ?
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    The new version of USB burning tool can only flash IMG format firmware, and AML8726 all are in zip format, there is no firmware, even if connected to the computer is useless, I have a MXbox AML8726 IMG format firmware.
    I see, thanks for the info, guess it's going into trash bin.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    How can you figure it out which box you have m3 m3s and m3 pro ?
    M3 is the black one with blue power led, M3S comes in a white case. I'm not familiar with M3 Pro. There are probably multiple revisions of the circuit board for each. I know of 3 versions of M3 circuit board.
  • i tried the recovery firmware on page 1 ...didn't work...now it just goes to a black screen after the blue logo screen...guess it's done? I have the m3 with the reset button inside the AV jack...it's one of the newer batches right before m3s was released.. i paid for that fast fish shit app ..that's why i want to keep using the moobox because i'm not sure i will get re-authorized if i use a different android box...oh well..
    Ok Mr.Benxiong I can boot to TWRP in M3s also reset the unit but cannot back up the firmware ( it say moon box//logo.emme.win" is 0 bytee.
    when I try to restore the ( 2004-04-16--10-51-39 KOT49H.20150805 test-keys )back to machine it show E:unable to find Partition size for "/boot" whats wrong with me?
  • Ok Mr.Benxiong I can boot to TWRP in M3s also reset the unit but cannot back up the firmware ( it say moon box//logo.emme.win" is 0 bytee.
    when I try to restore the ( 2004-04-16--10-51-39 KOT49H.20150805 test-keys )back to machine it show E:unable to find Partition size for "/boot" whats wrong with me?
    This problem sounds a bit serious, can your device boot normally?
    Ok Mr.Benxiong I can boot to TWRP in M3s also reset the unit but cannot back up the firmware ( it say moon box//logo.emme.win" is 0 bytee.
    This problem sounds a bit serious, can your device boot normally?
    yes the box can boot up nomal
    Ok Mr.Benxiong I try only restore system and data back to machine it will take me back to like in Tvpad4 at least the machine would not lock me out thanks

• Mr. Benxiong, I try to download the files from your link. There are two file, one TWRP and one Recovery file to the USB, but when I plug my USB to M3S, it only show the TWRP file, and I click on the TWRP file, I can go as far as to the 2004-04-16-10-51-39. then some error message. What did I do wrong ? Please help
  • Mr. Benxiong, I try to download the files from your link. There are two file, one TWRP and one Recovery file to the USB, but when I plug my USB to M3S, it only show the TWRP file, and I click on the TWRP file, I can go as far as to the 2004-04-16-10-51-39. then some error message. What did I do wrong ? Please help
    Not the USB.the recovery must be put on sdcard.TWRP file can put in USB.
  • Hi, does anyone know how to obtain a M5 hash or generate one from an apk. I have the Factory Firmware Flash for M3, M3s ,M4 and M Pro. And my aim is to replace the mbui3s_20150827_signed.apk with a custom launcher. But so far replacing and renaming the apk wont work. I had a look around a saw that there was a file that checks the md5 hash of each apk before installing them at the recovery screen. Even better if there is a way to get TWRP on the m4 and M Pro then that is more ideal. Moonbox pro box model is a (P200B Wisdom_M4_V1).

I've tried to block the IP and Port just to replace the Launcher. But since the MoonboxUI apk is a system app. It can't be deleted without root and the launcher will reappear again even if you clear the cache and data. Is it possible to root the M4 and M Pro? Or use ADB to install the launcher since there is a OTG port on the 1st USB port for the Factory multi firmware install.
  • Please make the custom firmware fix for moonbox pro stuck at moonbox logo and the mac in the corner