moonbox stuck logo - m3s fix custom firmware

Comments

• Here are the download links: Coming soon (To be edited)

#Moonbox Pro version mpro_CFW_v5.1.1-241117
    Just need permission from app dev to release
    There will also be an ADB script for any resellers who want to flash multiple devices at once.
    #Moonbox M3S m3s_CFW_v4.4.2-241117
    Waiting for OTG cable to arrive so i can extract the image files
    #Moonbox M3 m3_CFW_v4.2.2-241117
    Might release (Box is too slow and is no longer supported by us)
  • I have The New M Pro Firmware with all the 2017 - 2018 new apps if you guys want it. I'm also working on extracting the M3S Unlocked ROM. The new ROM is running a modified Moon box MBUI launcher without the locking feature. (Just need to wait for my new OTG Cable to arrive so that i can extract the img files using ADB since the device are using arm a5 cpu and my twrp.img keeps failing to load)I will also release either a .ZIP ROM file or recovery depending on what chip set i can find for the device to decompile.
    That will be great. Ideally I would like to use the modified firmware for Moonbox Pro without the locking, and continue to use fastfish apps as I still have subscription on it.

Any idea if that will work?
    Fast Fish might work, have not tested it yet as i don't have a subscription. Might contact moonbox and ask for test key. TV China is the recommended source now. If you are desperate, download king root and root your device after that get root explorer and go to system apps and delete mbui.apk this should fix the issue but make sure you have a launcher pre installed.

mpro CFW 1.1.2 however may affect fast fish since im planning to connect the ro.OTA URL to my server for future updates.

To get pass the MAC lock screen, disconnect your self from the internet and get a toothpick or pin. Flip over the device and poke the hole diagonally across form the left bottom corner of the bar code. This is the reset button and will clear the cache and data recived from mbui when it connected to it's RD server. (Also make sure your device is On while doing it.
  • I have an M3 that is now stuck on the Moonbox circling logo page after loading the new image with the recovery page. Intermittently the unit goes past the circling logo page into a black screen. Tried to update using the original 20140811 image but it fails on the recovery page with an assert error. Any ideas what to try next?
    Hi i can try and get you the newer firmware file which is 20141223
  • I have an M3 that is now stuck on the Moonbox circling logo page after loading the new image with the recovery page. Intermittently the unit goes past the circling logo page into a black screen. Tried to update using the original 20140811 image but it fails on the recovery page with an assert error. Any ideas what to try next?
    Hi i can try and get you the newer firmware file which is 20141223
    Thx. Willing try anything at this point. MBUI wont even load now.
  • FrustratedPaduserFrustratedPaduser Junior Member
    edited November 2017
    I have a black MoonBox C, is it equivalent to M3 or M3s? It does not have a reset button at the bottom, how can I reset it? Thanks.
  • I have a black MoonBox C, is it equivalent to M3 or M3s? It does not have a reset button at the bottom, how can I reset it? Thanks.
    Moonbox C is different from Moonbox pro, m3s, m3.Moonbox C is the S905X chip
    Thanked by 1FrustratedPaduser
  • I found the white rectangle switch inside my M3 which is on the lower left corner of the barcode sticker. However, when I pressed it and plugged in power, it didn't bring me to the setup mode. It just stop everything (including boot up) until I released the button.
  • Hi benxiong,
    You have file for "MPro_custom". Do you mean M3 Pro? Or MoonBox Pro (MoonBox 4 Pro?) ?
  • Hi benxiong,
    You have file for "MPro_custom". Do you mean M3 Pro? Or MoonBox Pro (MoonBox 4 Pro?) ?
    Is MoonBox Pro
  • Is there a link for TWRP, guides on root and flashing for Moonbox M3S?
  • Thank you!
  • edited December 2017
    Happy to announce that i got TWRP recompiled on M3S :) Will upload backup soon.
    Post edited by Android17 on
  • Just found out that the m3s has two models; One with a s905 chipset and one with a s805 chipset. I've only managed to compile for the s905. I will try and compile for the s805.
  • Is there a link for TWRP, guides on root and flashing for Moonbox M3S?
    Yes soon. The backup provided will be pre rooted. But you will have to install super su yourself as some customers may get confused on what the app does so i didn't include it. Also if you flip the box on its bottom are the vents straight lines or are they dots
    https://ibb.co/cUWJ2w

• I just made a firmware for black moonbox m3, based on the official firmware only to remove the MBUI, Can anyone test it?Because I do not have moonbox m3.

Upgrade package: https://mega.nz/#!xdwmkRqS!w5-85LyFgZJrA6kqiTBPmwQowDWzKWPSH5Mirgw835U

Easier way: the device is restored to the factory reset, do not connect to the network, install a new launcher, press the remote home button, it will let you choose, select always, and then go to "Settings" ☞ " app "☞" System app "☞" MBUI "Clear data, reboot, if asked again after boot, please do not select MBUI, connect to the network.

Mpro_custom
    https://mega.nz/#!9JoHDZjK!MSfkS7V8-yQ1ODjzMgapMft49iH64FH8Aoc1uaMMPBg
    Hi Benxiong, I am using Moonbox M3 (Black). I manage to used the reset button to do a factory reset, and I can access to MBUI (before that it's appeal with totally lockup screen). Than I used the "Upgrade" feature in MBUI to 'upgrade' using Upgrade package you provided above (I copy those 3 files into a USB drive). The box than reboot and start installing (Android robot page), after finish it reboot again. After that it's stuck at Moonbot Logo (with a circle keep turning) and nothing further. I tried turn off and turn on the box again but still the same. Any thing I can do?

I have a black Moonbox m3 I download the file extracted and copy the 3 files to the root of a 4gb sd card, inserted to box card slot, open the box press the small white reset switch while plug in the power, it start to upgrade by itself showing Chinese characters... After finish it work as a new OS interface my old apps are still there and work perfectly after a few restart...
    Thank you very much!
  • The same method with tvpad4 downgrade, please before you begin to do an original backup, because my backup file is not in the original device to do, methods: a sdcard format for fat32, download the file I provided. there are two files after extracting.copy the extracted two files to sdcard, remove the sdcard into the your device, start up the device at the same time press the remote control menu key to enter the recovery mode, after that followed the tvpad4 downgrade video.

M3S only File: Only choose to restore the system, you will keep the data . https://mega.nz/#!cdZWxSxJ!9R8mPyHzt3kmnV0aPpBBifBMgd09V6qro2XJzDdC_nM

Tvpad4 downgrade video: https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1071/downgrading-tvpad-4-to-5-054/p1

Test first, if you do not work, then I make a new one

I just made a firmware for black moonbox m3, based on the official firmware only to remove the MBUI, Can anyone test it?Because I do not have moonbox m3.

Upgrade package: https://mega.nz/#!dJR3hLzS!wvX0jSDwOA-rlGZaFl_cudZoQIg0S5u4BQMSuE1p-Zk

Easier way: the device is restored to the factory reset, do not connect to the network, install a new launcher, press the remote home button, it will let you choose, select always, and then go to "Settings" ☞ " app "☞" System app "☞" MBUI "Clear data, reboot, if asked again after boot, please do not select MBUI, connect to the network.

Mpro_custom
    https://mega.nz/#!9JoHDZjK!MSfkS7V8-yQ1ODjzMgapMft49iH64FH8Aoc1uaMMPBg
    My black Moonbox M3 just reborn again. Thank you very much!
  • Hi, benxiong do u have the stock firmware for the m3s version 20160613 or higher. Accidentally bricked one of my test devices and the recovery only accepts newer firmware not older ones.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hi, benxiong do u have the stock firmware for the m3s version 20160613 or higher. Accidentally bricked one of my test devices and the recovery only accepts newer firmware not older ones.
    Hi ,Mr. Android17
    I am follow your links .it was only keep talking . Not even share out one file, please be gentle to share something out . We are helping each other in this forum.
  • Hi, benxiong do u have the stock firmware for the m3s version 20160613 or higher. Accidentally bricked one of my test devices and the recovery only accepts newer firmware not older ones.
    Hi ,Mr. Android17
    I am follow your links .it was only keep talking . Not even share out one file, please be gentle to share something out . We are helping each other in this forum.
    I will soon, you need to understand that i need permission and licensing approval from the app developers. I also need to test the firmware on multiple devices to ensure everything works and does not brick the device. Although all the devices look the same, some have different CPU and if you restore the wrong files you will brick the device unless you have a Firmware file that is dated 20160613 or higher. I've already had to swap the motherboard of an old device and donate it to another.
  • This is a very simple matter, do not make things complicated, all Moonbox is locked by its MBUI launcher, then whatever your M3, M3S, Moonbox pro, Moonbox C, just root your device and then delete MBUI. To replace a new launch, it's that simple that everyone can do.
    Thanked by 1FrustratedPaduser