YUE TV 回看 Not Working at all

Comments

• tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    edited February 2017
    try "factory reset" and reinstall the apps and see what happen.

(尝试恢复原厂设置)
    tomato123 Yes...I've done that...the DNS remains
    Post edited by tomato123 on
  • @tomato123 that did the trick...Yuetv fulling working now. thanks
  • For those who's YueTV is not working on the TVPad4 go to network setting and use the following DNS: 158.132.187.187

YueTV should work again with the above DNS.
    This DNS works like a charm.
    Does this "only" work with fw 054? I.e.i have fw 060
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    For those who's YueTV is not working on the TVPad4 go to network setting and use the following DNS: 158.132.187.187

Yes it is only work with fw 054
  • For those who's YueTV is not working on the TVPad4 go to network setting and use the following DNS: 158.132.187.187

I was afraid of that. But thanks for the honest info. My wife is so disappointed she can't see recordings, but at least has LIVE, so I don't want to screw that up by installing the DNS and then losing everything!

Does anyone know if a fix for this is really being worked on?
  • alexlihawaiialexlihawaii Just Watchin`
    Yes, that DNS works in Hawaii flawless as 2-7-2017

I was afraid of that. But thanks for the honest info. My wife is so disappointed she can't see recordings, but at least has LIVE, so I don't want to screw that up by installing the DNS and then losing everything!

It appears VOD recordings work now (with no DNS change, as I have fw 060).

The movies icon still doesn't work though.
  • I uninstalled Yue TV, reinstalled with an older version of Yue TV and updated it . Then VOD and replay are back to action.

This method worked on both 5.054 and 5.060 OS versions.

I did not check the movie section thou.

Good luck.

• Hello All,

I signed up just to detail what I went through with the TVPad 4 and how I can help others. I am on TVPad 4 on firmware 5.0.54 in the US.

- I have tried using DNS server 158.132.187.187. It worked initially but it soon stopped and I get the restricted area message. Can anyone confirm if this happens to them as well? At the moment, the 158 DNS server is not a sure bet solution for US users, at least it's not for me. I'm guessing that users that got it to work didn't report back that it didn't work after a while.

- I have purchased a lifetime subscription to VPNUnlimited. I have Asus router so I was able to use both L2TP and OpenVPN to connect via VPN to Hong Kong servers. It worked at first but like the DNS, it failed after. It actually worked for a whole day or so before not working. I even bought a second Asus router. Seems like the VPN solution is also not permanent. It would work, and then fail after a while with the area restriction message. More hassle is I would have to unplug the TVPad after reconnecting the VPN each time. I have tried using the DNS server in combination with VPN connected to Singapore and Hong Kong but still, it doesn't work after a while.

At this point, I am pulling my hair out and I am about to tell my parents to go back to the old days where I would manually download the TVB drama shows online to a USB drive and then connect it to a media player box connected to TV.
    you should not get retristed message with 5.054 firmware + yuetv app.

no need to use vpn and change dns.
    Hello All,

I signed up just to detail what I went through with the TVPad 4 and how I can help others. I am on TVPad 4 on firmware 5.0.54 in the US.

- I have tried using DNS server 158.132.187.187. It worked initially but it soon stopped and I get the restricted area message. Can anyone confirm if this happens to them as well? At the moment, the 158 DNS server is not a sure bet solution for US users, at least it's not for me. I'm guessing that users that got it to work didn't report back that it didn't work after a while.

- I have purchased a lifetime subscription to VPNUnlimited. I have Asus router so I was able to use both L2TP and OpenVPN to connect via VPN to Hong Kong servers. It worked at first but like the DNS, it failed after. It actually worked for a whole day or so before not working. I even bought a second Asus router. Seems like the VPN solution is also not permanent. It would work, and then fail after a while with the area restriction message. More hassle is I would have to unplug the TVPad after reconnecting the VPN each time. I have tried using the DNS server in combination with VPN connected to Singapore and Hong Kong but still, it doesn't work after a while.

At this point, I am pulling my hair out and I am about to tell my parents to go back to the old days where I would manually download the TVB drama shows online to a USB drive and then connect it to a media player box connected to TV.
  • edited February 2017
    @tomato123 That's what I thought as well! I mean that's pretty much why I spent money on a new router plus a VPN subscription. When connected, it would pay the VOD shows for maybe like 10-20 seconds and the restriction message comes up.

Here's the funny thing. As of this writing, the VOD YueTV app is working again with no VPN or DNS change. It is using my regular US IP address. My parents were watching for almost 3-4 hours last night, no problem. Of course, this happened before and the restriction message came up so it's pretty much a draw of the luck of when it will or will not work.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    @tomato123 That's what I thought as well! I mean that's pretty much why I spent money on a new router plus a VPN subscription. When connected, it would pay the VOD shows for maybe like 10-20 seconds and the restriction message comes up.

Here's the funny thing. As of this writing, the VOD YueTV app is working again with no VPN or DNS change. It is using my regular US IP address. My parents were watching for almost 3-4 hours last night, no problem. Of course, this happened before and the restriction message came up so it's pretty much a draw of the luck of when it will or will not work.
    It was because when you use VPN guide you to outside of USA so you will get restriction zone sign for YueTv app

I am back to VOD not working (on fw 060) LIVE TV works and that's it. ,????
    why are you with 060 fw? you should downgrade it if you are in USA.
    For those who's YueTV is not working on the TVPad4 go to network setting and use the following DNS: 158.132.187.187

• why are you with 060 fw? you should downgrade it if you are in USA.

I didn't think there was a way to downgrade firmware once it's uploaded to the box.

Btw, YUE app is now working again...Hope it's not just a blip or accident but really fixed.
    The downgrade method is already out here:
    https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1071/downgrading-tvpad-4-to-5-054/p1

but if it's working for you, just leave it 060.

I didn't think there was a way to downgrade firmware once it's uploaded to the box.

Btw, YUE app is now working again...Hope it's not just a blip or accident but really fixed.
  • The downgrade method is already out here:
    https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1071/downgrading-tvpad-4-to-5-054/p1

but if it's working for you, just leave it 060.

Thanks. I'll save that link to the downgrade info for future reference just in case. But, as you said, since the app is currently working, I'm not going to mess with it now.

Thanks again
  • I'm in NY. YueTV 0.42 is down again. Only 港粤纲路电视 live working
  • edited April 2017
    Seems like it's down again tonight. I tried using the VPN's Android app and manually configuring it in Android Network Settings. Tried it with auto DNS and the 158.132.187.187 DNS. Tried China, HK, SK, and Cambodia servers. None of them worked. I just get the error 4120(l). Is YueTV finally dead?
    mine is working fine with158.132.187.187 DNS
    Seems like it's down again tonight. I tried using the VPN's Android app and manually configuring it in Android Network Settings. Tried it with auto DNS and the 158.132.187.187 DNS. Tried China, HK, SK, and Cambodia servers. None of them worked. I just get the error 4120(l). Is YueTV finally dead?
This discussion has been closed.