YUE TV 回看 Not Working at all

Comments

• tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    @thomastv Thomas, can you help us to report the problem? Thanks!
  • @Chebn:
    My TvPad4 is on v5.054 firmware, DNS set to auto
  • what is a RSS apk
    is it like the phone V Channel
    Where can I download the RSS apk file.
    Thanks a million.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited January 2017
    @michyoru You can get it to work if you connect to a vpn as @fustrated stated
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    what is a RSS apk
    is it like the phone V Channel
    Where can I download the RSS apk file.
    Thanks a million.
    You can find RSS apk in google play store
  • @michyoru You can get it to work if you connect to a vpn as @fustrated stated
    How to do it . it seems very complicated and i don't have that app.
  • froggyfroggy Junior Member
    Where to get 港粵網路電視 app?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
  • EinEin Just Watchin`
    Are there some extras YUETV has that the Cantonese app from the App Store doesn't offer? I have never used YUETV. I seldom have issue with app store's cantonese app and BETV.
    What is the normal cantonese app from the App Store? I thought YUETV was the only one that works with tvpad4?
    港粵網路電視
  • EinEin Just Watchin`
    OK folks, here is what I found out:
    1) YueTV in North America have problem connecting to their connection endpoint in US
    - I tried connect my TVPad4 via VPN to anywhere but US., I got all the VODs to show a a minute, and then get a 'region restrict' error
    - Without VPN, all VODs get a 'load failure' error. Live TV feed work as normal.
    2) I use 港粵網路電視 (v2.052) with VPN set to anywhere but US, I can see everything: LiveTV, TV drama, movie. etc.

So as a conclusion, there is a problem with YueTV having problem with connection to their server streaming VODs

So for now, for US user, if you have VPN service, please use 港粵網路電視 to continue to view your favorite shows until the YueTV's app problem has been resolved.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If other folks has a better alternative for YueTV, please let us know and help the community

Happy Chinese New Year to everybody.
    Cheers!

For VPN and 港粵網路電視 to work, are you using a specific DNS? Could you share that if so.
    Also, what firmware version are you on, 5.066? I've been trying some DNS from HK but I get restricted usage message.

Let me know what's the best way I can get this working.
    港粵網路電視 has been without vpn for awhile. It was even working with 5.04 firmware. Just set DNS server to "auto"
  • @Ein:
    For me in NYC, using firmware 5.054, 港粵網路電視 live broadcast works without VPN, but all VODs (e.g. drama) still require VPN connection.
  • EinEin Just Watchin`
    edited January 2017
    I'm near Chicago, both live and VOD worked with 5.054 without VPN. Make sure you have latest version of the app. Now that I upgraded to 5.66 firmware. I have the App Store back with out any VPN.

https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/comment/9004/#Comment_9004
  • Yes! I have the same problem too!
  • 2 question to folks who have better understanding on TVPad media streaming

1) Live TV & VOD use different streams, right?
    Is this the reason why YueTV (and same for 36TV) in the last 24 hours can get LiveTV, but none of the VODs, including the time-shift replay(回看)?
    Can we assume there is a server related problem on TVPad's end?

2) For folks who use BlueTV, does YueTV exhibits the similar problem?

Thanks.
    Time-shift is in tv-live (回看)is belong to VOD
    Can *RSS apk use it in TVPad4?
    Yes RSS apk can run in Tvpad..........
    Thanks, but when I did installed the app and edited the link, I can't get further to select the various show, and tvpad mouse not working to roll it down. Can you help?
  • aznguy82xaznguy82x Junior Member
    I'm near Chicago, both live and VOD worked with 5.054 without VPN. Make sure you have latest version of the app. Now that I upgraded to 5.66 firmware. I have the App Store back with out any VPN.

I upgraded to 港粵網路電視V2.052 but the app still doesn't work. Think you still need VPN. I am in NYC
  • titustitus Just Watchin`
    Anyone has stormtv apk from Bluetv?
    Just wanna try to see if it works on tvpad4.
  • for those installed RSS Player (can be downloaded from the internet). add the following link:
    http://irss.se/dramas

there is a lot of choices, including movies and episodes from HK, and other countries
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Anyone has stormtv apk from Bluetv?
    Just wanna try to see if it works on tvpad4.
    No it would not work in Tvpad 4.
  • EinEin Just Watchin`

I upgraded to 港粵網路電視V2.052 but the app still doesn't work. Think you still need VPN. I am in NYC
    I don't know what else to say? It was working for me 2 weeks ago with 2.054 and now working fine with 5.066.
  • dinklebergdinkleberg Junior Member
    So the live stuff works for me after trying to install a VPN. I messed around with the IP address and used one from the VPN I bought. However, I have disconnected my VPN router and VPN.
This discussion has been closed.