HTV3 Review now up ! $60 off + free ship coupon !

Comments

• Padman,

Ignore my private message please. Looking at the HTV3 and UBOX now ... so for HK tv live streams, HTV-3 is better right?

Thanks.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Yes. I wouldn't put Ubox in the same category as HTV. Ubox is simply not stable.
  • Is there many sport channels on HTV3?
  • Hi guys, is the coupon still valid? If I purchase from Australia, will it work properly? How would I get support
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @neonlight Still valid.

All support is done online
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    On another note, the skipping problem is said to be resolved. I
    Hi guys, is the coupon still valid? If I purchase from Australia, will it work properly? How would I get support
    Email or Facebook for support.
    Not sure if it's just bad luck or these boxes are poorly made. My friends is going on their 3rd device within 4 months. Their second one just failed and contacting seller for replacement. Sigh.. So be careful of these boxes and buy it with a credit card that has good benefits.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Mmmaru Did your friend buy it from a reseller or direct ?
    @Mmmaru Did your friend buy it from a reseller or direct ?
    eBay reseller. the person is very cooperative though. No questions asks and offers a replacement.
  • Rumor about HTV is getting sue from TVB, anyone heard about this?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @535four where you hear it from ?
    Rumor about HTV is getting sue from TVB, anyone heard about this?
    If you're referring to the TVBUSA blacklisting, other devices were listed too.
  • What is the warranty like? Is the warranty good in the US or North America?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @hhjr888 If you are talking about the unit being broken then you have to send it back.
  • @hhjr888 If you are talking about the unit being broken then you have to send it back.
    that reason and also US warranty is requirement for extended warranty protection from my credit card

since they are based out of Asia, I don't think they have the US warranty.

I got mine from eBay and currently going through the same with my credit card company. I'll let you know of the results. I use the eBay warranty as the basis.
  • Awhile back I bought a weltv premium android box.

Had a problem and used amex extended warranty protection. They asked for "Manufacturer's Original U.S. Eligible Warranty".

Their user manual said 1 year North America warranty. That was enough to qualify for amex extended warranty.
  • Is it best to buy direct from China or go through eBay reseller? Which will have better protection?

Price is similar. Direct from China is US $260 (after discount), and ebay UK is £165 ($240 approx).

Ebay says there is a 2 year manufacturer's warranty, whatever that is worth.

My iplayer i5 ends this month, so need a replacement soon.

Had a problem and used amex extended warranty protection. They asked for "Manufacturer's Original U.S. Eligible Warranty".

Their user manual said 1 year North America warranty. That was enough to qualify for amex extended warranty.
    Hi - I know this is an old thread. Did you just send the copy of the user manual to Amex? Mine is broken but couldn't find the warranty card. Thanks.

Hi - I know this is an old thread. Did you just send the copy of the user manual to Amex? Mine is broken but couldn't find the warranty card. Thanks.
    Yes, when my unit broke and I filed a claim, they requested a copy of receipt and copy of U.S. warranty.