HTV3 Review now up ! $60 off + free ship coupon !

padmanpadman Moderator
edited June 2017 in Official Reviews
Review is up!

http://tvpadnews.com/2016/01/09/htv3-review-a-true-tvpad-replacement/

Use coupon "padmanfriends" for $60 off + free ship on the official site

http://www.htvbox.com/
Post edited by padman on
Tagged:

Comments

• @padman
    So glad you are reviewing the HTV3. From the 'unofficial' survey gathered in NYC, this seems to be a popular replacement for TVPad4.
    Can't wait to hear your opinion on this one.
  • Thanks for doing so, although will not apply to Korean users as HTV3 specifically states no Korean or Japanese
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited January 2016
    @gqone76 thats correct in terms of live tv. The vod for J and K drama does work well when I tested it tho.

I did have a quick chat with them about the possibility of those 2 languages. They did offered me a reasonable explaination. At the end of the day money talks :p
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    @gqone76 thats correct in terms of live tv. The vod for J and K drama does work well when I tested it tho.

I did have a quick chat with them about the possibility of those 2 languages. They did offered me a reasonable explaination. At the end of the day money talks :p
    Are you talking to a reseller or an actual rep for the device? What do they recommend users to do when they encounter issues with the device. I'm finding it hard to get any support in this thing.
  • @padman have you tried using Shafa Launcher on any of the devices?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Mmmaru I was in direct contact with their email support ([email protected] ), although my email may have been piped to their higher level staff but they seems to be responding in a timely manner none the less.

How did you contact them ? Perhaps your email went to spam ? If you still have issues not resolved, perhaps you can give me a PM with your details and I'll forward it to them.

@gqone76 Not yet. Been fairly busy lately...
    @Mmmaru I was in direct contact with their email support ([email protected] ), although my email may have been piped to their higher level staff but they seems to be responding in a timely manner none the less.

How did you contact them ? Perhaps your email went to spam ? If you still have issues not resolved, perhaps you can give me a PM with your details and I'll forward it to them.

@gqone76 Not yet. Been fairly busy lately...
    Thanks! Many users tried to use their ticketing system on their website but no one is getting response. I'll PM you separately on issues.
  • Did anybody who owned a H.TV box in this community joined the H.TV fans forum?
    http://www.htvfans.net/en/forum.php
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    When I try HTV remote I think have a problem with the OK key is easy mix up with four corner button
    Yeah realized the remote is not old people friendly. The arrow keys and ok are too close together. My friends dad kept pressing the keys together at first few tries. I guess it takes time getting used to.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited January 2016
    I found the HTV3 remote to be one of the more responsive remote out of all the remotes I tried (Orig T1,T1, T4, UB Box).

I like that it actually "click"
  • deadudedeadude Junior Member
    Just received my HTV3 unit today, will have a review up in a few days. So far I'm very impressed by the HTV overall. So if you are planning to buy the UB Box. Wait a few more days before making a decision.

PadMan
    Thank you for the information. i will waiting for the few more days.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited January 2016
    I found the HTV3 remote over sensitive to repeating keys if you don't release the button quickly.

eg. if we change live TV channel by entering the number such as '1', I may end up with '111'. Similarly if I am in deep in the multilayered menus of the YueVideo app and press the 'Exit' button, I end up being thrown out of the app because I didn't release the 'Exit' button quickly enough. Same thing happens with 7 day Playback apps.

The remote issues only came to light when my mother tried to use it. The original remote supplied with TVpad 1 & 2 were immune to repeating key issues no matter how long you held the buttons down.

Some times the channel list doesn't load when trying to start the YueGang live TV app so I cannot view any live TV channel. If I quit and restart the app a couple of times, I am able to eventually make it work.

The 7 day Cantonese Playback app also sometimes stuck at 'Loading...' message no matter what programme I choose. Only solution is to try again an hour later and it usually does work.

Any one else observe these issues?
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @bamby8 Maybe your mom is just used to the tvpad remote ? I found the HTV3 does register key presses a lot better than the TVPad 1's.

As for the channel listing I haven't found those issues on my unit, what version of the app are you using ?

Didn't find the playback issue either. Are you using wifi by any chance ?
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited January 2016
    I think YueGang TV is v2.12.1. Cantonese Playback is v2.7.41.

Hard wired ethernet. Fibre broadband connection.

Post edited by bamby8 on
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @bamby8 very strange, I'll see if I could replicate the problem.
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    Looks good, Padman. Many thanks for your efforts to bring us choices other than TVpad!

I concur and like your comment:
    I personally am boycotting TVPad until they can give us some sort of answer. As a TVPad user, I’m pretty upset at how they have stayed quiet.
  • @padman
    From your correspondence with HTV rep, did you find out whether the firmware of this HTV3 box is identical for boxes sold in various markets?
    i.e. If I buy a HTV box from China directly, would the firmware be the same as the one I got from Canada or US?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @fustrated I'll shoot them a email during the week. I don't think they work over there on the weekend.

I would assume the firmware is the same, my unit was sent directly from china and it worked fine in Canada.

• deadudedeadude Junior Member
    Review is up!

http://tvpadnews.com/2016/01/09/htv3-review-a-true-tvpad-replacement/

Use coupon "padmanfriends" for $60 off + free ship on the official site

http://www.htvbox.com/
    Padman
    Thank you for the HTV-3 review, It's impressed me about the Video on Demand (dramas) in Cantonese is these.
    Thanks