• jyonestopjyonestop Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Solive, KKS, All DB apps
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    http://tvpadtalk.com/7/2851/n__store_apps_direct_download

HOT??? for 3.8 <- VOD

Not sure what DB apps are

Also please reply in the topic instead of here.

jyonestop Wrote:
    > Solive, KKS, All DB apps
  • bleebca99bleebca99 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Hello Padman,

Thank you for setting this up! I have TV pads3 (two of them) and it doesnt work in the US.

TV pad3 versions that I have are GVOS 4.20. I'm not sure if this is the latest version, and how can I update this?

Also I've signed up for the paid DNS, and IP address has been authorized. I'm trying to use this for my parents so they can watch the Korean apps for TV (such as Solive3, KKS, DB TV Drama, etc).

1. Entered both DNS ip in browser with a returned msg "Your IP is authorized!"
    2. Entered both dns ip multiple times on tvpad manual lansetting and rebooted
    3. Greenman is on

When I test the network, IP Address, Gateway, DNS is OK. However it says the server is "Abnormal (error code :-1).

Do you know how I can fix this please?

Thank you!!!
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Are you using wifi or wired ?

Also let me know which DNS server you have set in your TVPad, I will check the log for you and see if there are any data being transmitted

bleebca99 Wrote:
    > Hello Padman,
    >
    > Thank you for setting this up! I have TV pads3
    > (two of them) and it doesnt work in the US.
    >
    > TV pad3 versions that I have are GVOS 4.20. I'm
    > not sure if this is the latest version, and how
    > can I update this?
    >
    > Also I've signed up for the paid DNS, and IP
    > address has been authorized. I'm trying to use
    > this for my parents so they can watch the Korean
    > apps for TV (such as Solive3, KKS, DB TV Drama,
    > etc).
    >
    > 1. Entered both DNS ip in browser with a returned
    > msg "Your IP is authorized!"
    > 2. Entered both dns ip multiple times on tvpad
    > manual lansetting and rebooted
    > 3. Greenman is on
    >
    > When I test the network, IP Address, Gateway, DNS
    > is OK. However it says the server is "Abnormal
    > (error code :-1).
    >
    >
    > Do you know how I can fix this please?
    >
    > Thank you!!!
    edited December 2015
    Hi Padman,

I sent you a PM with my DNS servers. I am currently using Wifi, and my TV pad shows that the gateway is OK.

Thank you again!
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    New Canadian server added
  • monchigmonchig Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Just want to let u guys know this is working and better/faster than before, I got TVpad3 and live in SF area in California. Thanks a lot!
  • ninjaaninjaa Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Thank you! Works like a charm :D
  • krnyuj01krnyuj01 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm using the DNS for US East coast, got my IP approved, and inserted the DNS into the LAN setting (using wired connection) but non of the Korean apps work (both DB and live - KKS, Solive3).

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    can you post a screenshot of your network config on the tvpad

krnyuj01 Wrote:
    > I'm using the DNS for US East coast, got my IP
    > approved, and inserted the DNS into the LAN
    > setting (using wired connection) but non of the
    > Korean apps work (both DB and live - KKS,
    > Solive3).
    >
    > Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?
    edited December 2015
    Wsunt8O.png

Is this what you're asking for?
    edited December 2015
    I'm also using tvpad3 GVOS 4.18 and the greenman is on (rebooted the system several times too).
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    I need to see your network config

krnyuj01 Wrote:
    > I'm also using tvpad3 GVOS 4.18 and the greenman
    > is on (rebooted the system several times too).
    edited December 2015
    I'm not sure what that is.

Can you explain where I can find the network setting?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Where you set the dns server

krnyuj01 Wrote:
    > I'm not sure what that is.
    >
    > Can you explain where I can find the network
    > setting?
    edited December 2015
    I just sent you a PM with the picture.

Thanks.
    edited December 2015
    PADMAN helped solve this solution!

For others as a brief background, I was trying to connect by Wifi but couldnt connect with the server.

Basically, I didn't know but you can edit the IP Address and DNS under "Manual" in the WiFi setup section. All this time I was editing the LAN Network under manual...

So your TV Pad has it's own "Internal IP Address" which shows up under auto under WiFi setup. This is different than what you use for the paid DNS, which is using the "external IP Address" (which shows up on the link that Padman provided to check ur IP).

Use that "internal IP address" under "manual" in wifi setup, and use the paid DNS address under "manual" in wifi setup.

Once done click OK.

Then reboot and it should work.:D
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi Padman, I signed up for the DNS service, thank you for the easy instructions, it works and we got most our app back like ????23???????????we used that 90%of the time. The ????2.3 and ????3.3 don't work, if you can make that work that would be great.
    I have another question, on page 10 you answer Caligirl that she can also authorize her brother's external ip so her mother can bring her pad to her brother's home to use and doesn't cost extra, true? Is that means a single Paid DNS slot can have 2 ip authorities? I too sometimes bring my pad to my son's home. Thank you for doing this, no more hunting for DNS to work.
    Cheuk5 your advices are also great, thank you for both of you, merry Christmas
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    1) I'll take a look of those apps. Most likely the vendor stop like the other smaller apps.

2) No, it means you can re-authorize your IP. The service still only allow 1 ip to use. So if you bring it to son's home, then just authorize his home's ip. Then when you bring it back home, re-authorize it to your home's ip. Very easy.

Zipo Wrote:
    > Hi Padman, I signed up for the DNS service, thank
    > you for the easy instructions, it works and we got
    > most our app back like
    > ????23???????????we
    > used that 90%of the time. The ????2.3 and
    > ????3.3 don't work, if you can make that
    > work that would be great.
    > I have another question, on page 10 you answer
    > Caligirl that she can also authorize her brother's
    > external ip so her mother can bring her pad to her
    > brother's home to use and doesn't cost extra,
    > true? Is that means a single Paid DNS slot can
    > have 2 ip authorities? I too sometimes bring my
    > pad to my son's home. Thank you for doing this, no
    > more hunting for DNS to work.
    > Cheuk5 your advices are also great, thank you for
    > both of you, merry Christmas
  • papiliopapilio Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi Guys, we are a bunch of old folks living in Boston area, our TVPads, 1, 2 & 4, all have problems from the current outage. Our kids are either working outside the area, or they don't know enough to help us out in this TVPad outage, so we stick together and help each other out. I would like to report how we have worked around the situation and, at the same time, ask a couple of questions. Grateful if you could help.
    1. At the beginning, we tried to find the working DNS online, 49X worked for a while, and then the 123X. The couple with a newly bought TVPad 4 went to Chinatown to the vendor who sold them the box, for $20, the guy "did something" with their box, and it has been working since early December. no DNS subscription, no VPN set up, no second router, both live and VOP work. My friend is not able to tell what was done, my guess it was software update rather than hardware.
    2. For the couple who own a TVPad 1 (M121), they had no idea what was going on, they played with the control, and when they were asked if they wanted to reset to factory default (they told me in Chinese, this is what I think they were saying), they clicked yes. After that, they can't have the TVPad loaded, when turned on, there is a sign indicating that it is loading. They took it back to the vendor and were told there was nothing could be done. I was wondering if a boot disk/file could help. The couple want to boot up the TVPad 1 and subscribe the DNS service mentioned here (they are very reluctant to buy a TVPad 4). Any suggestions? You help will be greatly appreciated.
    3. We have a TVPad 2 ourself, we have just subscribed the DNS service which is easy to set up and is working reasonably good. We are able to see BETH 2, HK and 516 and VOD. However, most of the apps we had installed before are not working, like Youku, Movies (???). I have tried to install some apps downloaded here in the forum, a few Korean drama apps work, but more apps cannot be installed with an USB. My wife loves the movies apps but there is nothing I am capable of doing.
    4. The other couple who had a TVPad 2, gave it up and bought a Moonbox, so far they are happy with their purchase.
    5. I have been doing a lot of online reading, searching for websites that we can watch program with a Google Chromecast, we had been watching CCTV4, Taiwanese ?? for news and documentary. For HK drama, http://azdrama.info/ is a very good website.
    I have been reading tvpadtalk and learned a lot (thank you so much), unfortunately, these are mostly greek to me. However, I am trying hard to help my fellow senior folks here, for I know what this box means to them. Good luck to those who are struggling to get it up and running again for their parents or grand parents. Cheers.