WelTV

Comments

• Well.. I was in favor with iplayet5 before untill they abandoned us without support due to the legal issue. So I don't know for now, but $99 is a good deal intead you'll paying $200.
    weltv is a good machin with technical support, for viewing there's no 100% smooth playing, the lagging issues are acceptable and sometime is networking issue. Yes, VOD is great, lots contents to choose from.I'm using WiFi connection.
    Sounds good.

I know $99 is cheaper than $199, but I'm not that hopeful the i7 will be a better improvement over the i5. I can't watch tvb live at the moment. What's to say the i7 will have the same connection problems?

I'd rather pay more for a better service. But not exorbitantly more.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    I scan def confirm this works well with HK stuff just that you need to side load the apps which is a minor nuisance.

@Prost what is their FB name under?
  • 535four535four Member
    I did the same that I was purchased from ClubTVPad for $335 and got $35 back rebate from made a review feedback.
    Under what name on face book? weltv? I'm always asked a questions if needed on their main web site but it's only in Chinese but you can post in English.
  • ProstProst Junior Member
    I did the same that I was purchased from ClubTVPad for $335 and got $35 back rebate from made a review feedback.
    Under what name on face book? weltv? I'm always asked a questions if needed on their main web site but it's only in Chinese but you can post in English.
    On FB under TvBox Weltv
  • 535four535four Member
    Thanks, but I don't see any chat on it.
    Thanks, but I don't see any chat on it.
    I usually use the FB messenger to send him message and he will reply in timely manner, he is the same Frank guy from WelTV from the old clubTVpad forum

Thanked by 1535four
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @fei Aren't you just choosing what to worry about ? Who to say buying a Weltv won't have a problem all other boxes are having. After all they are all illegal.

Sounds good.

I know $99 is cheaper than $199, but I'm not that hopeful the i7 will be a better improvement over the i5. I can't watch tvb live at the moment. What's to say the i7 will have the same connection problems?

• @fei Aren't you just choosing what to worry about ? Who to say buying a Weltv won't have a problem all other boxes are having. After all they are all illegal.

Sounds good.

I understand that all these boxes may have problems, but I just want to buy one with the least problems.
    At the moment my i5 player works sporadically. I'm just worried that the i7 will not be much of an improvement.

No one on here has said they've got the i7, so we know nothing about it.
  • 535four535four Member
    fei, from my experience, get a WelTV, since no one has a i7.
  • fei, from my experience, get a WelTV, since no one has a i7.
    Yeah, that's what I think as well.
    Just got the little box activated, everything works great, fast, stable, so many VOD to choose from, well..let's see how long it will last, actually they never went down since I got the first generation box almost 2 years ago, I'm quit happy to play with it B)
    Any update after a few weeks of use? My "old" WelTV (the white one) still works and wonder how'd the new one is after a while

• 535four535four Member
    The new WelTV3 runs great and stabled and I don't see any complain on their web site, The white box still working but some stream channels they moved to h.265 so you only get the sound but no video, eventually they will moved all channels to h.265 slowly, that way they can keep their business going.
  • frances763frances763 Junior Member
    I am living in US, do I have to buy WELTV 3 on EBAY? Is there official website I can purchase from?
  • cal1234cal1234 Junior Member
    Need help
    I have weltv box 2.
    The app such as movies heaven, cantonese video, are skipping.
    Any clude why it does that?
    Also the xmbc app, some of the add on keeps saying not meet ependency when i try to open it such as ice film and az drama....

• yes, sometimes it has skipping issue but no one mentions on their forum.
    you should updated your xbmc to kodi, my azdrama addon working fine, have you update your addons lately?
  • cal1234cal1234 Junior Member
    Please provide link and instruction update xmbc to kodi. Yes azdrama is no longer working..keep saying dependcy no met.
    Please help...
  • You may download kodi from Google Play store or and for azdrama addons here's the link

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=149052
    I try to run Kodi in the white WelTV but it cannot be run...I contacted WelTV on FB and they said Kodi cannot be run on the white box, only the newer one will work
  • When I purchased the white box I did not have XBMC on it and I 've never installed one.
    If the new KODI not supported, try to install the old XBMC see if it work.
    They said it needs special procedure for the white box to run XBMC and it's not an easily process...I give up and run Kodi on uBox instead