HTV2 update and need Activation code

Comments

• edited December 2018
    I bite... After the activation code was entered, it said you have 1400+ (Forgot the actual number) more days left. So not sure if it really mean 6 months or what. Don't quote me for it but it works instantly after your enter the code. Since this is my in-laws box I guess its better to paid than buying them a new one.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    It makes the make sense at the moment tbh.
    I bite... After the activation code was entered, it said you have 1400+ (Forgot the actual number) more days left. So not sure if it really mean 6 months or what. Don't quote me for it but it works instantly after your enter the code. Since this is my in-laws box I guess its better to paid than buying them a new one.
  • edited December 2018
    I tried to install the 超級直播 app that @TVBullshit mentioned in the thread https://tvpad.ca/discussion/1650/streaming-apps-for-android-boxes/p18 onto my HTV2 box since its live TV app doesn't work anymore. The app installed OK and runs fine. I can even unlocked the TVB channels following the instructions which is great.

The only problem is that the sound and picture are seriously out of sync by a big margin :/

I'm wondering if the out of sync problem is a common issue of the app or only because I'm running it on the HTV2 box?
    It's probably the htv2 box hardware being too old or not powerful enough. Maybe the version of Android is too old too.

I tried loading another program from this forum(the rss player) and got audio syncing errors. Video streamed OK though
    Post edited by Madman999 on
  • Hey guys, so here’s my dilemma. My Htv2 is no longer running. I get a pop up reading “ED1 - application has expires, contact dealer” for Live TV and ED3- with message reading “product out of date” for VOD. Never received message stating I need to activate for $20. Any suggestions out there? Thxs
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Update the apps and you should be prompted.

Your apps are probably out of date.
    Hey guys, so here’s my dilemma. My Htv2 is no longer running. I get a pop up reading “ED1 - application has expires, contact dealer” for Live TV and ED3- with message reading “product out of date” for VOD. Never received message stating I need to activate for $20. Any suggestions out there? Thxs
  • I have just paid the $20 activation fee and my HTV2 box screen displayed I have 1609 days left (not sure whether it is true). But the HTV2 box works again.
  • I have just paid the $20 activation fee and my HTV2 box screen displayed I have 1609 days left (not sure whether it is true). But the HTV2 box works again.
    Can you check tomorrow and see how many days remaining?
  • I have just paid the $20 activation fee for my HTV2 box, but only work粵重播, others such 鮮橙, 粵繽紛,非凡...can't work, how can I find應用 again ?
  • I just purchased the code and entered it. I waited 1/2 hr after and got this message “EC5, Failed to play, please consult your dealer” I tried both Newtube and WonderVision. I got the same message on both. I emailed them and am waiting for a response.
  • Seems like my reply got deleted.

I paid for the activation code, applied it and it worked immediately on the newtube Mandarin app, took about 15 minutes on the Extraordinary TV app (live tv app).

Said I had about 1514 days to use the app.
  • I just purchased the code and entered it. I waited 1/2 hr after and got this message “EC5, Failed to play, please consult your dealer” I tried both Newtube and WonderVision. I got the same message on both. I emailed them and am waiting for a response.
    Did you ever get a response from them? Is your problem resolved?
  • Seems like my reply got deleted.

I paid for the activation code, applied it and it worked immediately on the newtube Mandarin app, took about 15 minutes on the Extraordinary TV app (live tv app).

It's been a couple of days, how many days does it show remaining now? Just curious if it's really decreasing by 1 each day from the initial number.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited January 2019
    It's not really relevant. Is it? Not sure why you want to know.

Are you only interested in subscribing because you are getting "more days" than the supposed days for the plan?

If that's the case, the amount of days showing won't matter if the company go out of business.
    Seems like my reply got deleted.

It's been a couple of days, how many days does it show remaining now? Just curious if it's really decreasing by 1 each day from the initial number.
  • edited January 2019
    It's not really relevant. Is it? Not sure why you want to know.

Are you only interested in subscribing because you are getting "more days" than the supposed days for the plan?

If that's the case, the amount of days showing won't matter if the company go out of business.
    As I said, it's pure curiosity. Why they don't just put 180 days but put in such a big random number instead. They can go out of business, or my box's hardware can fail, whichever comes first.
    Post edited by munchu on
  • So the activation code just work for 非凡电视 、鲜橙视频 、7天回看? How about 粵好睇? My 粵好睇 stopped working with ED2 expired error message since Dec 30. If I get the code, will that work with 粵好睇? my 大視界 didn't update to 鲜橙视频 automatically and show error message when I try to play video. Where do I enter the code if I pay for that?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Pretty sure that's included. 粵好睇 updated to another app.
    So the activation code just work for 非凡电视 、鲜橙视频 、7天回看? How about 粵好睇? My 粵好睇 stopped working with ED2 expired error message since Dec 30. If I get the code, will that work with 粵好睇? my 大視界 didn't update to 鲜橙视频 automatically and show error message when I try to play video. Where do I enter the code if I pay for that?
  • You should only need to enter the code once when prompted by any of the programs. I believe it registers the box.

For me, The live TV app said it might take 15 minutes to become active.
  • Should be noted that some of the old programs are now obsolete and have been replaced by some newer ones.
    Did you ever get a response from them? Is your problem resolved?
    No response as of yet and still not working as I am still getting the same messages.
  • edited January 2019
    You should only need to enter the code once when prompted by any of the programs. I believe it registers the box.

For me, The live TV app said it might take 15 minutes to become active.
    None of my old program automatically update to new version when I open. I still have 粤回味, 精彩回放, 大視界, 粵港樂視, 粵好睇 & 中文電視 It just show error code and says product expired when opening video. Where and how do I enter the activation code if none of the program prompt to ask for the code?