HTV2 update and need Activation code

Comments

• Which app is not getting updated? I think the Cantonese app has not had any updates. The Mandarin app (NewTube) has gotten updates though.
  • Manchu - thxs, I will try that route.
    Were you able to figure out how to enter the activate code? I'm also in the same boat. I have the latest apps in my htv2 but it only shows the ED2 error message with no prompt to activate.
  • @Madman999 @Ivan8 Since your HTV2 box apps working again, do you experience any picture and sound out of sync problem with TVB channels? My friend paid the activation fee and the apps work again, but since then TVB channels have serious out of sync problem. Other live channels do not have this issue.
  • I haven't noticed anything negative with the live channels but I don't use it as much.

My relatives seem to use the Mandarin(New Tube) VOD app more. No issues with that.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    @Madman999 @Ivan8 Since your HTV2 box apps working again, do you experience any picture and sound out of sync problem with TVB channels? My friend paid the activation fee and the apps work again, but since then TVB channels have serious out of sync problem. Other live channels do not have this issue.
    I saw this happening this weekend. There's picture. No sound. So it's not just your friend's box.
  • If there's picture but no sound, just turn your TV off, then on again. There is an old problem with the htv2 box not connecting audio upon first boot up. Had been a problem with my older Sony LCD TV since the beginning. But easily fixed with a TV restart.

I think people might be having problems with general laggy behavior with audio and video. This could be due to the generally weak hardware in the HTV2 box. All I can suggest is clear the cache and data for the individual programs.
    If there's picture but no sound, just turn your TV off, then on again. There is an old problem with the htv2 box not connecting audio upon first boot up. Had been a problem with my older Sony LCD TV since the beginning. But easily fixed with a TV restart.

I think people might be having problems with general laggy behavior with audio and video. This could be due to the generally weak hardware in the HTV2 box. All I can suggest is clear the cache and data for the individual programs.
    It's not any hardware thing, it's their issue. I changed the channel to mainland channels and everything is fine but the Cantonese ones didn't work.
  • Whoever had problems after paying activation fee and emailed customer service, did they ever respond and resolve your problems?
  • Hi, I read all your comments and decided to give it a try to buy activation code. It works fine again.
    However, is that only one app only for one code? Cause so far only NewTube can use cause i went in there to key in the code. the TVB/ cantonese one still asking me for a code and cannot stream...
  • Hi, I read all your comments and decided to give it a try to buy activation code. It works fine again.
    However, is that only one app only for one code? Cause so far only NewTube can use cause i went in there to key in the code. the TVB/ cantonese one still asking me for a code and cannot stream...
    I have not tried it myself, but my friend did buy the activation code and all apps work again over a period of about 30 minutes after entering the code in one of the apps.

Are some apps still not working for you? If so, you should send email to customer service, although I'm not sure how long it takes for them to respond.
  • I try to purchase the activation code online, but every time I entered my email address, it would says wrong email address. What's up with that. Can anybody explain or better yet have a 800 customer service number I can call
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    I doubt they have a 800 number since they're chinese.

Have you try using another email account?
    I try to purchase the activation code online, but every time I entered my email address, it would says wrong email address. What's up with that. Can anybody explain or better yet have a 800 customer service number I can call
  • I don't mind pay for the subscription fees. I cant update the firmware and cant get the apps updated. Can anyone provide firmware for HTV2?
  • Download the latest apk files from the Dropbox link that I posted.
  • I got htv2, VOD and live app are working again. Didn't even need to pay the subscription. My live app always worked.
  • I got htv2, VOD and live app are working again. Didn't even need to pay the subscription. My live app always worked.
    the new version app?
  • owasso96owasso96 Junior Member
    The HTV 3 was working fine again for awhile since last updated around Dec 2018, last night its asking for update again, I haven't update it yet, did anyone have any problems after the latest update from yesterday??
  • Htv2 box is asking to pay after 6 months, this time increase to $30/6 months. And they suggested to buy new box then free to watch for 2 yrs then need to pay again.

Is there a way to bypass this?

Their apps somehow has the best and latest korean drama with Cantonese subtitle.

Anyone know how to bypass it

Did you already paid before and now it's asking again?

• I paid $20 for 6 months in January for my in-laws. It's up for renewal again in about a week. If it's $30 now, I'll have to reconsider. Did they say how much the new box costs?