HTV2 update and need Activation code

Comments

• When you buy a box, you are literally paying for a subscription with it bundled with the box price

Given the HTV2 is roughly 3 years old now. It make sense they're being force onto the subscription.

Assuming one of you had bought if for $180. $180 / 3 = 60 per year (give or take)
    I don't think I'll pay them anything which there is no guarantee at all.
    Me neither. The whole point of buying a TV box is to avoid paying subscription fees. There are other options out there.
    yup! I still prefer one-time payment instead of monthly or annual subscription. I feel like I don't need to pay anymore, but I know that is not truth. If I have to pay monthly, I will be crazy, non stop watching TV all the time and all day long.
    The HTV2 will be ended in a couple of days. Oh! it is full of dust and it hasn't been turned on for a while. I force myself NOW to watch more TV. I will leave my other TV box aside. HA HA!
  • What's the other best option? Any recommendation?
    I don't think I'll pay them anything which there is no guarantee at all.
    Me neither. The whole point of buying a TV box is to avoid paying subscription fees. There are other options out there.
    I currently have EVpad Plus and just ordered the UPro2 to replace my good-bye HTV2 soon.. I have heard the new EVPad 3 is also pretty good as well. Check them out~
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    I took a look at site, there's an email on the bottom. Any one try to email them?
    I took a look at site, there's an email on the bottom. Any one try to email them?
    Curious to see what happens this week when the trial run ends. There weird thing is I don't see the messages you guys have on the box, so I don't know if box is not prompting and everything ends on Thursday or only certain people are getting this.
  • Does anyone has one of these boxes HTV3/5/A1/A2? Just wondering, ... also getting the same pop-up alert message too? or only for HTV2's boxes?
  • edited December 2018
    I can try, but I doubt there's any use. We don't know what's the agreement between HTV2 and those apps' developer.
  • Curious to see what happens this week when the trial run ends. There weird thing is I don't see the messages you guys have on the box, so I don't know if box is not prompting and everything ends on Thursday or only certain people are getting this.
    So you're saying that you don't see these messages on your HTV2 box even after the apps are updated to 非凡電視 and 鮮橙視頻 and those apps continue to work fine after the update?

I thought all HTV2 boxes are having the same issue (which forces it's end of life). No?!

I think you'll probably get a response if you write Chinese to them.

[email protected]
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    No message on htv5
  • No message on htv5
    Anyone with HTV2 box not seeing the activation code message after updating to the new apps?
  • plasmaplasma Junior Member
    A2 has no message either.
  • My HTV2 has message after the apps are updated to 非凡電視 and 鮮橙視頻...
  • no message on A1
    No message on htv5
    Anyone with HTV2 box not seeing the activation code message after updating to the new apps?
    I know a few people that has it but don't hear any complaints on it so I assume it's currently targeted right now.

Where are you located?
  • No message on htv5
    I know a few people that has it but don't hear any complaints on it so I assume it's currently targeted right now.

Where are you located?
    I'm in the US. My HTV2 box was bought back in 2015 and there's no A1 or A2 model number on it.
    So what's happening to the apps today? Did it stop working?
  • So what's happening to the apps today? Did it stop working?
    It's still showing 1 day remaining as of just now. I'll check again later today and see what happens.
    What about others who also see the message?
  • I think you'll probably get a response if you write Chinese to them.

[email protected]
    BTW, I sent email to this address, in Chinese, but no reply after 3 days.
  • clifflee06clifflee06 Junior Member
    My Htv2 apk 粵繽紛,鮮橙視頻 showed EA6,系統異常,請咨詢經銷商.
    I am in PA usa
    edited December 2018
    My Htv2 apk 粵繽紛,鮮橙視頻 showed EA6,系統異常,請咨詢經銷商.
    I am in PA usa
    Does it still ask you to put in a subscription code?

This is from another thread when the apps were crashing, I don't know which live TV app is good but this one from one of the members (Tylerlee) should be a good replacement for the VOD.

今日影视 - TVB, China, English Dramas & Movies VOD
    https://mega.nz/#!4aZjHQpA!8m5CBNLEKERTW0On_SAQYKtqzu7NWHyFYFFneYFW3oM
    Post edited by Mmmaru on