TVPad 4 Automatically Erased Everything

13»

Comments

• @535four - Yes that is exactly what I was thinking...as long as its working, I'd leave it alone. The only problem is if the remote stops responding again then I'd be forced to hard power down the device which I know is not the ideal way to shut it down.

Question for all users: Do you leave your TVPad on "standby" mode or powered down when not in use?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Joyce I just leave it on at all times.
  • @padman: I did leave it on for sometime but there were a few instances where I had the TV turned off while the Pad4 was still on - playing LIVE programs, however, when I turned the TV back on after a couple of hours, the screen freezes and of course I was forced to power down. I'm trying to avoid "hard power down" as much as possible.

So I've been putting the Pad4 on standby when not in use. Is this okay to do?

Also I can't leave my modem/router on for an extended period of time (more than a week) as they require a reboot a least once a week.

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @Joyce Strange that your screen would freeze. Based on what you said about you require rebooting your modem once a week, perhaps the freezing issue could be a connection issue.

Cause my mom would often leave a stream on and turn the tv off, and it just kept playing.

Standby should be fine as it is not a hard reset. There is continuous power to the deviec itself.
  • EinEin Just Watchin`
    The old firmware ( it was over a year old) doesn't seems to be as stable as the current. The old version seems to freeze every two days. It required a power off/on to reset. No freeze since the update.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Ein I assumed you were running 5.054 ?
  • EinEin Just Watchin`
    @Ein I assumed you were running 5.054 ?
    Yes.
  • macau99macau99 Junior Member
    Please help! when I tried to download the v5.06 ota zip file from my pc to usb I have the following message. I have tried 3 usb all of them format to fat 32 and they are 16gb.

Compressed (zipped) Folders

Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and
    click OK to continue.

[OK] [Cancel]
  • question,
    I was able to upgrade my tvpad 4 to 5.066, however yue tv 0.4, yuetv 2.3 both are not working! other china tv works, i have access to the app store, but none of hte tvb stuff works.... PLEASE HELP!
  • Tvpad4Tvpad4 Junior Member
    edited January 2017
    I just updated to v.5.066 and work find couple for minutes and erasing come up then black out not thing comeback :'( look like tvpad4 die. Can someone will help please!!! :'(
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    I just updated to v.5.066 and work find couple for minutes and erasing come up then backout not thing comeback????????????look like tvpad die. Can someone will help please!!!????????????
    as long you are v.5.066 then you can download all apps from Tvpad store
  • Tvpad4Tvpad4 Junior Member
    lt not thing shown on tv screen! What can I do??? :s
  • USB DRIVE didnot work for FW 5.06 only microsd card 8gb
  • pappypappy Member
    edited January 2017
    Tvpad4 press the home button on the remote see if it helps, also the ? Button with the word help below the button
  • I have 5.066, the tvb app in the store is NOT working!!!! change dns will work for couple mins then account will be not. changes back to "auto", 港粵 can not watch anything, china tv does work. BUT THIS DEFEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF TVPAD.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @orange1688 does yuetv work for you ?
  • AussieAussie Junior Member
    This is very frustrating that TVPad4 will work a couple of months then go offline then some fixes..... then work for a couple more months then more fixes. Should they put in a help page somewhere instead of having everyone guessing.
  • AussieAussie Junior Member
    Btw, VPN stopped working for me today for all HK drama. Real time streaming still works. Anyone can help?.
  • @orange1688 does yuetv work for you ?
    Thanks for replying back.
    Unfortunately, yuetv doesnot work, i tried boy 0.4, or 2.3. none of it loads anything. do you have any other version to try? Thank you!