TVPad 4 Automatically Erased Everything

Hi,

My Pad4 was running fine until I tried to change channels when the remote control would not respond. I was forced to power off the device (basically had to pull the plug). When I plugged the power adapter back in, the screen showed the TVPad Logo with the word "Erasing" right below the logo, then I had to go through the setup as if its a new setup. Once setup was complete, all of my apps disappeared. I also was unable to connect to the TVPad Store.

Also when I did an Internet Connection Test, I keep getting a Server Error Code:-1 error. What does this error mean? I have high speed cable and I was able to get online using my computer, smartphone etc. Only the TVPad was unable to connect. The testing progress bar shows 3 green checks until it reaches the Server option which gave me the -1 error code. My device is running Android 4.42 with system version 5.054.

How do I resolve the Server error and be able to connect online? My TVPad is connected using an Ethernet cable and setting was set to Auto. Should I do the Manual setting? If so, what DNS should I be using? Also how do I get the YueTV app installed back on the device?

Please help! I've never done this before so please provide step by step information so I can follow. Thank you so so much!

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    If you just need yuetv then just download it onto your usb and install it.

It should work after that.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Please update to new frimware 5.066 it should fix the automatic erasing problem.I believe they have bugs in old version.
  • Thanks for responding so quickly.

@Padman - I was only able to find YueTV 0.40 in this forum, is this the latest version? I thought I had 0.42.

@cheuk5 - will firmware 5.066 work in the United States? I am located in Massachusetts. If so, how do I go about upgrading this firmware? Save to USB and plug it into Pad4 and will it auto launch and install? Last time I tried to install something using USB, it didn't do anything after I plugged it in.

Thanks again for your help!
    Thanks for responding so quickly.

@Padman - I was only able to find YueTV 0.40 in this forum, is this the latest version? I thought I had 0.42.

@cheuk5 - will firmware 5.066 work in the United States? I am located in Massachusetts. If so, how do I go about upgrading this firmware? Save to USB and plug it into Pad4 and will it auto launch and install? Last time I tried to install something using USB, it didn't do anything after I plugged it in.

Thanks again for your help!
    which version you have now?
  • I have version 5.054
  • Thanks but will FW version 5.060 work in the United States? The link indicated that it may not work in the U.S. Also, I am afraid if I try to update my firmware from 5.054 to 5.060 it would mess up the existing configuration and won't let me go back to 5.054. Is there a way for me to save my existing firmware version to a USB before I attempt this upgrade?

Also, I was able to successfully side load YueTV 0.42 on my device running the existing firmware version 5.054 but "Live" TV is not working it keeps connecting at 1% so I went and do a "network test" again and got the same server error -1 code again, is this the way it should be? I got green checks for IP address, Gateway, and DNS -- but no green check for Server, got a -1 error code instead.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    I think you need to downgrade to 0.4
    Thanks but will FW version 5.060 work in the United States? The link indicated that it may not work in the U.S. Also, I am afraid if I try to update my firmware from 5.054 to 5.060 it would mess up the existing configuration and won't let me go back to 5.054. Is there a way for me to save my existing firmware version to a USB before I attempt this upgrade?

Also, I was able to successfully side load YueTV 0.42 on my device running the existing firmware version 5.054 but "Live" TV is not working it keeps connecting at 1% so I went and do a "network test" again and got the same server error -1 code again, is this the way it should be? I got green checks for IP address, Gateway, and DNS -- but no green check for Server, got a -1 error code instead.
    Because they block v5.054 (USA). you have to manual update to v5.060 then you can update by OTA to V5.066,You got green checks for IP address, Gateway, and DNS -- but no green check for Server( it is normal for V5.054 but YueTv still working )
  • @Joyce - server error -1 code is normal in US, I don't recommend update your firmware, mine is working fine here in US except VOD.
    @Joyce - server error -1 code is normal in US, I don't recommend update your firmware, mine is working fine here in US except VOD.
    After update to V5.066 it look like more smooth and stable and we can connect to pad store and google play store too.
  • @cheuk5 - in USA? hmm..please if anyone can confirm this?
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154838813209194&set=pcb.10154838820559194&type=3&theater
    I know Jimmy, he's in UK not US, thanks thou...
    Yes that inform is from USA and you can see the Apps icron on the desk top
  • Not sure...anyway are you from US? I guess not, we want to play it safe don't want to get restricted.
    Not sure...anyway are you from US? I guess not, we want to play it safe don't want to get restricted.
    Yes I am in Chicago
    Thanked by 2535four ttyy001
  • 535four535four Member
    edited January 2017
    Ah..ok, yeah, Jimmy mention you're from Chicago Yau, so it's safe to upgrade, good to know now I have something to play with it. Thanks. ;)
  • @cheuk5 - I got tvpad 4 updated to v5.060 and tried get update OTA for v.5.066 failed, it says "Network Abnormal" on either WiFi or Ethernet connection, but all apps still working, any suggestions?
    @cheuk5 - I got tvpad 4 updated to v5.060 and tried get update OTA for v.5.066 failed, it says "Network Abnormal" on either WiFi or Ethernet connection, but all apps still working, any suggestions?
    Go here to find the good DNS http://www.bestdns.org/for/hk/ put it in 手動 然後做網路測試,如果四關通過就可以OTA升級
    Thanked by 2535four padman