TVPad 4 Automatically Erased Everything

Comments

• Thanks, I'll try it and post back.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited January 2017
    Hey Cheuk, I found a good 1 from Canada, now it's downloading even 只係 过了三關便可以OTA啦, 唔該晒, 成功啦。Now I have tons of boxes to upgrade now B)

@Joyce - I was successfully upgraded v.5.066 here at US California using a Canada DNS that cheuk5 provided above. After finished you'll have to unplug the power and re-connected again to make it work otherwise you'll get restricted screen.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hey Cheuk, I found a good 1 from Canada, now it's downloading even 只係 过了三關便可以OTA啦, 唔該晒, 成功啦。Now I have tons of boxes to upgrade now B)

@Joyce - I was successfully upgraded v.5.066 here at US California using a Canada DNS that cheuk5 provided above. After finished you'll have to unplug the power and re-connected again to make it work otherwise you'll get restricted screen.
    Yes after update you need to change back the network setting to auto and unplug the power and re-connected again................ B)
  • @535four: Hi, I just wanted to make sure I have this right:

1. You were able to "manually" update your Pad4's FW from 5.054 to 5.060 by following the instructions on Eric Poon's web page. Did you download the file to a USB or SD Card? I only have a USB, will that work? Also do I need that "banana" install file in order to install this FW?

2. Did you set your network to "Manual" acquire or "Auto"? In order to use a workable DNS from that list I would think "manual"?

3. Once you changed the DNS, you "automatically" received the FW upgrade to v.5.066?

4. Then you unplugged the Pad4 and restart.

Sorry for all these questions, I'm new to this and I want to make sure I don't mess it up.

Thank you!

• @Joyce - 1. yes, manually update your Pad4's FW from 5.054 to 5.060 by following the instructions on Eric Poon's web page, Download to a clean SD card do not unzipped the file, you my use USB it should work, no need banana file. Use the remote press 200901011, a update program will prompt.

2. Get a good DNS apply to Network use Manual setting then Acquire, when finished, check Network Test to complete, close it done. ( you may have to try many DNS to be success )

3. When done go ahead check update OTA manually not auto. When done, change back to auto DNS and check Network test again, closed when success.

4. You'll get tvpad was restricted until you power off and unplug the power then re-plug to start, restricted banner will gone away, check the apps store to install apps that you want.
    5. Good luck!

1.Yes you need manually" update your Pad4's FW from 5.054 to 5.060 by following the instructions on Eric Poon's web page.and put the file in SD card."banana"is a side load tool not for update use.
    2.You have set acquire to manual
    @Joyce - 1. yes, manually update your Pad4's FW from 5.054 to 5.060 by following the instructions on Eric Poon's web page, Download to a clean SD card do not unzipped the file, you my use USB it should work, no need banana file. Use the remote press 200901011, a update program will prompt.

2. Get a good DNS apply to Network use Manual setting then Acquire, when finished, check Network Test to complete, close it done. ( you may have to try many DNS to be success )

3. When done go ahead check update OTA manually not auto. When done, change back to auto DNS and check Network test again, closed when success.

4. You'll get tvpad was restricted until you power off and unplug the power then re-plug to start, restricted banner will gone away, check the apps store to install apps that you want.
    5. Good luck!
    The number should be 200981811
  • Lol... 老花呀。。。thanks for correction.
  • Thanks guys for all your help!

@535four: where did you find the Canada DNS? The bestdns link provided by Cheuk5 only contained DNS information from HK. Also how's the new FW working for you? Is it working smoothly? VOD working as well?
  • Look for and select the country on right, HK's DNS doesn't work for me. Everything working smoothly including VOD except Youtube.
    Look for and select the country on right, HK's DNS doesn't work for me. Everything working smoothly including VOD except Youtube.
    Hi. try this one it is working for you. http://www.filedropper.com/youtubetv-127_1
  • 535four535four Member
    edited January 2017
    Look for and select the country on right, HK's DNS doesn't work for me. Everything working smoothly including VOD except Youtube.
    Hi. try this one it is working for you. http://www.filedropper.com/youtubetv-127_1
    Thanks cheuk, let me try it and post it back.

Oh man, you're the best, it's working now, thanks again!
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    Mr. Yau (cheuk5) from Chicago as Jimmy called him, also help Mr.Phantoman to make his program for tvpad1-3 somehow worked for limited use instead a door stop. Credit for credit due. I think 535four is what Jimmy called 亞Sam, who had a lots of different tvbox, very knowledgeable on tvbox. If I guessed correctly, thank you man. Jimmy also mentioned Benny a lots, and I think he is here somewhere
    Mr. Yau (cheuk5) from Chicago as Jimmy called him, also help Mr.Phantoman to make his program for tvpad1-3 somehow worked for limited use instead a door stop. Credit for credit due. I think 535four is what Jimmy called 亞Sam, who had a lots of different tvbox, very knowledgeable on tvbox. If I guessed correctly, thank you man. Jimmy also mentioned Benny a lots, and I think he is here somewhere
    Benny is located in Malaysia
  • EinEin Just Watchin`
    edited January 2017
    Well, I don't know if there was a bug or my Mom managed to erase the TVpad by mistake again?

I decided to follow cheuk5's advise. It upgraded to 5.066 and got the App Store back. If it gets erased again, at least I can get apps from the store now.

Thanks @cheuk5

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Looks like this method is working for people. @padman can we get a sticky on the directions if there isn't one already. I think it would help a lot folks without scrolling through the threads.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Here you go

http://tvpadnews.com/2017/01/15/upgrade-method-for-tvpad-4-to-5-060/
    Looks like this method is working for people. @padman can we get a sticky on the directions if there isn't one already. I think it would help a lot folks without scrolling through the threads.
    Thanked by 1Mmmaru
  • macau99macau99 Junior Member
    Do I still need vpn to run v.5.066. I'm in California. Thank you
    Do I still need vpn to run v.5.066. I'm in California. Thank you
    No. you don't need that any more.
  • Just a quick update: I was about to upgrade my firmware the other day but decided to try connecting to LIVE once again before I proceed and to my surprise, it worked! It's been working fine until last night when the remote became unresponsive. So I had to hard power down and after that it worked fine. Sounds like upgrading the FW is the best way to go but I'm a bit nervous about that...

Thanks again everyone!
  • 535four535four Member
    edited January 2017
    Just a quick update: I was about to upgrade my firmware the other day but decided to try connecting to LIVE once again before I proceed and to my surprise, it worked! It's been working fine until last night when the remote became unresponsive. So I had to hard power down and after that it worked fine. Sounds like upgrading the FW is the best way to go but I'm a bit nervous about that...

Thanks again everyone!
    Quite welcome, it's not necessary to get upgrade if it's working. Yes, it's better and run smoother after updated and you can access to app store for download, but who knows it may get restricted for US user later on.